Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother

Aqueous Extract:Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Palmamidopropyl Trimonium Methosulfate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Cetyl Alchol, Tamanu Seed Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tapioca Starch, Tocopherol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PG-Propyl Silanetrio, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Benhentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years. I recently ran out and after a few days, had to rush to the Aveda salon to buy more because my hair looked terrible without it. Because I have very thick hair, I usually use two pumps. In the winter it helps the fly-aways and in summer, prevents the frizzies. (I recently bought the new smooth infusion nourishing styling creme as well, but it made my hair look like straw and it smells terrible, kind of like tobacco. Very disappointing because I love all of the other smooth infusion products. And it smells terrible.)
This one is great though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a heat protector and something to make my daughters hair more manageable. We both have naturally bone straight hair. At first, I thought this was a miracle product. It had an unusual but light smell that didn't linger once dry. The first two uses, It tamed my daughters thin flyaway and made combing tangled hair easier plus it made our hair looked great when dry no heat even needed. While it did smooth our hair, and add a little weight and thickness. It seemed too good to be true. It didn't take long- after the second or third application and I noticed scary amounts of much breakage and hair fall out with brushing, washing, even simple running fingers though the hair. After a week I couldn't help but noticed both our hair looked like we had even more flyaway than before. again no heat used, so why increased flyaways? I stopped using it, because of the hair breakage and hair fall-out. It took me a week to realize that the dozen strands of hair in my brush and hair all over the house. If you have naturally straight hair, don't use this product, it may fall out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have thick curly hair and I use this on washed detangled and conditioned hair. I used it before I apply heat to it. It smells great. It makes my hair soft and manageable. I loved it! But I do not think I will buy it that much due to the fact that I do not apply heat or straighten my hair much anymore. If it wasn't so expensive I would keep it in stock in my hair product stash.

I purchased this product for something to give a smooth and silky texture to my curly hair...After three uses, my hair is ike straw...For the price, this is ridiculous...I have used damage remedy shampoo and conditioner and did fine...I have also used other Aveda products and had no problem I realize that different hair will produce different results...This girl's hair was bombed...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

A few months ago, I reviewed the Smooth Infusion line and gave it a glowing review. I can't find my Makeup Alley review but I feel somewhat guilty and want to write an up to date review.
First, I bought the shampoo, conditioner and Naturally Straight styling cream. A few weeks later I bought the Style-Prep. At that point, I was using all four products. My hair turned into straw. I have blonde hair so it really did look like straw. I then used Acai Daily Smoothing Serum to smooth things out (and hopefully restore some shine) but no dice. I don't want to toss the Aveda products as they were so expensive. So last night I drenched my hair in Acai Deep Conditioning Masque, put an extra pillow case on my pillow and went to sleep. This morning I shampooed and creme rinsed my hair with the Aveda products and then used Aveda Naturally Straight styling cream. I did not use the Style Prep. Next time, I will use the Style Prep, but not the cream. I'm curious as to which is the really nasty product. My hair does look better this morning but that is due to the Acai Masque. So, yes, this Aveda line does straighten hair but you will end up with straight straw line hair.

I have to finally write a review for this product...it's definitely a holy Grail for my hair. I have used this in my long (bra strap length), color treated, damaged, wavy and frizzy hair for several years now. I recently chopped off almost all it in into a very short stacked bob since I'm attempting, at 38, to grow out my grey hair. My hair is an absolute mess if I don't use this prior to blow drying and/or flat ironing. After towel drying I work a couple of pumps (much less now with the short hair) through my damp hair and then style. It never weighs my hair down, never feels sticky or "producty", controls my frizz and adds weight to my flyaway hair. Humidity is the mortal enemy of my hair and makes it poof something horrible, but with this in my hair it almost completely prevents that. I've tried so many other products recently in an attempt to find a cheaper alternative but always come back to this. It's well worth the price!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Living in a coastal town in the South means that humidity can quickly become a major existential crisis for my hair -- there is no way to win, so why fight it? While Smooth Infusion Style Prep has not been a total cure, it has helped manage it. If you have fine hair, you might have to use most of the product on your ends -- I do think it can weigh down your roots if you put too much on them. But it is generally a really great styling product, very lightweight and it smells wonderful. For the price, it is not unreasonable.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother along with Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight, and it has done nothing for my hair. I have colored hair that has become coarse due to greying and was hoping for something that might tame it but this product simply has not worked. Save your money.

Makes my hair smooth and soft with no stickiness or dryness. Doesn't weigh my hair down either. This is something I'd purchase again in the future.

For reference I have hair that is thick, dry, wavy-texture, color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. So it's important that I take care of it with the right products. I always use some type of leave-in product on my damp hair before I blow-dry, and this one is a winner- recommended!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of this at an Aveda store and have to admit I liked it enough to get the full size bottle. I have curly, course hair that I occasionally straighten with a flat iron. I washed my hair with conditioner (co-wash), put this product on ONLY and let it air dry during the day. I didn't notice anything amazing but i wasn't expecting much as it's not a styling product. The next day I straightened my hair, no products other than the style prep from the day before AND it left my hair so soft and straight! I wore my hair like that for 4 more days! My hair remained straight the whole time. It was great in preparation for straightening in the absence of any other product and that is what I want, simplicity. So when I want to straighten my hair, this will be my only product. The only draw back is that it is expensive for 3.4 ounces, but as I don't straighten my hair often it will last.