Wen by Chaz Dean Lavender Cleansing Conditioner

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Lavender Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Lavender Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Witch Hazel, Ceteareth-20, Sweet Almond Oil, Menthol, Avocado Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my least favorite wen formula, it tended to weigh my hair down and I also experienced some hair loss with this scent. My hair was drab and lifeless with this scent. As a faithful wen user this is definitely a formula I will never reorder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My natural hair color is close to black, very very dark brown, and I have had platinum blonde hair for the past 4 years of my life (unfortunately, at 24, I had to undergo chemotherapy & lost all my hair, but before this I also had my hair platinum blonde for about 3 years and heavily highlighted with platinum blonde for about 2 years before that.)

Needless to say, I torture my hair. I swore to myself when I lost it that I would never color treat it again and leave it healthy and untouched, but oh man did I miss my platinum blonde.

One problem I was running into was obtaining the growth I wanted while bleaching my hair on a monthly basis. My hair kept breaking, and no matter how many times I tried to cut it and start fresh, tried high-end conditioners and masks to keep my ends from splitting, tried shampooing & ironing/curling less, to my dismay my hair just wouldn't get to the length I wanted it to. I had long hair my entire life, so getting stuck with short hair was a challenge but one I had achieved, yet I still dreamed of having my long locks once again.

Finally, my mom-in-law introduced me to Wen. She purchased the Lavender which I admit isn't my favorite scent, but with the results I received from using the Wen products I could care less if the product smelled like old socks. FINALLY, my hair was growing down to the lengths I thought I'd never see again.

Not only did it allow me to achieve these lengths, but it left my hair shinier, softer, and more healthy-looking than it had ever been before in the many years I tortured my tresses. I used all sorts of high-end products in my previous years but NONE made my hair finally go back to the hair I so desperately wanted again the way Wen has.

My only qualm is the hefty price: I've been bumming them off my mom-in-law but now I need to purchase my own and it's just not in my price range right now. I've tried going back to the other high-end products I used before but I fear my hair will go back to breaking and honestly, my heart will break along with it. I will continue to google-shop until I can find a price for this product that I can afford, and hopefully in the near future I'll finally be out from underneath cancer's financial strain and be able to purchase this product on my own!

My only other complaint is the packaging and the fact that the pump definitely needs to be longer. Towards the end I turn the bottle upside down into a mason jar and use the product I get from there, but I often forget to do this step and find myself trying to pound the thick formula out from the bottom of the container, loosing my precious Wen.

However, neither of these things will stop me from purchasing this product in the future - as it gave me what I thought I lost and was a small victory in a decade full of defeats. I am so thankful I found Wen & hope others have the experience I've had with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have exclusively been using Wen by Chaz Dean Lavender Cleansing Conditioner for just under six months. I like this product because I feel like it is a lot healthier for my hair than using traditional shampoos. I have long hair that I'm trying to grow even longer, so I do what I can to keep it as healthy as possible.
I wash my hair every other day and let it air dry. My hair gets oily/greasy at the roots pretty easily. The day of washing my hair looks good, but by the next day it looks kind of greasy at the roots with this product.
The first time I used Wen was kind of a disaster. I used the recommended number of pumps for long hair (24-32) and my hair looked quite greasy. I have discovered it works best for me to use 9 pumps total: 3 pumps on top on my head, put my head down and flip my hair over and use 3 pumps on the back of my head, then 3 pumps on the length of my hair. I do this the first thing when I get in the shower. I put my hair up with the Wen in it for the rest of the shower then rinse it well when I'm done showering. I put 1/2 a pump in as a leave in conditioner.
Overall using Wen seems more time consuming than using a regular shampoo and conditioner. Also, it doesn't make my hair look amazing. It doesn't help with frizz like it claims to in my opinion either. Two other cons are that you can't just go to the store when you need more, and it's pretty pricey. But I like it because it doesn't damage my hair.

For me, Wen is ok. It didn't do amazing things for my hair, but it's not bad. I made a video about it if you want to know more. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I borrowed this about a year ago from my friend and used it for a few weeks. I wanted to like it but nope I hated it! The scent was nasty,my friend loves it but I just can't stand it. Result wise...well it did great at cleansing my hair but made my ends really dry and zero volume.

The other CC's from Wen are great but this one was a huge let down.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT! PLEASE DO NOT USE. My hair was falling out in clumps in the shower. I thought nothing of it until my hair became brittle. I finally decided to look into shampoos because the WEN was not working anymore. I came across HUNDREDS of other users who experienced hair loss. There are shady ingredients in this stuff, and it is a dangerous product!!!!!!!

