October 21, 2014 | 1290 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Jump Rope

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Jump Rope is a pale pink/mauve on me and I really have to pile it on to see it. Once I do though, it looks very natural on me. I wear it with a smoky eye and glossly lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by andcrystalwrists

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently dyed my dark brown hair to dark red and quickly discovered that the mostly cool toned purply and pink blushes I had been wearing did not look right with my new hair color. Jump Rope, however, looks fantastic on my pale neutral toned skin with my new red hair. I would describe it as a neutral pinkish/mauvish brown with a very little bit of pink shimmer, not too warm, and not too cool. Also, this is one of the Everyday Minerals blushes that did NOT turn orange on me - and I have that problem with a lot of their blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a pretty blush! A light to medium pink with a little mauve. I'm a PPP and it gives me just what I look for in a blush: a flush of natural color. Doesn't oxidize on me, lasts all day and is what I expect from an EDM blush. Another HG blush--I have enough to last a life time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by pasdebouree

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A decent blush texture-wise, but disappointingly, another of the same old-same old colors from EM. Described as a muted rose color on the EM site, Jump Rope is one more blah brown that darkened and appeared to turn progressively more orange as the day went on. Sadly, for some reason EM does not offer truly cool-toned blush colors anymore, not sure why this is. I loved their "Anytime", but it was discontinued a while ago. I ordered JR as a free sample; would not buy this color and would not recommend for those with paler, cool-toned complexions.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by januaryicecream

I have fair skin and this blush is just too dark. It's not the right color for my skin tone. However it is very pigmented and I believe it would look better on darker skin tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by PinUpBlush

i'm a golden light in Everyday Minerals foundation and this blush hardly showed up at all! it's funny, but i had been debating whether or not to get this because i had read so many reviews saying Jump Rope made one's cheeks look bruised or that it was too tricky, etc. then i finally decided to go for it only to discover the first EM blush i did not like (and i have almost 30!) i applied a ton and it barely showed, and what did show was a really boring pinkish-ness.... ehh really an unmemorable blush...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Interesting shade, but a little too warm and deep for cool-toned, fair skin like mine. Quite similar to Bouquet, but with shimmer and a browner base. It does also have a hint of purple/plum, so although I found it overall a little warm, I can understand why some found it too cool/ashy. Definitely one to try in a sample pack before buying -- for the right person it would be a good neutral/contour shade with a little more interest than a basic bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by tia347

This is a mauve/nude color. I cannot use it it is too purple on me. I like it as an e/s but not a blush. Now my g'ma she uses this as a blush and it looks AWESOME on her. She has a golden skin tone. So on me it looks hideous but on my g'ma it is her staple blush color. Still a great e/s though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by pandybarez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I should start out by saying I received this as a sample, so very small amount in small container. Okay, now that I have mentioned that bit..... I realize it's all about a persons coloring and clearly, this just isn't for my buff/medium beige skin... but when I applied it ever so lightly onto the apples of my cheeks, it gave off an appearance of as if someone bruised my cheeks up (not in a good way.) I frantically went to wash it off, and low-and-behold.... I had to completely re-do my make-up. I know, probably my bad... other than that, it sure was opaque...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

In the jar and on my wrist, Jump Rope appears to be a neutral to cool-toned, muted mauve colored blush with shimmer/sparkles. I was worried that the blush would give me disco ball cheeks because of the obvious sparkles, but on my cheeks (ligh skin with neutral to warm undertones) Jump Rope gives me a pretty, muted rosy-colored glow (I don't see any mauve at all on my cheeks, which is weird).

This is a great blush and is definitely something that you can wear to work without wondering if you look professional or not.

For reference, I use a mixture of Fairly Light Neutral (Buff) in both intensive and original glo.