December 19, 2014 | 1156 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by celestesong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Living in a coastal town in the South means that humidity can quickly become a major existential crisis for my hair -- there is no way to win, so why fight it? While Smooth Infusion Style Prep has not been a total cure, it has helped manage it. If you have fine hair, you might have to use most of the product on your ends -- I do think it can weigh down your roots if you put too much on them. But it is generally a really great styling product, very lightweight and it smells wonderful. For the price, it is not unreasonable.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by wilma1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother along with Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight, and it has done nothing for my hair. I have colored hair that has become coarse due to greying and was hoping for something that might tame it but this product simply has not worked. Save your money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Makes my hair smooth and soft with no stickiness or dryness. Doesn't weigh my hair down either. This is something I'd purchase again in the future. For reference I have hair that is thick, dry, wavy-texture, color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. So it's important that I take care of it with the right products. I always use some type of leave-in product on my damp hair before I blow-dry, and this one is a winner- recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this at an Aveda store and have to admit I liked it enough to get the full size bottle. I have curly, course hair that I occasionally straighten with a flat iron. I washed my hair with conditioner (co-wash), put this product on ONLY and let it air dry during the day. I didn't notice anything amazing but i wasn't expecting much as it's not a styling product. The next day I straightened my hair, no products other than the style prep from the day before AND it left my hair so soft and straight! I wore my hair like that for 4 more days! My hair remained straight the whole time. It was great in preparation for straightening in the absence of any other product and that is what I want, simplicity. So when I want to straighten my hair, this will be my only product. The only draw back is that it is expensive for 3.4 ounces, but as I don't straighten my hair often it will last.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener for over a year and really like it. I've only just started using Style Prep Smoother because the SA at the Aveda store where I went to get the new Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight said this was a really great and necessary product. Maybe I have to play around with this a bit more but for now, I'm not super-impressed. The SA said it was amazing for controlling frizz but I don't find it makes any difference. What I do notice is that this seems to make my hair feel "crispy" and sort of dry. I only used a small amount - perhaps I need to use more, especially since I really want this for frizz control in heat and humidity. But as much as I like the other products in the Smooth Infusion line, this one is disappointing. If things improve, I will come back to edit my review but as this stands, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by reveriex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I like this product better than the Kerastase thermique products (Ciment thermique and Chroma thermique). Best thing about that is that it is half the price of the Kerastase counterparts!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by rjmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No matter what I do, this does not make my hair "smooth"...overpriced and doesn't do anything for me. I much prefer an Argan Oil or CHI Smooth Infusion. They actually keep my frizzies and fly aways at bay. Wish I didn't waste my money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by LovelyLisXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the holy grail of hair products for me! It's a three in one product; not only does it make your hair frizz free it also keeps it soft shiny AND serves as a heat protectant. I went into aveda on a cold clammy San Francisco day. My hair was super frizzy! I needed help, and the stylist new just what to suggest. It took about a week or two of use for me to really notice the difference. Haven't had frizzy hair for over a year now, no matter what the weather is like. It's truly a miracle worker. They bottle lasts 6 months+, so it's well worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by melkoz

I have wavy shoulder length hair with course patches, I don't find this to make any difference after blowdrying and/or flat ironing. I have tried using it with 1, 2, and 3 pumps and the amounts do not seem to change the outcome - dull finish with ends that tend to clump together. I find that I must use something over top to give shine and movement to my hair. I also do not like the fragrance of this product either, herbal and sort of medicinal. Save your money and use Aussie hair insurance products instead (1/4 the cost) great shiny hair with a pleasant smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by amy1334

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It took me forever to figure out how to use this!! I use the smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner and i always thought it was the conditioner weighing my hair down. After squeezing my hair with paper towel; best thing to prevent frizzing; i would put about 3 squirts of the style prep throughout my hair then blow dry it. Well it held my hair in place all day but it felt like my hair was stuck to my head and heavy. Well today i only put 1 squirt on the ends then blew dry my hair and it looks amazing!! Shiny and silky and not heavy. So now the price doesnt seem so bad. This stuff will last me for a year. The old saying is sooo true" too much of anything isnt good for you!!! Also only expect what you want to happen. Our thoughts create our reality. God bless and best wishes.