April 18, 2014 | 1861 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by kayleigh83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My go-to mascara! I have bought it again and again. Holds a curl perfectly, even with a rather wet formula - which is awesome since my lashes are straight and generally like to stay that way! I've given up on mascaras on the first swipe before if they straightened my lashes and this does not!

Builds nicely, I don't have any issues with clumping, the brush does a nice job of separation in my case. As I said wet formula which dries a little bit with use but not much - at first you want to be wiping the brush off a little more just in case.

Goes on easy-peasy and builds some good volume, nothing crazy. To me this is the perfect no-muss, no-fuss swipe it on and go mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Shorthairdontcareee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this stuff at first. For the first week or two I was almost convinced I'd found my HG. But like a snap the formula grew thick and gloopy, making clumping an everyday occurrence. So disappointing - the brush was great, and I liked the quirky color of the packaging, despite it being a bit clunky.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by hazel0745

The first tube of this stuff I hated. I'm not sure if it was the color (Black Brown) or just my application of the mascara itself. When I gave this a second chance I bought it in Very Black and Waterproof. Whoa! What a difference! What I enjoy most about this mascara is that I didn't need to pile it on to see a difference. The lasting power of this stuff is top notch. I would have this on for about 12-14 hours a day and it still looked fab on me. Waterproof really meant it wasn't going to budge. I've only been through one full tube, and will definetely repurchase, for about $8 a tube its on the affordable side of beauty products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this mascara for a long time and I am surprised at myself that I am finally writing a review about it now. For a very hyped mascara, this product lives up to it. My lashes were thickened and defined. My curl was held so this is a huge plus for this mascara. The only bad part about the mascara is how the applicator brush is: it is way too big but with practice I can now apply this mascara like a pro.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had used the non waterproof formula at first.

It was ok but this was much better.

I wanted to try the waterproof when they came out with it so my makeup would stay put, as well as because summer is here. Whatever is different in the waterproof formula is what makes this awesome. I don't ever curl my lashes as I really don't need to... they are thick but pale and long. This mascara actually seems to curl them for me and it stays ON! My eyes have never looked prettier, I think.

Give this waterproof formula a try, even if you have tried the regular and didn't really care for it. You'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love regular Lash Blast and Lash Blast Waterproof gets just as much love from me! I brought it on my vacation and wore it anytime I went swimming. It never flaked, ran, or smudged. I've used so called waterproof mascaras before and ALL of them gave me raccoon eyes once they got wet.

Not the Lash Blast. I will admit, it is a bit harder to work with than the regular Lash Blast. I did not find it clumpy, but it is has a thicker consistency than the regular one. Also, if you do get it on your cheek or lid, it is impossible to remove. No matter how quick you are, there is still staining. For me, getting it off was not difficult.

I use Philosophy Purity, and it came off with minimal rubbing. I had no need for any special mascara removers. It does feel a bit drying to my lashes, but IMO this mascara isn't for everyday use.

I do wish Cover Girl would make the tube smaller for this product. You really should only use this for occassions where you'd come into contact with water, tears, or sweating. With that said, it would get minimal use and need to be tossed after a few months for sanitary purposes, leaving a lot of waste. But, I'd still repurchase due to the amazing staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Good mascara

. I have the color black brown because just plain black makes my face look dark. I pair it with neutral eyeshadows and brown eyeliner. The brush is big, do there's a ton more bristles to grip and separate your lashes. The only thing that occurs sometimes, is the mascara makes my lashes look like 3 big lashes (almost like spider lashes). I find that not using an eyelash curler helps the mascara volumize and separate.
You get a good bang for your buck and the product lasts a long time

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So skimming through last year's Allure Best of Beauty, I ran across this little baby.

Hm... Cover Girl? Best dramatic mascara? Really?

I'd seen the cheery, bright little orange tube @ my local Walmart and Target, and one of my bffs had recommended it too. However, it wasn't until I saw it in Allure that I started taking it seriously and grabbed one, hehehehe.. :-P

Holy mother - I gotta start listening to my friend more often and get off my HE high horse!

I got the waterproof in Very Black and it has replaced (for now) my expensive mascara on my active, busy days, It does not clump at all, but unlike the popular CG Clump Crusher, it gives lotsa volume and thickness to both wimpy and regular lashes. I'm lucky to have longish ones, and it makes them super black and curled.

It's not as dramatic as the Benefit They're Real, but it's great for work days and date nights, when you want a little something without going all out - ya know what I mean. ;o)

And the price! Pair a $2 manuf coupon with a sale and this is WAY MORE than worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I definitely found my hg of mascaras. This mascara was great. no clumps - gave my lashes plenty of volume. I bought the waterproof lash blast and it lasted all day. no raccoon eyes, no flaking, just beautiful lashes. This is so much better than so many other mascaras that I have tried! I will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I love Cover girl mascaras and this one is no exception! I love how this works into the last line and doesn't clump up on me. Mascara is the only product I use by Cover Girl and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world! Hope they never change the quality!!! <3 I have naturally long eyelashes and this stuff really makes them stand up, spread out and say "hello world!"