Bliss Labs SkinTwin

4.2

on 1/30/2006 12:14:00 PM

This product was the only thing I used for years. Unfortunately, they just discontinued most colors! If you wear naked or fair, you're in business, but the rest of us are out of luck! Why does this always happen to the best products?

on 3/4/2005 11:23:00 AM

I bought this via eBay and thankfully found that "Barely" was an exact match for my NC20 skintone. SkinTwin is halfway between a tinted moisturiser and light foundation. I find it a bit greasy to use on my combination skin during summer but in winter when my gets drier and less acne-prone, this is the perfect base. It's so sheer that I always need to use a concealer to cover minor imperfections though.

on 10/15/2004 12:43:00 PM

I'm between Fair and Barely and when I mixed the two (I call my own shade "Fairly"!) it matched very well. Unfortunately, it also *really* broke me out. Too bad, since the coverage was good and I liked that it had SPF. I had a similar problem with Laura Mercier, by the way, but the shade wasn't as good a match.

on 10/1/2004 12:36:00 PM

I was prepared to be disappointed with this - the Bliss effect (great marketing, mediocre product) gets me every time - but was pleasantly surprised. I'm a very PPP and find it hard to get a natural looking finish, but Bare-ly matched perfectly. I loved the easy, tinted moisturizer-like application and my skin felt soft and smooth all day. The packaging seems hygenic and unfussy; the SPF helpfully skips a step. Only downside would seem to be the cost - not cheap from Bliss London, but I bought mine from eBay and got a very good deal. Will certainly buy again.

on 7/25/2004 2:52:00 AM

This is really good, and I'm normally picky about my liquid foundations. I like the slim tube it comes in and the coverage is light-medium. I especially liked how it went to a matte finish and felt quite natural on my skin. Wish it lasted a little longer though, it had the staying power of tinted moisturizer.

on 5/6/2004 9:31:00 AM

I got this one in Fair. It's a good color for MAC NC-15's/Stila A's. The coverage is light and stays slighty matte all day even on my oily skin. However, after using this one for a while before reviewing, I think that it was giving me some breakouts in the oily areas around my nose and chin..cystic type breakouts. I suspect that it was the grapeseed oil. I've stopped using it and my skin cleared up. Other who are not very sensitive to oil as I am may have better luck.

on 4/10/2004 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this...I'm a cool to neutral PPP and use this in Barely. I love it because it is so easy to apply, blends quickly and flawlessly, and dries to a matte finish, without looking fake. However, the best part is the staying power and the way it keeps my oily t-zone to a minimum. I blot less and use less powder with this, and it looks great at the end of the day. The price is reasonable, as you pay the same price for this (1.7 oz) as you pay for 1 oz of most other dept. store foundations. Would definitely repurchase! Luckily I can get it close by...don't have to get it online.

on 3/22/2004 3:27:00 PM

I like the color Nudetral and the squeeze tude, but I am pretty sure this made me break out, and very soon.

on 10/6/2003 2:17:00 PM

I love that this comes in a tube, and it is the most convenient size! The shade Barely turned out to be a great match, it seemed to sink right in when I did a test-patch. I will update after I've tried it for a couple days - but so far, so good. Hopefully this will be a winner! ;-)UPDATE: I do like this. It has a very natural finish, but it can look a little cakey/flaky on the drier areas of my face. Perhaps I should have used an additional moisturizer rather than relying on the moisture in this product.

I think the packaging is great, price is reasonable. I didn't find it to be *that* light weight, it took some blending on my part (not as light or as pigmented as sk tm) - it reminded me of laura mercier moisturizing foundation. It looked good and matte at the beginning, covered all my flaws, but by the end of the day, I was shine city(and i have dry skin!) and then I broke out. for this I think it's good, but not the best. hth!