April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Treatments - Betadine

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by AmyLala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use Betadine as a mask every night. It does not stain, I apply an amount the size of a pea and spread it all over my face, i apply a tiny bit of water on my fingertips so that the mix becomes spreadable so it can cover my face evenly. I let it dry while i am watching my nightly fix of t.v and then go to bed, i sleep with it on and by then it is mostly dry. It does stain pillow cases and clothing so I use a pillow case that I don't mind getting stained. IT WILL NOT STAIN YOUR SKIN!! whoever said this is a complete idiot... It will stain your wounds because the skin is dead and has no life/oils running through the skin to keep it from staining, but for living, fresh skin it will not stain. I have been doing this for a while now and it working pretty great, my skin is looking a lot more youthful and clean, less pimply and very clean and radiant. A lot less pimples have risen up and i only get the hormonal pimples that I just cannot control. But they are few and I am very happy with the results of Betaine masks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was recommended to use Betadine surgical scrub by my dermatologist for my acne. I was hesitant at first but what a turnaround this has made in my skin! My skin cleared up within a month of using this and while you might think it's harsh, it's the exact opposite. It does a perfect job of good cleansing + moisturizing. My oily skin is clean and well hydrated after washing with this and I no longer need to use a toner. Highly recommended for those struggling with acne!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by kimtrasher07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After waking up of one of my many surgeries, I always have this Clear Glowing Skin. I always thought that every time i underwent operation. I would woke beautifully. Then I ask my doctor why. And told me it was the betadine solution that they apply when scrubbing me. And now. I do this at home 2-3x a week. I apply it at night and wash it in the morning. Great stuff. Stays me out from the breakouts and gives me a clear glowing skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by morgiepoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS. use it once a week to rinse my face in the shower and I don't ever break out. I'm not acne prone, but I swear it's the best cleanser ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by dashing500

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please don't try this on your face or as a mask, betadine stains!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 1:28:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I friend of mine who suffers from breakouts suggested this to me, after learning about it from her doctor, for my moody skin. My face breaks out at the drop of a hat and besides hormonal acne I get breakouts from just touching my face with unwashed hands or if my dogs nuzzles my face etc. I mix a couple drops of this with some Cetaphil and apply it like a mask. I leave it on for three minutes and then wash it off. This is great for cleaning the germs off of my face and healing up acne breakouts. UPDATE 5/14/12 Forgot about this and started using it again. I don't mix it with Cetaphil anymore but Aubrey Organics Vegecol cleanser. Any basic cleanser works fine really and you need only 1-2 drops. In my experience this does not stain my face since I don't leave it on long if I'm using it as a mask. If I'm using it as part of washing my face it does not stain as it doesn't sit on my skin long enough to do so.