August 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Perfect Blemish Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by rumbach3311991

I'm half japanese, half caucasian, so the issue with the tone being too pinky actually makes this ideal for my skin tone. It is a little pale for my summer tanned skin, but I think come winter, it'll be the perfect shade. The smell is a bit tea tree oil smelling for me, but other than that, no complaints! I haven't noticed a particular improvement in my skin, but it's still been early. I do like what this does in terms of the coverage (sheer, but perfecting).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by missbeckla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I signed up specifically to write a review for this product, my first review on any product ever and I'm a regular web trawler for reviews on products if none of my friends have used it before...

I have never used any BB creams previous to this, and I have very oily skin, and a lot of acne scarring. I usually have at least 2-3 blemishes on my skin at any time and I have very oily skin which I blot at least once a day. I typically use a variety of skin care products usually in the combination range because if I use ones for acne/oily skin it dries my skin out too much and I produce more oil (personally find combination ones better for hydration and keeping the oil at bay).

AND I NEVER WEAR MAKE-UP! I hate looking like one of "those girls" that has caked a layer on each morning, have tried tinted moisturisers before but find they are too light and dont really do anything.

So, this product... Yes, it goes on a bit strange in colour, but it does oxidise and colour match after about 20 mins. I've found that it goes on better after using either clinique pore minimising or murad t-zone pore refining gel. Just kinda put about less than a pea size of product on the back of your hand, dot it onto your face (cheeks, forehead, chin, nose) then rub it in, then just press extra product over any areas that need a bit more coverage (just keep pressing over the top to build).

It doesn't make everything disappear, but it does give the illusion that your skin isn't as uneven in tone and unless you look really close under fluorescent lights, you honestly can't tell that you are wearing cover up. That's what I like about this product. You can still see freckles coming through and any darker pigments or scarring you might have.

I haven't noticed any miracles in improvements in my pimples, but I do like to think that it might be better for my skin than just ordinary foundation or tinted moisturiser, and I have received compliments about how nice I look (when the only difference is having this product on). It can look a tiny bit powdery around any smaller pimples you might have say around the chin or any where you might have a bit of dried skin from putting a clearing gel on any pimples you might be trying to get rid of but this is when being really ultra critical and looking up close under fluoro lights.

It doesn’t make my skin any less oily either, I still have to blot at midday and I’m still using 1 – 2 blotting sheets. No difference in oil control. So if you were hoping to buy this product to help that, then maybe rethink. I don’t mind though because I blot every day anyway.

Other than that, I actually quite like this product, and I'm really picky about what I have on my skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by akane

This BB cream is expensive but a great product. Worth every penny! Super great coverage and lasted whole day on my sensitive oily skin. Does not cause any breakouts on my skin and it matches my skin well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by chanimale

I've tried many BB creams, and this one is by far, the best BB cream, It has great coverage, you only need a little bit to cover your whole face. It lasts all day, it's not oily and doesn't cause any breakout. If anything, it improves and brightens my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by lisa1229

first of all, there is a BIG difference b/t the brtc bb creams. i used to use the gold cavier but didn't like it very much. it was too oily for my skin and the colour was a bit too yellow for my skin tone. by the end of the day, it would make my skin look really oily especially the t-zone. i switched to brtc jasmine water bb cream after reading FANTASTIC reviews on them. (on asian blogs). it's my favourite bb cream right now (and i've used ALOT) it's got more coverage than i expected, didn't even need to use concealer anymore. it stayed put for decent amount of hours AND it's a perfect match for my skin tone (i am very fair) i LOVE this product and would defs buy it again. it can be a bit pricey depending on where you buy it. most places sell it for 40-50? but i got it during promotion for 30.

however, wouldn't recommend this to people with darker skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by claudia_sung

First of all,I have to say I use the gold caviar BRTC BB cream.This BB has a pink and beige undertone.So it does not match my skin tone too well since my skin is quite yellow.
Pro:It gives a very good coverage so it is perfect using it as a concealer.It really covers my dark circle perfectly ( remember to put on eye creamprior application )
Con:It has a thick constancy so it is hard to blend.You can end up looking like you are wearing a mask.I tried different method to make it easier to blend with moisturizer and serum however,my face ended up being very oily a few hours late so I tried to blend it with a wet sponge and it is perfect.
The reason I bought this cream because I read other reviewers saying it helps minimize the pores size and I will give you an update in a month or two

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by bibiancheng

I love brtc, if u do research online, u will see it's recommended by lots of girls. I heard they are the first one who started the bb cream. anyways, back to the product, it's very blendable, and it really smooth my skin, but as someone said, the tone is awful, it's pinkish beige, such an unnatural color that I don't think I can wear this alone.

updates: I give it up, I don't know what chemical in it, and
seems like it's too strong for my skin, and i got my multi-functional Dr.Ci:labo aqua-collagen-gel, I don't need this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by hera54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is expensive, but for those with oily, acne prone skin might really love this stuff. This BB cream lasts all day long and I barely have to add any powder even in the hottest day in the summer.

Coverage is great and superior oil control !!--- Better than any other foundation that I have tried.

My skin color is N30. I don't have any problems with the color on this BB cream, it's slightly paler/pinkier than my skin tone...but I can get away with it. Although with camera flash, it can be pretty obvious and I recommend blending with some of your own foundation to reduce the ghostly white look.

