December 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - Coffret D'or 3D Lighting Eyes - eyeshadow quad

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by jeanjeantata

this is the answer to glittery eye makeup! the glitters shine well and particles are fine and smooth. it provides 2 types of brush with 4 different types of applications and this is really thoughtful of kanebo. highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I like this product in general, the glitter is fine and shiny, but not overdoing its job. However, compared to Kate, I think Kate line has better color combinations, I got the bronze one, which is supposed to be the fave and rave in Japan last year, the brushes coming with it are kind hard to finger out how to use, they have 4 heads of different sizes. Then the color is really not that apparent, the glitter is more noticeable than the color, so what I get is a glossy look with very light showing color. So I prefer Kate br-1 better. However, this is definitely enough for daily wear to work, and may not be enough for party times. I would not purchase it again, because for price of 1 coffret d'or, I can get 3 kate palletes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by mango65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

3D lighting eyes was rated "Best Newcomer 2008" at cosme.net, it's highly raved in Japan. I have this in 04 Purple Tones and 05 Gold Tones. 3D lighting eyes is my favorite palette ever! The colors in each palette are matched perfectly, when used together they give a soft, shimmery 3D effect that subtly enhances the eyes. The powder is very soft and blendable, colours are not pigmented but very shimmery and pretty. Too bad it's been discontinued already! :( I'd wanted to get 03 Silver Tones. Packaging is super girly and very cute, I like how Coffret D'or palettes come with mirrors and feel more luxurious than T'estimo palettes <3 Pricing is reasonable, especially compared to is main competitor Maquillage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 6:27:00 AM More reviews by kadey

The package is cute just like all the japanese brands. I have 05, which is the brown. Colours are really nice, perfect amount of shimmer/glitter. The applicators comes with is also nice. A little pricey but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by janeyss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely adore this product! I have this in 03-Silver Tones, the colors are more of a contrast because of blue-brown-white combination, as compared to the other tones (like gold gradiation and purple gradiation) . I thought the shimmer will make me look over the top at first, but when applied all together It does give off a 3-D look. The texture is so smooth and fine and it's a joy to apply. It comes with 2 tips w/ 4 different applicators on ends and it's very helpful.

The packaging also has instructions on how to apply the colors, and the cross design of the case is cute and sophisticated at the same time (Japanese brands are good at that).

Too bad they discontinued this, since they released two new lines on their eyeshadow lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

This is the first version e/s of Coffret D'or. I got brown and pink palettes from Japan. I like the color very much. It's very easy to blend. The pigment is not toooo much which i love it. The application in the palette help a lot as well. LOVE it. If you buy this, you will not be disappointed for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I saw Coffret D'or last year I've been wanting it for so long until my friends got it for my birthday, including the shining eyeliner. Anyway, they purchased the 01 pink variation, and I wasn't really expecting this to be that pigmented, but then I was surprised that the colors go on pretty well instead of being sheer. I actually only needed to do 2 layers of color to get that look of the models on the Coffret D'or website. I have Asian eyes that have the double eyelid instead of the "hood" and this palette works well to make my eyes "pop". The colors also don't crumble everywhere in the compact which is a plus because the colors don't get all mixed up and all over the mirror.
The colors go on very smoothly, I didn't notice any caking or crumbling. The applicators that came with the palette help out alot since they hold just enough color. I didn't notice any creasing and I find that the colors last pretty long, compared to the T'estimo Grande Shine eyes which does crease after about 5 hours. I did use the Urban Decay e/s primer which also helps alot. I also found that the colors didn't smudge and they stay put pretty well.
What I like about this palette is you can make that dramatic or subtle makeup look, depending on how much you layer on, and I could go without using an eyeliner to create a dramatic look. The highlighter color I think goes on kind of sheer, but then you do notice the glitter when you apply it.
The packaging is really nice, simple yet elegant. The price isn't that bad depending on where you purchase it. I know my friends purchased it from adambeauty.com which sells for about $27CAD which isn't too expensive. At Pacific Mall in Toronto it sells for $60CAD.
I'm definately going to purchase some more colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 8:24:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please click continued to view pics
When I first read that Kanebo was going to discontinue the whole T'estimo range I was having a mild heart-attack =) Out of disappointment I swore to myself I'd not have a 2nd glance at their new line Coffret D'or...but being a sucker and not being able to pass up a new Japanese makeup brand I ordered 2 eyeshadow palettes, a few lipsticks and a blush =X .

I am not sure if I like the compacts Coffret D'or 3D Lighting Eyes come in... They're made of smooth silver with a cross consisting of pink crystals. Not ugly but not excitingly pretty either.
Each palette retails for 3675 Japanese Yen (about US$32) and contains 5.8g of product. There are 2 dual-ended applicators included in each compact. They're of quite good quality so they're usable when you're on the go and don't have your brushes with you.
The texture of the eye shadows is good. Quite silky and pigmented with fine shimmer. I find that there are a lot of crumbles "snowing" on my cheeks during application though which is something I don't encounter with most of my other Japanese brands. That's a bit annoying especially if the darkest really pigmented shade is spread all over my cheeks. I do my face make up after my eyes so I can clean it up but still it's annoying =P

There are 4 eyeshadow pans in the palette but the top light shade (which is more matte) is actually divided in 2 colors (but they pretty much look the same to me honestly). One of the whites is supposed to be for lining under the eye and the other one for highlighting the brow-bone. And the darkest powder shade is meant to be used as an eye liner. I think Kanebo could have chosen a bit more exciting color combinations but I picked out 2 palettes that seemed pretty to me

There are 5 palettes, I picked:
03: I thought this is a silver/gold palette...but it rather consists of a dark greyish blue, a light silver, a medium golden brown and 2 shades of white. I find the combination of colors a bit weird, the golden brown is somehow not matching wit the other colors. But for some reason the final result using all colors is pretty =)
04: This is the first palette that caught my attention. It contains a medium purple, a silvery white, a dusty pink and 2 whites, one of them having the lightest tint of pink.
I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15/MQ OC-00/Kate OC-A/Lunasol OC-01 with brown eyes.

continued >>