August 31, 2014 | 932 users online

Toners - Boots - Face rosewater toner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by onoriki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up while on my travels in New York over a week ago now. I was actually trying to find thermal water such as the Avene thermal water but I could only find this. As I was travelling, all the aeroplane air as well as a nasty cold and hayfever were wreaking havoc on my skin causing me flakey dry spots randomly on my face. When I came across this, I thought I could use this to spritz like thermal water to restore moisture to my face, as I don't generally use a toner (Im a firm believer in cold water toning after washing my face). Anyway, i decided to start using as a proper toner after my cleansing day and night. The smell of rosewater is pleasant to me and Im pleased to say that for a toner this is really gentle, you don't get that weird alcohol stinging feel but you still feel the initial tightness, however, once Ive let my face dry and ready to be mosturised my skin feels supple and you get that nice cleansed feeling. Definitely, a repurchase as a toner thats well worth it. Im regretting not picking up a second bottle as they dont sell this in Australia.
Also, if I haven't made it clear, this review is for the spritz Rosewater toner in the new spray bottle, which I think is so convenient. All in all a really good product, great for sensitive and dry skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by SunshineTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very sad to learn many months ago this product was discontinued (and I presume replaced by the toning 'spritz'). For someone with extremely sensitive and unpredictable skin, this toner was so calming and soothing. And the price was just right. Amazon.com is selling it for $24.99, which is completely ridiculous. Supply and demand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by mdd123082

I enjoy this product! Bought it after a bit of a hormonal breakout on my forehead & chin on whim when I passed by the Boots section at Target, thinking it would at the very least be soothing when the products I used dried my out big time. My skin is very sensitive, hates almost any new product, and I'm terrified to put anything too harsh, too oily or too creamy/gunky/moisturizing on it for fear of breakouts, redness or blotchiness. The spray here is perfect for a gentle facial mist, and can I tell you the smell alone is worth it- so gentle & relaxing, it's instant aromatherapy! Anyway, it says it's a toner, but I prefer it as an after wash mist for my face since Rosewater is delicate and gives a slight dew. My skin loves it! Gave me a lovely glow after about 3 days' use. Buy this one! HG for sure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by betonyourself

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this from Target when it was the now-discontinued "Original Beauty Formula Skin Tonic" in the cute vintage bottle (apparently it's the same product). I admit that I literally bought it only for the packaging, on a whim (impulse buy). Little did I know that this is the best toner ever! Great at removing leftover gunk from my face after cleansing. In the summer I rarely use moisturizer after this toner because it's so moisturizing. The smell is amazing too. My face feels so fresh and soft after using it, and it doesn't make me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Every time i use a toner i ALWAYS regret it.
during my teens i thought toning was essential, but i always hated the tightness afterwards.
despite this being a natural-ish product, i found it so drying!! probably because alcohol is one of the main ingredients.
this may work for someone else, but for my skin (oily tzone, chin, spotty and sensitive) this did not work for me. in fact, no toner really works for me.
i find that garnier simply essentials cleansing lotion and a hot flannel cloth really gets the last traces of make up off. then i moistorise, and my skin is the clearest it ever has been. no spots.. not even during my time of the month!
toners are a waste of time in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Great value for a very natural toner that suits all skin types. Removes any traces of cleanser, leaving skin supple and never tight. I decant mine into a pump bottle and spritz it on the skin. Smells gorgeous too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by loverofgrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: This is my HG toner!!! Whenever I try new products and breakout this is my go-to toner!! The natural ingredients really is GREAT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN! It's 100% organic so it suits my dry and sensitive skin! Love it!
Very gentle toner that has a somewhat pleasant smell to it. Whenever I have breakouts or flare-ups I go to this toner to calm my skin down and cleanse my pores. The smell can be irritating at first, but becomes manageable.
The packaging can be better because if I spill a little bit half the bottle would be gone. But love Boots Botanics products in general and I wasn't disappointed with this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Brurs121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It doesn't seem like a bad toner but for my own personal experience I was not happy. I have combination / pretty fair skin and this toner has alcohol inside which gives my skin a very dry look. If anyone can please recommend me a good toner that is alcohol free.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Dowagr

This is a review for the 150ml boots botanic organic rosewater toner (non-spritz bottle).

I always stock up on this whenever I go Bangkok as Singapore do not have Boots pharmacy. Coupled with the 1 for 1 promotion with my members' card, each bottle cost me slightly under SGD$6, which is really affordable for such a good product. You really can't expect fancy packaging for SGD$6, the no-frill plastic screw top bottle is absolutely fine with me.

It smells really nice and soothing. Very gentle on the skin, not the astringent kind of toner.

If my skin feel abit too "raw" for makeup, I will pat some on and immediately, my skin will calm down. I also decant some into a spritz bottle and use it to set my makeup or whenever i feel too hot. I like that this is a mild enough toner to multi-task as a facial mist.

I've also tried other rosewater such as diluted rose water (1 part rose water/1 part mineral water, it was OK, doesn't feel as nice as this) as well as the much raved about Mario Badescu rose water facial mist (feels too heavy on the glycerin), I still feel this is the best one for me.

PRO:
- cheap and no frill packaging
- fresh clean rose scent
- soothing/calming on the skin
- not too astringent, light feel
- ability to multitask as a facial mist

CON:
in my humble opinion, NONE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wonder why this product doesn't get more popular. If the ingredient list is correct. It's 100% organic rose water with added calming fragrance. I find it great for calming, refreshing my skin and balance out the sebum secretion. It'd be better if it comes in a spray bottle, but it's not much of a trouble. This toner is not very cheap, but it's great value. I've used many drugstore toners from Neotrogena, L'oreal, Dove and they all feel like plain water filled with hundreds of preservatives and leave an oily, dirty residue on my face. I was looking for the alternative to ACV (this works wonders, but I certainly don't want to smell like stinky feet).