Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Ointment

4.6

Not tested on animals

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetyl Esters (Plant Derived), Beeswax, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil

on 1/2/2014 12:14:00 AM

When all else fails, give this a try. I burned my skin with Green Cream and sun exposure. I was a scaly mess. Tried everything and only when all hope was lost, did I remember this in the back of the drawer. Rubbed it on in morning, noticeable improvement by evening.

My jar is a little old and the smell is a little antiseptic, but everything this company produces is quality and my skin behaves well when I use their products, including this. Highly recommend.

on 7/7/2013 11:15:00 PM

It's great for healing cuts. It works on my sensitive combo skin for getting rid of acne quickly. If I feel a pimple starting I rub some of this on the spot before bed and the bump in down by the next morning. It's oily, like an ointment, but doesn't clog my pores or break me out.

on 9/12/2009 1:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you are unfortunate enough to get toenail/foot fungus like I was this seems to be effective for keeping it at bay. I don't want to take medication which is only 50% effective and can cause liver damage. I'm waiting to try laser treatment and in the meantime will use this ointment. It is soothing and moisturizing and in a few days of use the fungus is going away. We'll see what happens in the long run, but I figured at the very least it's an effective and soothing foot moisturizer. I'm only giving it a '4' because I need to wear a sock over my foot for a few minutes because it's greasy, until it soaks in.

on 3/24/2009 6:20:00 AM

I can't believe I'm just now writing a review for this, it's an absolute staple for me! I don't use it on my face since I haven't had a need to but I use it on my body if I get a bug bite, a random zit, or a weird rash. It clears everything up within two or three days. I like that it's an ointment, so you can only apply it where you need it and not worry about spilling it or wasting any. I've had my jar for a long time but when I run out I'll definitely buy it again.

on 1/2/2008 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Product Description: Apply topically to minor skin irritations and dry, chapped skin on face and body. Use to give cooling relief after waxing or to moisturize cuticles on hands and feet. Suitable for children. ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Tea Tree Oil (melaleuca alternifolia), Jojoba Oil, Calendula Extract, Lavender Oil, Cetyl Esters, Beeswax A little history: over the past few weeks my skin has really freaked out. I have an idea what happened, but basically I went from minor irritation, to contact dermatitis, to cystic acne. not fun; I don't recommend it. anyway, I have stripped down my routine to the basics. I bought this about a year ago, and it promptly disappeared. I found it about 4 days ago under the couch (?), and was so thankful to find it! I had stripped my routine to DE thoroughly clean face wash, DE daily essential moisturizer, and DE 100% TTO to spot treat. given that I have naturally dry skin and was applying 100% TTO 2x a day over a large part of my face, my skin turned into a flakey mess. As soon as I found this I started putting it on under my moisturizer, and not only is my skin soft and well hydrated again, and the blemishes are also clearing quicker (though I am still applying TTO to the more stubborn ones). It took about 3 applications to start seeing a very noticeable difference, which isn't bad considering the state my skin was in. I think I paid about $5 for a 2oz jar. according to DE it's suitable for a lot of different skin problems, so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it. It is an ointment, so it is greasy, but I find that if I apply this and then wait 10min and apply moisturizer over it that gets rid of the grease factor, and I can wear m/u over it w/o a problem. continued >>

Popular Body Skincare Products