Don't forget to blend well when using BB cream or you'll look like you're wearing a mask of foundation.

Price wise is expensive (about $35 from Ebay), but a little goes a loong way. One tube for me using it everyday lasts for about 3-4 months. Go BB creams!

EDITED: I have since given up my bb creams due to cost factor & color factor. I cringe everytime I look at my photos because bb creams look so obviously different from my original skin color. From the usual $$ I spent on bb cream I can get a high end reputable foundation. If oil control is your major issue like me, I highly recommend makeup forever's mat velvet plus. Great coverage, a little goes a long way, awesome oil control and matching skin tone!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by momo19

This stuff IS really amazing. I've been using it sporadically over the last two months but it wasn't till i ran out of fdt (nearest makeup counter is 5 hrs drive) and badly needed help with my skin (thanks LM tinted moisturizer! I really did miss having inflamed ance all over my face - sarcasm never is pretty) that i started using this daily. It's really helped in calming down my face, cleared up 98% of my breakout and given me a glowly even toned complexion. This also gives a beautiful medium coverage that lets your skin but not blemishes show through and leaves a nice glowy/dewy finish. The only negative is that it's a pink base and contrary to what it (and everyone says) it doesn't blend into my skin tone (i'm VERY yellow though...) but it's ok because i'm quite pale.
If this came in a yellow tone it would be the PERFECT foundation. I've been having problems with flakies and this doesn't highlight them at all. I highly recommend this to all and wish i had used it daily from the start!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by joonjooni

Background: BB creams (also known as blemish balms) started off as after-treatment balms for patients who underwent laser surgery. Because they helped regenerate damaged skin and provided protection, BB creams became a natural alternative to pore-clogging liquid foundations, and South Korean cosmetics companies became the first to make BB creams available to a wider market.

About BRTC: Among the reputable South Korean brands to manufacture BB creams (such as Dr. Jart, Gowoonsesang, Etude House, Missha, The Face Shop, Skinfood, Hanskin, Skin 79, etc.), BRTC BB creams became favorites for their healing properties, finish, oil control, and coverage. So far, BRTC produces five types of BB creams: Perfect Blemish Balm, Perfect Recover Balm, Whitening & Wrinkle Repair, Perfect Protect Balm, and Perfect Soothing Balm.

EDIT: I've been told Perfect Blemish Balm has been discontinued due to copyrighting purposes. BRTC has released a couple new BB creams - all equipped with the now-standard whitening, anti-wrinkle, and SPF - most likely to stay competitive with the plethora of creams on the market. I'm not certain, but I'd guess there are about 4-5 new BRTC BB creams out?

My Review: After fawning over Korean actresses' perfect porcelain skin, I finally gave in and bought the BRTC Perfect Blemish Balm after a friend recommended it to me. The consistency of the Perfect Blemish Balm is quite thick - thicker and creamier than most liquid foundations or tinted moisturizers I've tried; however, it's still blendable and easily spreadable.

The coverage is absolutely amazing. Before using BB creams, I used Bare Minerals in Fairly Light, which was extremely matte and a bit cakey, almost CREATING fine lines that I didn't have. (Thinking back, my problems with BE might have been in the application, but I'm off point.) Comparing the two, the Perfect Blemish Balm has really great coverage and a dewy (but not at all oily) finish. Because it's marketed (almost exclusively) to Asian people, it has yellow undertones, though it's pinker than other Korean foundations I've tried. I naturally have pink undertones, so this BB cream wasn't a perfect match for my skin, but after a half hour or so it adjusts slightly to better match my skin tone. Though my skin isn't perfect, this foundation makes my skin look simply flawless - it makes the pores around my nose look smaller, covers up small imperfections, and adds a really beautiful glow to my face. I often get compliments on my skin since I started wearing this BB cream. (My favorite was "Your skin looks like porcelain!") The staying power is quite good, too - I've worn it for 12+ hours without oxidation - it still looked fresh without much difference from moment of application.

For me, the real selling point about BB creams is the healing properties. Since I've started using the BRTC Perfect Blemish Balm (about two months ago), my skin has generally improved: I don't get breakouts anymore, skin tone has evened out, and the pores around my nose have gotten smaller. I've been told that the Perfect Blemish Balm's oil control isn't as good as that of the Perfect Recover Balm, but I didn't really see a difference because my skin isn't all that oily in the first place. Actually, the Perfect Recover Balm dries my face out, but I heard it's better for people with acne or oily skin.

Because I naturally have really pale skin, the shade of the BB cream isn't much of a factor for me, but for my darker-complexioned friends, this BB cream looked really pale (and a bit unnatural) on them. They told me, however, that after an hour or so, it blended more into their skin tone (though not completely). Unfortunately, most BB creams only come in one or two shades - both pale - because BB creams are marketed almost exclusively to East Asian people. If it helps, for reference I wore Fairly Light (1.2) in Bare Minerals, and most BB creams are about as pale as my skin.

Remember that this BB cream IS a cosmetic product - wearing no makeup at all would probably be best, but this is better for skin that other foundations. You have to wash it off! I get really sick of people complaining that BB cream gave them breakouts when they didn't wash it off completely! Unless makeup is washed off completely, it can cause breakouts and wrinkles. I suggest using a cleansing oil, since it's really the only thing that can get the residue off completely. Also remember to wear a primer or sunscreen underneath!

45 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No