January 26, 2015 | 2057 users online

Hair Treatments - Hask - Henna n' Placenta Conditioning Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Morgan21398

Hask always makes the best hair products. This conditioner made my hair feel soft and shiny, it even feels thicker. A lot of people complain about the smell, but it doesn't bother me, I kind of like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MariiiVegie

So, I just bought this but the BROWN PACKET one; I havent use it yet but its so cheap but looks promising to use. It's crazy that it was on clearance at Walgreens with these. I bought two and it was $1.18. Anyways, I have damaged dry, brittle, lifeless hair .-. && so I shall tell whats the results when I use it. Okies? c:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by laschnauzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

*I used the brown square pouch NOT the green one pictured*

PROS: My hair is dry and lately it looked like hay. Brown hay.
Anyways, I bought this on a whim and I was happy with the results: after 10 minutes with a plastic bag over my head, I washed it off and my hair was shiny and looked moisturized. When it dried, it looked healthy and hydrated. Bonus points for being smooth to touch.

CONS: The smell! I disliked it. Can't even define what it was like...it basically smelled like cheap cologne. Ugh. I washed my hair again later with my regular shampoo (B&B Straight) + five drops of peppermint essential oil. My hair smells good now and it still looks hydrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by tamerofthemane

I just want to say I used the brown package that is just henna and placenta.
I have 3 feet of very fine, straight hair and was hoping to use this product to give the damaged length of my hair a pick me up.
I followed the directions and used most of the packet, twisted my hair up and put a shower cap on, then heated with a blow dryer for a few minutes. Then I wrapped a towel on top of that and let it soar in for a couple of hours, rinsed, and now that my hair has air dried it is so soft! next time I use this I may try for longer or condition afterward for an even more luxurious feel. I must say for 1$ it was totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by lizpalmer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the brown pack (without the olive oil). I have baby fine fragile hair and it needs TLC. This stuff delivers. I make sure I keep it on for a minimum of 20 minutes. I think once I tried it as a 2 minute "rinse out in the shower" thing and it failed miserably. The smell doesn't bother me. I get two uses out of one pack for only a dollar at Walmart and I use it once a week. My hair is soft and smooth yet strong and not limp. Too many treatments make my hair overly soft and it won't hold a curl. This makes it feel much more substantial. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by glitterfacedranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product.It's very inexpensive,like $1.19 a pack at the drugstore. It comes in a big packet and there's enough for a few different treatments. Since I started using this,my hair feels really good.It feels so healthy and soft.It has a unique smell,kind of fruity/nutty.I will def keep using and would totally recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Olive Oil and Placenta really helped my hair out, so I decided to give this a try. It did nothing for my hair, even after multiple uses. I will stick to the olive oil and placenta from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by stupidxlamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this stuff for the first time today.. And I'm not all that impressed. It was pretty cheap, I think I got 2/$3. I washed and dried my hair and put this on and wrapped a towel around it and left it on for about an hour. Rinsed it out with luke warm water.. And the first thing I noticed was my hair was extremely messy and tangled. The roots were greasy and the ends were still a little dry. I think my hair is a little bit stronger.. Bit as far as sleekness and frizz goes - it didn't really work for me (I have long thick wavy hair). I will try the other packet I have in a few weeks just so I don't waste it..(this time taking a blow dryer to it). But I don't think I would buy it again unless I get better results next time!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by msimplicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried my packet of Hask Henna 'n' Placenta with Olive Oil yesterday. I feel the result was so-so. It did make my hair soft, lighter and a little shinier - but not by much. The scent isn't pleasant but tolerable. Perhaps the idea of placenta in people's mind that makes people think the smell is disgusting. I put on a shower cap with my hair in a bun underneath it and turned on the hair dryer, rotating around my whole head for 10 mins.
I got my packet for about $2. It's worth a try but I don't think I'll repurchase it. The results were stunningly amazing for me to repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the past month or so I have dyed my hair more times than I want to admit trying to be satisfied with something. So, naturally, my hair is kind of fried. I've been trying all sorts of deep conditioners, treatments, anything that I think will help. I was at Walgreens and happened to spot these on the bottom shelf and thought at $1.50, it can't hurt to try. I ended up getting 3 of them just because in case I liked it, I would have extra. Ok..so totally didn't notice until I got home that it said Henna'n'PLACENTA!!! I was like what?!?! So..a little creeped out, I hopped up here to check out the reviews. Being that for the most part they were pretty positive, I thought..why not?
So..I shampoo and towel tried like the directions said and opened the pack. First off..it's kind of disgusting! It was very..mucous-y feeling. Like a big glob of snot sort of. But..I wasn't going to waste it! So, I put it in and wrapped one of my flour sack towels around it and took my blow dryer to it since it said for best results to warm hair. I did that for about 5 minutes. Then I added a little Biolage Conditioning Balm to it, mainly on my ends. I got out of the shower, did a few things for about 15 minutes and then washed it out. I have to say it worked pretty well. A lot better than I was expecting it to. I did leave it on longer than it said and added something to it..but I liked it. Next time I'm going to put just that in and sit in my heating cap for about 20-30 minutes and see how that does.
I would like to see this in a big bottle instead of the little packets so that I could just keep it in my shower. The smell wasn't bad, it wasn't great either, but bearable. And I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to cover all of my hair with only one pack seeing as I have longer, thicker hair so that was good. You HAVE to follow the directions though for it work right. I don't think it would have done anything if I had not have heated it with my blow dryer. So..it can be time consuming but it's worth it for damaged hair.