September 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Conditioner - Wen by Chaz Dean - Lavender Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I borrowed this about a year ago from my friend and used it for a few weeks. I wanted to like it but nope I hated it! The scent was nasty,my friend loves it but I just can't stand it. Result wise...well it did great at cleansing my hair but made my ends really dry and zero volume.

The other CC's from Wen are great but this one was a huge let down.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by booya123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT! PLEASE DO NOT USE. My hair was falling out in clumps in the shower. I thought nothing of it until my hair became brittle. I finally decided to look into shampoos because the WEN was not working anymore. I came across HUNDREDS of other users who experienced hair loss. There are shady ingredients in this stuff, and it is a dangerous product!!!!!!!

THANKFULLY, it has been a little over a month since i stopped use, and i am not losing hair in the shower. Also, I have baby hairs growing everywhere on my scalp, so the good news is that hair should grow back!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like everyone else has seen the infomercials for Wen and wondered how it would do for them. This is the second bottle of Wen I have used and the third scent I have tried. I love this scent and formula the best. Upon smelling, the scent smells really strong, but upon use it makes my scalp tingly and feels amazing. I have used this several different ways. The best way for me is to start at my scalp, work down to my ends and then rinse. Then I use it again, starting at my ends and ending at my scalp. Then I leave it in a few minutes before rinsing. I have found this makes my hair so soft. After showering I can apply the replenishing mist and let my hair naturally curl, use an oil on the ends and let it air dry, or I can apply the styling cream and volumizing spray and straighten it. No matter what I do my hair feels nice. I have never had such soft, silky hair. The biggest bonuses I have noticed since using Wen is my hair color is lasting longer (5 weeks) and my hair is growing so much better. I am using Wen, 2 Hair Skin Nail vitamins daily, and a growth serum on my scalp every other wash. All of those things together have given me the healthiest hair. I love the packaging on this. It seems to have a non stick coating. I can put on the original cap and turn this upside down and it just all comes out. There is no waste with the bottle's packaging. This is definitely worth the money and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by MsZabz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like using this but I'm not in complete and utter awe of it. I do like that my hair feels softer and shinier these days and when paired with amazing hair tools, my hair feels very healthy and split-ends-free.

I won't lie, my hair does feel a lot nicer and healthier than it ever did before and it takes me less time to dry my hair with a hair dryer and style with a flat iron. Sometimes I can get away without styling as Wen keeps my hair so healthy that my hair looks almost the same naturally as it does when flat ironed.

The only thing that I don't like about it is the amount of time it takes to properly wash my hair. It would seem that by eliminating the conditioning step, it would save more time but I don't really think so. In fact, I would say that it takes just as much, if not more time. I have really oily and flat hair so I have to really lather my roots and get right in there with the stuff in order for it to be effective. Before, I could just massage shampoo into my roots for 30 seconds and then rinse it off quickly. Not only does it take a few pumps to distribute the product evenly throughout the roots, I also have to make sure that I massage it in and keep it on for at least 1-3 minutes. Then I can add water to lather it up and then rinse. All in all, I think it probably takes me about 5-10 minutes to properly wash the oil off but when I see the results, I realize that it's worth the extra time in the shower.

Just a little tip: For the most amazing hair, use a really great hair dryer, great flat iron and safe hair care products and see your split ends become non-existent. I use the best tools along with Wen and I can go months without trimming my hair and still not even find more than 3 split ends. A combination of all of these gives my hair a ridiculous glossy sheen to it and that's without even using any type of styling product.

PROS:
- Eliminates harshful chemicals and detergents in your hair
- Hair is so shiny (seriously, no joke), soft, healthy and free of split ends
- Drying time cut in half
- Not as much time needed with hair dryers and flat irons as natural hair looks almost like it has had a quick pass with either
- Don't need a bunch of bottles in the shower - one is enough
- No build-up so a change in product is not necessary
- BONUS: Versatile - can be used not only as shampoo and conditioner, but a leave-in conditioner and skin moisturizer. So if you forget to rinse off some of the product, don't sweat it. Your hair won't feel greasy and those spots behind your ears and neck will feel soft. I've seen people use the cream on their skin as moisturizer.

CONS:
- Very expensive
- Need a lot of product in order to be effective (I use 6 pumps - thick hair can use up to 25 pumps) thus going through a bottle every 2 weeks and spending another $60
- Extra time required to massage it into the roots and keep product in for a few minutes
- Available only online or through a specialty store (can't run to the drug store and get one)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Debe727

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Greasy, flat, Gosh awful line. It's hype. I have used almost every brand in 57 years and I could not get this stuff out of my fine hair. I have colored, cut, permed everyone's hair and do have experience. I color my own. I tried it for a week, and it was the worst. It will not wash out, and my hair looked awful after styling.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I simply cannot fathom why anyone would get sucked into buying this stuff when it's just very expensive co-washing. Just buy a natural conditioner e.g. Avalon and use that to wash and condition your hair. My friend bought me this and I was so annoyed she had spent good money on it but I gave it to another friend who co-washes to see what all the fuss was about. It smells nice but according to her there is no discernible difference in her hair texture, volume or condition from using conditioner to wash her hair. Save your money, find some good co-washing websites, finish off your Wen bottle and make the switch!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Shakeyhound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have extremely thick, frizzy, curly hair that gets continually abused with hair dye and flat irons. Before wen my styling my hair was literally a fight every morning. It was tangly, brittle, poofy, just all around bad.
After using wen, I can honestly say I don't need other products in my hair to tame it anymore. It is soft, smooth, shiny, and oh so manageable. I use it about every 2 or 3 days, leave a pump in it while dying, and most days I don't even have to rebrush it later on. It's also reduced the amount of days I need to iron it.
Now, my only complaint is the price. Luckily, I've never had to pay full price (my bf has worked for chaz) but it is really expensive for the amount you get. I would pay full price if I have to but only because it has helped my hair so much, but honestly I don't think the price is reasonable

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by mandylyn74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the BEST! You're supposed to use 18-30 pumps on your hair, which I don't, but then you're supposed to ADD some water to it. Then leave it in for 5 minutes and afterwards use the leave-in conditioner. I love it. Ofcourse it leaves my hair greasy after a day sometimes less but it feels amazing and shows the beautiful golden color to my hair. Only down side I can think of is it stinks while putting it in. I've tried the Lavender, Sweet Almond Mint, and Pomegranate. All good but they all stink.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was thinking of trying this until I went onto PISSED CONSUMER.COM. Please read everything these consumers are saying about the product before you buy. This is my WARNING to all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by xClairex547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this CC it makes my hair soft and it does not leave my hair feeling greasy. I have fine hair and this does not weight it down it gives my hair volume. The only con is that it is expensive.