THANKFULLY, it has been a little over a month since i stopped use, and i am not losing hair in the shower. Also, I have baby hairs growing everywhere on my scalp, so the good news is that hair should grow back!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like everyone else has seen the infomercials for Wen and wondered how it would do for them. This is the second bottle of Wen I have used and the third scent I have tried. I love this scent and formula the best. Upon smelling, the scent smells really strong, but upon use it makes my scalp tingly and feels amazing. I have used this several different ways. The best way for me is to start at my scalp, work down to my ends and then rinse. Then I use it again, starting at my ends and ending at my scalp. Then I leave it in a few minutes before rinsing. I have found this makes my hair so soft. After showering I can apply the replenishing mist and let my hair naturally curl, use an oil on the ends and let it air dry, or I can apply the styling cream and volumizing spray and straighten it. No matter what I do my hair feels nice. I have never had such soft, silky hair. The biggest bonuses I have noticed since using Wen is my hair color is lasting longer (5 weeks) and my hair is growing so much better. I am using Wen, 2 Hair Skin Nail vitamins daily, and a growth serum on my scalp every other wash. All of those things together have given me the healthiest hair. I love the packaging on this. It seems to have a non stick coating. I can put on the original cap and turn this upside down and it just all comes out. There is no waste with the bottle's packaging. This is definitely worth the money and I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I like using this but I'm not in complete and utter awe of it. I do like that my hair feels softer and shinier these days and when paired with amazing hair tools, my hair feels very healthy and split-ends-free.

I won't lie, my hair does feel a lot nicer and healthier than it ever did before and it takes me less time to dry my hair with a hair dryer and style with a flat iron. Sometimes I can get away without styling as Wen keeps my hair so healthy that my hair looks almost the same naturally as it does when flat ironed.

The only thing that I don't like about it is the amount of time it takes to properly wash my hair. It would seem that by eliminating the conditioning step, it would save more time but I don't really think so. In fact, I would say that it takes just as much, if not more time. I have really oily and flat hair so I have to really lather my roots and get right in there with the stuff in order for it to be effective. Before, I could just massage shampoo into my roots for 30 seconds and then rinse it off quickly. Not only does it take a few pumps to distribute the product evenly throughout the roots, I also have to make sure that I massage it in and keep it on for at least 1-3 minutes. Then I can add water to lather it up and then rinse. All in all, I think it probably takes me about 5-10 minutes to properly wash the oil off but when I see the results, I realize that it's worth the extra time in the shower.

Just a little tip: For the most amazing hair, use a really great hair dryer, great flat iron and safe hair care products and see your split ends become non-existent. I use the best tools along with Wen and I can go months without trimming my hair and still not even find more than 3 split ends. A combination of all of these gives my hair a ridiculous glossy sheen to it and that's without even using any type of styling product.

PROS:
- Eliminates harshful chemicals and detergents in your hair
- Hair is so shiny (seriously, no joke), soft, healthy and free of split ends
- Drying time cut in half
- Not as much time needed with hair dryers and flat irons as natural hair looks almost like it has had a quick pass with either
- Don't need a bunch of bottles in the shower - one is enough
- No build-up so a change in product is not necessary
- BONUS: Versatile - can be used not only as shampoo and conditioner, but a leave-in conditioner and skin moisturizer. So if you forget to rinse off some of the product, don't sweat it. Your hair won't feel greasy and those spots behind your ears and neck will feel soft. I've seen people use the cream on their skin as moisturizer.

CONS:
- Very expensive
- Need a lot of product in order to be effective (I use 6 pumps - thick hair can use up to 25 pumps) thus going through a bottle every 2 weeks and spending another $60
- Extra time required to massage it into the roots and keep product in for a few minutes
- Available only online or through a specialty store (can't run to the drug store and get one)

Greasy, flat, Gosh awful line. It's hype. I have used almost every brand in 57 years and I could not get this stuff out of my fine hair. I have colored, cut, permed everyone's hair and do have experience. I color my own. I tried it for a week, and it was the worst. It will not wash out, and my hair looked awful after styling.

I simply cannot fathom why anyone would get sucked into buying this stuff when it's just very expensive co-washing. Just buy a natural conditioner e.g. Avalon and use that to wash and condition your hair. My friend bought me this and I was so annoyed she had spent good money on it but I gave it to another friend who co-washes to see what all the fuss was about. It smells nice but according to her there is no discernible difference in her hair texture, volume or condition from using conditioner to wash her hair. Save your money, find some good co-washing websites, finish off your Wen bottle and make the switch!

Video Reviews & Tutorials