October 21, 2014 | 1903 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glytone - Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

To date, this is the most effective lotion I have used for controlling KP. Using it every day or every other, after showering, along with the rest of my arsenal of KP fighters, keeps my outer arms, which is my only affected areas, smooth. I also use Glycolix Elite 20% glycolic acid pads a few days a week and a scrub, the lamentably discontinued Philosphy Omega 3-6-9 scrub, once a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, I like this product. Ive used it three times and feel that it has exfoliated my skin well. Having it used t for such a short time I can't really say much yet. It doesn't sting when I used it like I had heard from other people. It is relatively easy to use despite it being a little too thick for my liking. It doesn't really have a distinctive scent that I notice which is a good thing. It takes a little while to absorb but I think it's worth it for the results it gives. Will update after using it for a while!!!

UPDATE!
have to change my rating on this. I would not buy it. Its not a bad product or anything, it just didnt give me the results that are worth the money i paid for. In other words, i can get the same results for cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

bought this a year ago then put away to try new things. the other day noticed my arms were getting a sagging look. found this in the back of cupboard and using everyday on crepey legs and arms. this is much better than M20 product which is very sticky. so, for me it is Clarins Body Lift or this depending on the day. am much better at massaging in so then it leaves no thickness feel - and the heat of rubbing makes it more liquid like on skin. EDIT: well, after short time use just have to stop. My skin is too thin and noticed veins being very exposed and broken capillaries where most people do not have them. Like everywhere actually.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use this 17% Glycolic acid on my feet and hands only. It is a very thick lotion and difficult to spread on the body. It keeps my feet smooth and soft. I use Alpha Hydrox 10% glycolic acid on my body instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i believe this product is very effective but i don't like the consistency of this cream. it's very thick and doesn't absorb very quickly. that being said, i do believe that the effectiveness of this lotion outweighs that fact that i have to rub it in a little longer than i would like too. i'm more prone to ingrown hairs than i am to clogged pores so the richness of this cream is something that i will deal with especially for the price. compared to other high aha body lotions this is relatively inexpensive for what you get in the bottle. also i really like the pump bottle and wish the body wash came in this packaging. overall this is something that i will you in rotation with other, more expensive body lotions. overall, i do recommend this lotion if you are look for alternatives and are used to high aha body lotions already.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by moonshell

Tried this even though I don't have KP because I just want to exfoliate my skin and after reading numerous reviews. I wasn't disappointed. I never felt my skin this soft before and I noticed it also evened out my skin tone. It's a bit thick and hard to apply and you may feel sticky for awhile but it's all totally worth it. Only downside is that I have to order on ebay since it's not available here. But I will buy again after my bottle will run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by stackedgoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one definitely works. I prefer this one over Glycolix lotion with the similar job as I get more in the bottle and I believe it costs me less or similar. Definitely smoothens skin, although with Accutane, I now have to use regular lotion over it to avoid irritating my now dry skin. I don't yet know if it will still be a job getting all of the product through the pump system. The Glycolix lotion does a terrible job with that because of the thicker texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for getting rid of dry skin and smoothing the skin. This helps me avoid ingrown hair on my legs. And if it feels to harsh sometime I mix it with a plain lotion. Really works. Lovelyskin.com has great prices and deals on Glytone products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I do not have KP I do use this body lotion 2x a week for all-over body exfoliation. It works better than all of the exfoliating scrubs that I have tried. The feeling that this lotion will give your skin after it has sloughed off your dead skin is incredible. Mark my words: use this lotion at night- the next morning shower as usual and the feeling of your skin will amaze you. When I did that, I stood in the shower wondering why my skin felt so smooth (I was sleepy), and kept rinsing and rinsing my skin because I thought that there was still soap on it. I wanted to run around butt naked just to let people feel my skin (Lol). And once you dry off, the feeling remains. I might start using this lotion only once a week due to the fact that its effects are pretty long-lasting. Highly recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second or third bottle and I hate to be in the minority here, but I had such high hopes that this product would rid me of my stupid KP and it just hasn't been able to do that. If I was very dilligent and applied in the AM and PM it might work, but I'm just not willing to do that. I took off a point because the texture is just waaay too thick. I feel like I am trying to smear my body with a waxy lip balm. I don't understand why they can't thin the formula a bit. I try to put it on every night, but some nights I just can't bring myself to do it, so I end up using it about 5 nights a week. It does make my skin super soft (especially my elbows), which is the only reason I will continue to use this. I'm probably going to try getting the body wash to see if that helps, but I personally don't see how a body wash could make that big of a difference since it's only actually on your skin for about 30 seconds.
UPDATE: While I can't stand to do a whole body application every day, I have been applying to my upper arms daily and I have noticed a big reduction in those stupid bumps.