Helen of Troy Professional Hot Tools 1875 watt Hair Dryer

4.5

on 6/17/2015 10:57:00 AM

I've had this dryer for three years and today it quit. It's been circling the drain for the last couple of months by overheating and smelling like it's burning and not blowing as hard. I tried cleaning the vent and using it on low heat to no avail. The motor nearly caught fire and was smoking. I have thick long hair so it takes me a good 15 minutes to dry my hair, so I need something that's going to last. Sad to say I won't be buying this again.

Also, the placement of the switches was really terrible. I would accidentally turn it off all the time while using it.

on 8/15/2008 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This review is for the Hot Tools/Helen of Troy Leopard Dryer, Model 1067LP. I purchased this dryer 5 years ago. It still works like new and does a great job drying my hair fast and helping me achieve a straight hair style. The attachments that came with the dryer weren't to my liking so I purchased some sturdier ones with universal fit. The control settings are adequate and the weight isn't too much to maneuver. Besides being attractive, it's practical. This item was $39.99 (sale) well spent.

on 1/13/2008 11:15:00 AM

I just purchased the HOT TOOLS Tourmaline Ionic 1875 Watt Hair Dryer (Model:1044). It is my first high end dryer. I was sick of having them stop working after a few months or taking an hour to dry my hair. I purchased mine at Beauty First for $109 less my 20% Gold Card discount.
It really does cut drying time in half! That alone makes it worth the money. I also like the attachements it comes with (concentrator nozzle, finger diffuser, and straightening pik) My hair is wavy/curly/frizzy if left alone so the straightening pik attachment helped dry it faster and wayyy less frizzy.
I will have to use it awhile to say if the ionic benefits help the condition of my hair.

Great hair dryer!!! One of the best ones so far, IMO.I purchased it 2 1/2 years ago at a hair salon for about $100+. It was well worth the money. Worked extremely well and I also liked that it was quiet but powerful. Sadly, just recently, it stopped working but its staying power was great, considering how many times it was dropped, etc. It came with a 2 year warranty, so I think this product did hold true to its claim. Afterall, these things are bound to wear out evenetually. Apart from that it had all the features I was looking for: 3 diffrent heat settings, 2 different speeds, a long cord, and a cold shot button. Since I am a student on a budget, I could not afford another one of these, so I bought a hair dryer from gold n' Hot at half the price but with almost the exact same features. I will review that as well.

Popular Hair Styling Tools