October 24, 2014 | 1406 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Energy Cocktail Intensive Care

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am honestly shocked I can use this. For one thing I have a very hit-or-miss record with Vit C serums. Most of them break me out, though Lumene's normal one doesn't. But more importantly I've never used another product that has avocado oil in it that hasn't failed to give me cystic acne. Honestly, I missed it when I checked the ingredients list before purchase and didn't realize my mistake until several days later. Since it was working, I kept using it, and now 2 months after my initial purchase it's still working great. I know that this doesn't have remotely the same benefits as using a good quality C serum like Skinceuticals, but since I can actually use this and it solves my bigger problem of severely dry skin I don't really care. I probably won't have to keep using it during the summer, but for winter: this is a skin saver. I do still have to use a moisturizing cream on top of it, but that extra layer of hydration this provides is essential. Lumene is a fantastic line, and I can't think of a single product I've tried from it that has disappointed me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a skin saving must for winter skin. I use this twice a day and I can honestly say it will now be my HG hydrator for winter. Overall I love Lumene's products, I dont' think they get enough attention or praise. I love the fact that they are paraben free as I have estrogen dominance and parabens seem to have a negative effect on my skin. I was already using their SOS cream for dry patches but I thought I would try this when CVS had a sale. I use almost all of the Nuance skin care but this cocktail is special and I'm using it as my main serum in the winter. If there is any country that understand Winter Dry/Dehydrated skin it would be Finland!!

Completely rehydrates dehydrated skin. It has safe natural oils for combo, breakout prone skin like Jojoba and avocado. It has Vitamin C and lactic acid which help with brightness and mild exfoliation. It really works well to heal up any acne spots that are red. Layering this under a good deep moisturizing cream will get your skin immediately backto feeling less dry and more comfortable. It makes my skin smooth and very supple feeling. It absorbs very well without being greasy and would say it's safe to use for those with oilier skins that need hydrated (Oily doesn't necessarily mean moisturized!!). I plan to repurchase this when I run out and definitely plan to keep this as a staple in my routine.

No breakouts, no irritation (I have very sensitive skin too). It's a winner!

Water , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Hydrogenated Polydecene , Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil , Squalane , Glycerin , Tocopheryl Acetate , Phenoxyethanol , Panthenol , Butylene Glycol , Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil , Oxycoccus Palustris (Cranberry) Seed Oil , Hydroxyethylcellulose , PEG 8 , Hippophae Rhamnoides (Oblipicha) Oil , Ethylhexylglycerin , Tocopherol , Sodium Lactate , Lactic Acid , Serine , Sorbitol , TEA Lactate , Urea , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Chloride , Ascorbic Acid , Citric Acid , Allantoin , Red 33 , Yellow 5 , Citral , Geraniol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Limonene , Linalool , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Fragrance

Someone said there are Parabens in this . That is not true. Lumene does not use Parabens in their products, it's part of their philosophy not to use them. You can look these ingredients up on Skindeep database. Their older products may have had at onetime used them but they do not anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by kochanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this! It keeps my skin soft and dewy even in a dry, cold climate. No irritation, clogs, or breakouts whatsoever. I've also been using the Lumene vitamin c night cream and toner and those are amazing too! My skin has done a total 180 since I started using these products. My skin gets so dry and sensitive in the winter leading to dull, flaky, unsightly skin. Foundation only makes it look worse. But now my skin is always dewy and glowy, absolutely love it. First line that actually delivered on it's promises of hydration, and without clogging or irritation. And it's inexpensive too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

To start off, I was going through a "only expensive skincare works" phase and was purchasing all my Skincare through an expensive beauty shop. I had such bad luck in the past with drug store skincare products, so I had decided to give up and found some products that DID work and didn't care if I had to spend the extra $$$ for great skin! Until just recently when I was at my local Walgreens and I'm always interested looking at what's new and seeing the drug store "couture" skincare. I noticed the bright orange bottle with the two-toned serums inside. I'm very big on using vitamin C on my skin to help even my skin tone and I am partly dry so I bought it. I am very pleased so far!! After I cleanse and tone my skin, I apply just one pump of this and then my other serums and moisturizer. (Yes! I use more than one serum! Ahh Hah!) I found that after I apply this serum and then apply my other serums/moisturizer, it helps spread them around more evenly and I feel them getting absorbed better. I love when I wake up in the morning and my skin is so soft and smooth! And when I apply it in the morning my makeup stays on longer and my face looks so smooth and pores are tighter! Repurchasing for sure and already got my mom one! Please don't discontinue! Thanks Finland!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Alex77

