August 1, 2014 | 1993 users online

Treatments (Face) - Betadine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Betadine has been a complete lifesaver for my skin..literally. Ive struggled with hormone induced adult acne for many years and recently contracted a staph infection on my face that would not clear up with traditional antibiotics. My cousin in a 35 year veteran nurse and suggested Betadine to me which my doctor approved for me to use daily to get my staph eradicated and to prevent re-colonization. It combined with Hibiclens skin cleanser has given me my life and my face back. Im not even sure why I had not thought of using it before now.

Betadine is Bacteriostatic which means it clears up Bacteria, Fungus and viral skin infections and continues working up to 24 hours after applying to the skin. It really is one of the best cures and prevention for infections of any kind. Betadine is different than pure iodine. It has added polymers which help it penetrate the skin and it is broad spectrum which means even MRSA is not immune to it. You should not use Betadine if you know you have an allergy to shellfish/Iodine. but if you can it may clear up any infection you have including folliculitis, Cystic acne, staph, cuts, wounds etc. Ive never found anything better except maybe hibiclens for infection control. It even cleared up my best friends Perioral dermatitis in 3 days, she was suffering for months too. shes now also a believer.

In the US especially we suffer from what is called Iodophobia. Especially those with Acne. the problem is 90% of the population is actually iodine deficient. Just because something has sodium in it, does not mean it contains lifesaving and protecting iodine in it. Most packaged foods do not use iodized salt, they use cheaper plain salt. Iodine is not longer put in dairy or bread (Arnold and pepperidge farm still do use Iodized flour and are better commercial breads than other companies). We have an epidemic right now of thyroid and Autoimmune disorders and my opinion is that it is caused by lack of iodine in our diet. Iodized salt is just barely enough to prevent goiter but not enough for organs to run at tip top level. the problem is we are scared of iodine when we should be embracing it. for 144 years its been used as a first line of defense against infection in hospitals with Betadine being introduced in the early 1950's. its still used because it works.

If you have chronic infections, give it a try. Paint your face and let it dry and then wash off with a cleanser. No, you will not permanently look like you have jaudice. Trust me. If you paint your face, wash, protect your skin go to bed, it will look 1000 times better. It's also amazing as a cystic acne spot treatment. you can get pure betadine and add it to your shampoo and conditioner if you suffer from SD and hairloss, It helps stop hairfall, give it about 10 days you will see hairs start to grow back.

For me, this finally put an end to a 7 month stuggle with a reoccurring staph infection. It's safe to use in the nostrils to also stop staph colonization. I talked to may plastic surgeon about it, its perfectly safe and they use it internally during surgeries. In order to stop skin infections you not only need to treat the outside but inside. I started using Nascent iodine along with Oil of oregano, garlic and echinecea and Im finally free of staph. I use this now 3 days a wekk as prevention. Once you get staph, it likely will come back if you dont stay decolonized. some of us are just very susceptible to infections. the beautiful thing? Im not only clear of staph, I completely cleared my skin and not one single zit. NOT ONE. Im so elated. Now I can finally concentrate on my scarring and hyperpigmentation. I cannot use heavy exfoliants or chemicals anymore but I can use a light gentle scrub. After scrubbing, i use the betadine as a mask for about 10 minutes, letting it dry and then rinsing off. It does not dry me out and my complexion gets more even with each use. I think I will likely have Betadine around for as long as I can get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by AmyLala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use Betadine as a mask every night. It does not stain, I apply an amount the size of a pea and spread it all over my face, i apply a tiny bit of water on my fingertips so that the mix becomes spreadable so it can cover my face evenly. I let it dry while i am watching my nightly fix of t.v and then go to bed, i sleep with it on and by then it is mostly dry. It does stain pillow cases and clothing so I use a pillow case that I don't mind getting stained. IT WILL NOT STAIN YOUR SKIN!! whoever said this is a complete idiot... It will stain your wounds because the skin is dead and has no life/oils running through the skin to keep it from staining, but for living, fresh skin it will not stain. I have been doing this for a while now and it working pretty great, my skin is looking a lot more youthful and clean, less pimply and very clean and radiant. A lot less pimples have risen up and i only get the hormonal pimples that I just cannot control. But they are few and I am very happy with the results of Betaine masks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was recommended to use Betadine surgical scrub by my dermatologist for my acne. I was hesitant at first but what a turnaround this has made in my skin! My skin cleared up within a month of using this and while you might think it's harsh, it's the exact opposite. It does a perfect job of good cleansing + moisturizing. My oily skin is clean and well hydrated after washing with this and I no longer need to use a toner. Highly recommended for those struggling with acne!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by kimtrasher07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After waking up of one of my many surgeries, I always have this Clear Glowing Skin. I always thought that every time i underwent operation. I would woke beautifully. Then I ask my doctor why. And told me it was the betadine solution that they apply when scrubbing me. And now. I do this at home 2-3x a week. I apply it at night and wash it in the morning. Great stuff. Stays me out from the breakouts and gives me a clear glowing skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by morgiepoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS. use it once a week to rinse my face in the shower and I don't ever break out. I'm not acne prone, but I swear it's the best cleanser ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by dashing500

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please don't try this on your face or as a mask, betadine stains!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 1:28:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I friend of mine who suffers from breakouts suggested this to me, after learning about it from her doctor, for my moody skin. My face breaks out at the drop of a hat and besides hormonal acne I get breakouts from just touching my face with unwashed hands or if my dogs nuzzles my face etc. I mix a couple drops of this with some Cetaphil and apply it like a mask. I leave it on for three minutes and then wash it off. This is great for cleaning the germs off of my face and healing up acne breakouts. UPDATE 5/14/12 Forgot about this and started using it again. I don't mix it with Cetaphil anymore but Aubrey Organics Vegecol cleanser. Any basic cleanser works fine really and you need only 1-2 drops. In my experience this does not stain my face since I don't leave it on long if I'm using it as a mask. If I'm using it as part of washing my face it does not stain as it doesn't sit on my skin long enough to do so.