August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Matte Loose Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Upon application this seems like a pretty decent primer/finishing powder, but quite overpriced for what it is. My first thought was that there are equally effective products for mattifying and refining the appearance of large pores for a fraction of the price.

This became irrelevant though after a few hours. While this powder looked great at first, it wears terribly. I had visible oiliness/shine within about 2 hours - which is strange for me as I don't usually have this problem for at least twice as long - plus, my pores looked even more prominent than they had before the powder. After another hour or so, I checked out my reflection in the mirror at work and - ORANGE! The oxidized to a super, fake-tan orange on me and I ended up removing what I could with a tissue and feeling lucky that I remembered to bring a backup powder in case something like this happened.

Jane Iredale Amazing Matte is not something I will buy again and I am very disappointed about that since, for the price, one might expect a miracle powder. I see that it does work for some, based on the majority of positive reviews here, so perhaps it's just a complexion/skin type thing. I am very pale, cool-toned, with combination oily-but-dehydrated skin so perhaps others will have better luck.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by stargazr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Product is pricey and wears horribly. I am a fan of mineral makeup but this is definately not worth the price. Made my skin look dull and did nothing to hide discoloration or hyperpigmentation. I had high hopes for this product but have used MUCH BETTER.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBegoun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Works really well at setting my foundation (BE) and the matteness of this seems to keep away the shine for a little longer than the BE mineral veil does, but otherwise not a lot of difference between the two. I like this more mainly cuz of the nicer packaging but the price is too high- $31 whereas my bare minerals mineral veil is $19, so I would only repurchase if I found this for a deep discount.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a finishing powder containing rice starch at leave a matte finish and absorb excess oil. It is very finely milled and does leave a nice, matte finish once applied. However, this does not last all day on me combination skin.This does contain mica so there are tiny bits of shimmer in it. I do like this better than Bare Minerals finishing powder which uses corn starch and I can see on my skin. However, after I finish my container of this I will go back to my Kathleen Minerals loose rice powder( available at MUAC),

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by karent08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. It realyl controls my oil and doesn't leave my face shiny. I will def.purchase again. I bought it from agelessapple.com along with my liquid foundation and pressed powder. Great Deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by hellomynameis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Amazing Base and a diluted solution of milk of magnolia as an mattifier underneath the Base, but I was still a bit oily during the day. So I purchased Amazing Matte, and I am sure glad I did. With Amazing Matte on top of the MoM and AB, my face seriously just GLOWS BEAUTIFULLY all day. I feel like a goddess, and I do not even have to touch up! Recommended for oily, acne-prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great finishing powder. I dip my brush in the foundation, and then in this, and end up with semi-sheer coverage that's matte, which is my favorite- controls shine but still lets the light through. Great price and will continue to repurchase!