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love. I've used this for about 8 months now and my skin drinks it up. I live in a dry climate and it keeps my skin soft and dewy throughout the day. I also love their night cream. I used to use a really expensive day and night cream but a friend of mine (an esthetician) told me about Lumene with an emphasis on these two items and I can't thank her enough. Oil, yes it's oil and I wouldn't have it any other way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I've purchased this product no less than 4-5 times, which may seem normal, but is nothing short of strange in my book, due to my fickle nature. there are few products i repurchase, and those i do are truly difference-makers...this is one of those. I adore it, and would be at a loss if it discontinued--not only does it make it difference, it shows immediately, kid you not. Of course, this isn't to say everyone will experience the same results, but I'm continually astonished by how lovely my skin looks post-application. Rosy, with that elusive glow you'll hear referenced time to time (I reckon it's the vitamin c working its magic.) my qualms with the serum are few, but do exist: I wish the packaging were in an amber or blue glass bottle to extend its lifespan, and the pump dispenses the product a bit too quickly for my taste. I run through this stuff hella fast, but honestly, that's likely my fault. I could do with using less. BUT I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

If you find it a bit pricey "for a drugstore product" (the amazing ingredients, glass bottle, and overall excellent quality of lumene should make you rethink that statement, however,) wait for Walgreens to put it on sale. They do 25% or better frequently.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i only use this @ night because it's too oily for me to use during the day. it's definitely one of the cheaper "serums" (feels more like a flat out oil) out there, but i'm not convinced that it really does anything special. to use, i shake up the bottle a few times, immediately pump 1 full pump into my palms, rub them together, then finally pat over my face (key is to pat, not rub). it doesn't seem like it completely sinks in, but does soothe my face without breaking me out. i don't notice any brightening or evening of my skintone though. overall, i'm not terribly impressed and would not repurchase since i think a good moisturizer would do the same at a lower cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by KittyKidee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've become a fan of Lumene. I don't know why exactly because nothing I've used besides this is all too amazing.. Just a weird, inexplicably biased preference.. That's why I won't do many reviews of other Lumene products. I probably wouldn't have the best opinions. But this cocktail.. i do love this stuff.. and it's not just in my head. Not too much to say that hasn't already been said. Doesn't ever burn or sting on my eczema prone skin. I'll put it on my face after the shower and rub whatever is left on my arms and hands. I agree with the comments about how it doesn't always come out mixed well and at first what I did to fix that is after use I unscrew the top and pump out what's left it the straw. That way, next time it would be ready. Now though, I don't bother. When I use it I usually do more that a few pumps so if the little bit left in the straw separates no biggie. After a good shake and a couple ('bout 4) pumps, it's all mixed up.
P.S. For some reason, I think I like the old formulation better. Might just be in my head.. I have a bottle of both though and I still see plenty of the old bottles/packagaing around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Mop000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I have had some bad experiences with believing MUA, I found this product through MUA and I really love it. It is a brilliant product - really suits my extremely fussy sensitive (mild rosacea) dehydrated (like a desert) skin. Does not irritate and gives a nice glow. As a reviewer below said: "I'm not as stressed out about how my skin looks (which makes it look even worse and starts a vicious cycle)".
It is so annoying that it is not available in the UK and I have to order it through eBay from the USA - I hope they bring Lumeme to the UK soon! Especially since I get through it pretty quickly.
EDIT: Upped to 5 lippies - this product goes from strength to strength for me. It is one of the few things I have tried in the last few years that actually helps. It's so good - a mix of moisturising oils and natural moisturising factors - without any silly ingredients just there to sound good, or irritating essential oils. It makes my skin look much more supple. Please bring this Lumene to the UK!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by AminoSC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this product. For that celebrity, dewey look that everyone's into, this is the product. It has decreased the fine lines around my eyes, lips and forehead. I've been using it now for 2 months and I was shocked to see the first results with the fine lines vanishing within the first week.

Now for the bad part and let me tell ya...I love this product so much I had to find a solution. The two liquids do not stay mixed long enough to get the mixture up into the pump. If you pull the pump out you will see that the two are separated inside the straw no matter how hard you shake it. So I now take my bottle, shake it vigorously and then unscrew the cap and use the straw to wipe a little on each cheek and my forehead. This works perfect as a little of this product goes a LONG way.

I'm sure there are tons of other ways you could do this but my way is really the easiest and quickest way to make sure you are getting the product as it was intended, mixed.

Hope this helps y'all. I love this stuff, It works and is MUCH cheaper than the department store crap (that never worked) I used to buy.

AminoSC