October 30, 2014 | 1679 users online

Lip Treatments - Archipelago Botanicals - Pomegranate Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

This lip butter is made up of excellent ingredients, has a great smell and taste, feels really good on the lips, and gives a pretty, subtle shine, but unfortunately, it just doesn't do its job. It has almost no staying power because of the thin consistency (which is surprising for a lip butter) and doesn't moisturize your lips well. I'm not one to throw money away, so I use this on my lips at night and it's still on in the morning when I wake up (because I'm obviously not talking or eating in my sleep). It seems to work well for that purpose, but this product is definitely not worth the hefty price tag, so I will not be repurchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by pwang

Other than the scent, which is great, this is totally worthless. It does not stay on and it is not moisturizing. Too bad...because the scent is really wonderful. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 7:15:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this because of the scent, which is lovely. However, it doesn't really do anything. I have to reapply constantly because it's so thin and sheer that it disappears within the hour. It doesn't even really moisturize. As aromatherapy, it's great. As a lip balm/butter, it's not great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by rugby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just another ineffective balm..not worth the price just sat there..not really hydrating..feels like a coating that sits there...would not buy again..sephora professional is 100x better

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 3:21:00 AM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Product: This product is a lip butter, and it comes in a red and white box that is quite pretty. Inside the box is a tub of lip butter. The lip butter itself is a light yellowish-white colour and is in solid form in the tub, but goes on colourless.

My experience: I got this as a gift, and I really love it very much. It's very good as a lip butter for my perpetually dry and chapped lips (thanks to years of drying acne treatments), and the ingredients list is pretty good too. I especially like the fact that it's moisturising, but it doesn't feel goopy or sticky. I layer it under my glosses and lip colours for drier days, and it works well too. It has a pomegranate scent and flavour which I like, but I can imagine that some people might not like it, as the smell and taste can be a bit overpowering at times...I can still taste the pomegranate flavour even after I put another lip gloss on top, so for those who don't like scented/flavoured products, I wouldn't recommend it. Also another drawback is that it is in a tub, and that could be an issue for some people. Also it is a solid in the tub, which is fine with me because it goes on smoothly onto my lips, but some people may prefer a softer lip treatment that is more of a liquid. However this doesn't bother me too much, I'm fine with it as long as it keeps my lips looking good. For these drawbacks, I'm taking one lippie off. Lastly, there is the price. It's US$12.50 for 0.53oz/15gm of product, and while the quality is good and you do get a pretty big tub for a lip butter, I'd feel bad if I had to buy it for myself, with my limited budget. But that being said, I really like it since it is really good as a lip moisturiser, and if it was cheaper I'd grab it, since it's become one of my favourite winter staples now, despite all its flaws.

Ingredients: Macadamia Nut Oil (Intergrifolia), Beeswax, Safflower (Helianthus Annuus) Oil, Candelilla Wax, Pomegranate (Punica Granatum) Extract, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Ozokerite Wax, Mint Oil, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Oil, Grape Seed Oil (Vitis Vinifera), Avocado Butter, Green Tea (Camelia Chinensis) Leaf Extract, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Flavor.