April 21, 2014 | 1028 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 182 Buffer Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've had this brush a little over five years. It looks/feels/works just as great as when I first bought it. I use it mainly to buff out & blend any harsh edges upon finishing my makeup. I haven't really ever used it to actually apply makeup because I mainly use liquid foundation. (Maybe bronzer here and there, but I have another brush for that). It is made of goat hair, so liquid makeup is out of the question. (Synthetic fibers are a better fit for liquid/creams.) I simply use this as a finish. I cleanse it regularly and noticed less and less shedding after the first year I had this with regular use and cleansing. I don't think it's a must have simply because it is quite expensive and there are plenty of kabuki brushes out there that are likely just as effective that cost less. I bought this for myself with the first paycheck from a new job I had at the time. Otherwise, I probably would have gone for something more practical. I love MAC in general and don't see how anyone could go wrong with any of their brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this brush. Unlike everyone else I haven't experienced shedding? Maybe they've fixed the issue. I got it last month and have washed it twice and haven't had any problems. It's super dense. Like if your firmilar with the sigma f80 it probably has 3times as many bristiles but these are natrual goat hairs not synthetic. No other brush can buff in powder foundation like this one can. It gives and absolutely flawless finish in one quick step with the mac studio fix powder. I've also used it with hello flawless powder and too faced amazing powder lancome dual finish and so many more and this brush makes them all flawless. I saw that some people were using these with creams and liquids. That's probably not a good idea. Since the hairs are natrual it would probably really gum up the brush and make it shed. This is a real luxury little brush to have because of the price. And honestly I don't think any brush should be 53 dollars I'm glad it was a gift. With that being said would I go out and but it again if I lossed it ? Hell no. Save your money and go get the Sigmax kabuki brush collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Pippi10

I have had this brush for over 3 years and still love it. I use it with mineral powder and would never use any other brush :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by cher03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i am not a fan of this brush... i think my skin gets irritated with this brush. it pricks in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because Temptalia said it was a must and am so glad I did. I've got so many face brushes it's embarrassing yet this is what I use most lately. It's amazing for blending everything at the end of application. I buff away excess blush, powder and bronzer/contour in seconds with this and have flawless makeup instantly. It's the softest brush I've ever used and I would definitely replace it if necessary. My only complaint is the handle which is super short obviously so I can't store it with my usual arsenal and have to keep it aside and prone to falling over but it's otherwise a definite must have for daily makeup perfection. It's HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by boyforever

expensive but worth the investment. i guess when ppl use it right then theyll love it. i use it to put powder foundation n to smooth any harsh line for shading n also for shading as well. perfect for natural looking skin

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by CurlsAloud

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolute garbage. This has to be the worst brush I've ever bought, and I hate it so much, it's putting me off MAC altogether! Its horrible and synthetic feeling, it sheds everytime I use it - I've had it for like 3 months, surely the shedding should stop now? I absolutely hate it. And it cost over £30. Feel so strongly about it I'm writing to MAC! Don't buy, save your money!

EDIT:

Wrote to MAC and they sent me a replacement. And guess what? It's not much better. For a leading global brand I expect more than this trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't realize it was 60$ when I went to buy it... but I bought it anyways since I'd never had a name-brand product before. I don't like it.... it really does shed like most people are saying and when I buff my powder into my skin it makes my face red and makes it look cakey. It's sitting in the bottom of my makeup brush container and i never use it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by AnnaNicholeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this brush about 3 days ago and I absolutely love it!!! I previously owned the Too Faced retractable kabuki brush which was a great brush for buffering powder as well and less expensive However, I feel this brush offers a more flawless, natural finish when it comes to applying my mineral foundation and would now forever be a staple in my make-up routine. If my Too Faced kabuki brush would have never fell apart I would have never put forth purchasing Mac's 182 although I once considered it before. Now I am so happy it did because this brush is amazing. If you can not afford this brush the Too Faced brush is definitely a good runner up! The only thing I disliked was the poor packaging and $56 bill!. My other kabuki came with a retractable cute cover to help protect the bristles and easier for travel and was only $30 something. For being this expensive it should've came in the fanciest package I ever seen!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't understand. I really want to like this brush, a lot of people seem to like it and it really does feel very soft to the skin. The color doesn't run when washing and it feels really nice when buffing powder onto your face and because its so incredibly dense, it offers good coverage just by buffing some powder onto your face.
However, it sheds like a motherfuc...
At first I thought it would stop after a couple washes. I've had the brush for almost 2 years now and its still shedding on my face every time I use it. I have no problem with my other MAC brushes, just this one.

Therefore I give it a 2 because it's very disappointing that a brush that could've been one of my favorites (the softness, the denseness) failed at doing so because of the ridiculous amount of bristles it was shedding..till this very day.
I consider MAC brushes to be pricy and this was not worth the money.