Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof

3.5

on 8/7/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with CG's Lash Blast Waterproof. I love using a fresh tube of this mascara on my sparse and short stick-straight lashes. It gives me great volume, holds my curl and it's definitely waterproof. There's some smudging under my eyes when it gets too hot or if I'm not careful. My main complaint is the size of the brush as I have hooded asian eyes. The best way to combat this is using a business card or mascara guard to prevent the brush from touching your lid. This mascara formula also has a con of drying out fast. Overall I do like this mascara a lot and I have gone through three tubes of these so I'll keep repurchasing. Pros: - decent price for a drugstore mascara - very black intense color - holds curl well - volumized lashes and adds a good amount of length - doesn't flake within the first month or two after opening Cons: - large brush with short bristles might not suit everyone's tastes - gets very dry and clumpy to apply within a month of 2 of opening - smudges and flakes after it dries up Another tip I offer for this mascara is to toss it out after three months after opening because it dries out that bad. You're already supposed to toss out mascara every few months due to the exposure of air! The tube will last you if you avoid pumping much air in the tube and if you seal the tube properly after use. Also clean

on 4/30/2015 1:15:00 AM

This drugstore mascara is really great if you have stubborn straight lashes. I apply mascara only 2/3 of the length of my lashes to darken the base, avoiding the tips make them look more fluttery and less spidery. I wipe the excess product from the end of the wand on a piece of napkin or else it'll get messy; also, this method reduces the mascara to become clumpy as opposed to when you wipe the excess mascara along the stopper. I haven't found a waterproof mascara that doesn't transfer to my lower lash line. This is better than the Falsies waterproof because that one actually flakes and smudges throughout the day. The only thing I don't like about this mascara is removing it! Really have to use a good eye makeup remover and be very gentle on your lashes.

on 4/16/2015 9:52:00 AM

I love the regular Lash Blast, but I wanted to try the waterproof version for upcoming warmer months, when I'm in water and high temperatures a lot of the time. While this does not provide the same amount of volume as the non-waterproof version, it still outperforms many waterproof formulas. With this, I can get equal parts length and thickness, nice deep black color, and definition thanks to the spikey rubber wand. I would re-purchase!

on 4/4/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is one mascara I Hate.
I disliked the large brush, the bristles, formula, everything about it.

on 4/4/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have at least 20 mascaras......This one beats all of them. Holds my curl all day, and it honestly looks like I'm wearing false lashes they look so long. Finally can end my quest for the perfect mascara!

on 3/30/2015 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This mascara is amazing!!! It gives me volume and length in no time! And it holds my curl. I have short straight lashes, if I use non-waterproof mascara, they'll go back to straight again even if i have curled before mascara. With this mascara, after I curled my lashes, they stay curled. I found the formula was a little too wet when I first opened it, but after a few weeks, it dried up a bit and at the right consistency now :D
But a month later, it developed a funky smell, which is kinda really fast to go badů I never pump my mascara eitherů
I've never tested the waterproof claim, but so far, no flake, no smudge, and held my curl. So happy. The brush is quite big though, so it often touch my eyelids when I apply it...

on 3/14/2015 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Not waterproof at all. More over, by the end of the day it leaves those dark smudges under eyes, that are really hard to remove.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

my first mascara ever and one of the stables in my makeup collection. At first I really hated it due to the huge wand but once you get the hang of it, it works wonders for volumizing your lashes

on 2/7/2015 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This mascara is so beautiful. I haven't tried many mascaras but this mascara is perfect in so many ways. I absolutely despise clumpy mascaras and love the natural look. My lashes are already thicker and longer than average but I want more oomph sometimes. I was considering the Clump Crusher but decided to go with this because I wanted volume. One coat satisfies me and it makes my lashes look sooooooo pretty. And it doesn't smudge or flake and holds my curl. It's relatively easy to take off too. Hallelujah! Definitely going to repurchase. I loveeeeee this!

on 1/12/2015 8:57:00 PM

I've tried so many mascaras over the years and this is the ONLY one I have found to hold my curl. My eyelashes are stick straight and this does wonders!