October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Emjoi - Light Caress, Corded

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by cat1018

I decided to try this after reading reviews and thinking the more tweezers the better. I was using the emoji slim mini version which was better this one is just ok .I hate 10 page thesis reviews with useless info so here it is after working this correctly:
- the light is great because it shows just how many hairs are missed
- breaks a lot of hairs off not out by the root
- hard to use underarm
- curved design is difficult ok for certain areas
.- you have to let hair grow much longer the cheaper battery version grabs the short ones
- didn't care about the noise f it worked who cares what it sounds like
- misses fine hi air, the slim version seems tog rap them

The 15.0o emoji slim worked better I think the faster the unit goes the more you miss.hate to have to use batteries all the time however if it works it is worth it.
Would not buy again,works for others not for me

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by louiseisloiz

So this is my first review for a product. I bought this epilator from Walmart.com at a discounted price. This is my first ever epilator and I'm glad I gave it a try. I used it for my underarms and I'm not going back to plucking ever again. Before I bought this epilator I read tons of reviews and watched countless videos about epilators. I wanted to invest on a good epilator and finally decided to go for an emjoi epilator. I was afraid that it will be painful but to my surprise it was not! It removed the hair well and so far it didn't cause ingrown hair.
Tips:
Use it after taking a shower
SCRUB! before and after
use witch hazel or aloe vera gel after
taut your skin
make sure the hair is not too long nor too short

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT:
Ever since using this - I now have ingrown hairs where I never did before (back of the ankle ??? I'm looking at you!) And I only used it maybe a handful of times--- it did get pretty painful after awhile lol

Original review
I have the wireless light caress, but I feel like its weaker when its not plugged in, so I end up using it corded 95% of the time.

At first I wasn't sure about the results. Didn't feel smooth enough and it appeared as if there were more ingrown hairs. The second time I actually had to use tweezers to pull out all the hairs growing sideways.

BUT I've used it about six times now and the results are sooooo much better. Guess my skin/hair just had to get used to it.

PROS:
works
new hair growth after 7 days
not as painful as I expected- on a scale of 1-10 legs are 2, armpits 4, and bikini 7 (won't be doing that again)
Investment

CONS:
Takes a long time (several passes at the same hair)
More mild ingrown hairs
Too big for armpits (can't get at certain spots)
Not as powerful unplugged

I bought Tend Skin at the same time to reduce ingrowns and I Highly recommended it. Applying this afterwards actually hurt more than epilating- but the red spots disappear a lot faster with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lab120178

AMAZING!!!!! I will admit, it is uncomfortable at first, but better than waxing. I love it, no more pepper look, I can't wait to use it again!!! I was thinking of getting lazer, but didn't want to spend the money. I love it. I hated the packaging, very hard to get open and almost cut me the plastic is so sharp, but other than that no complaints!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I have the Emjoi optima which has 100 razors. Its the best. I don't even feel it anymore. When I shave it leaves these color pigmentation on my skin making it darker. I hate that. The best way is to use a epilator. My skin is smoother. It takes a lot of patience but worth it. I just can't wax to save my life and this is awesome! I can take pain. This is not as bad as a cramp. Its short pain that I can stand. If you are sensitive to pain I don't recommend. I hear alot of people complain that it does not leave the skin smooth. That is because you are leaving hair behind. I suggest using it in direct sunlight so you can see every single hair. Use somewhere where its easy to clean all your little hairs like inside your shower or bath tub. It cost me 100 few years ago but I am sure it is cheaper now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by LovesYouToPieces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off all realize that this is going to pluck hairs out of your body. That's the whole idea behind an epilator, so if you are expecting some magical painless hair removal from an epilator you are crazy. Beauty is pain and this does hurt. I have a high pain tolerance. I have shaved, waxed, plucked, and lazered almost all parts of my body. This has by far been the best tool I have used to date.

There are two speed settings, 1 being the slower and 2 being the faster. And this does make a lot of noise. I think that's the most intimidating part when you first switch it on. I decided on the corded version as 1) it's the cheapest of the models, and 2) I didn't plan on doing this anywhere there wasn't an outlet. To be honest I chilled on my bedroom floor in front of the mirror and blasted some tunes when I first did this.

I am very pale and have very dark and coarse body hair. I decided on this epilator because it came highly recommended from other beauty sites I read. I recently lost my job and can't validate spending the money to go the salon and get waxed every 3 week, and if I am to shave I have 5 o'clock shadow everyday!

I can equate the discomfort of this epilator to that off getting a tattoo. I decided to 'go for the gold' and epilate the most sensitive areas first, i.e. my bikini line (speed 2), under arms (speed 2), and upper lip (speed 1). I chose to do this so that I would get the worst over with first. I have sensitive skin (depilitories give me horrible red rashes) and yes this does cause initial redness but its nothing like that of waxing. It does take multiple passes to get all the hairs. I probably had about 4 days growth and I had all areas done in say 30 mins total and this was my first time so I assume with practice it won't take me as long (I also sanitized the blades with an alcohol swab in between body parts). My upper lip was the most uncomfortable but I think that more had to do with the fact I'm putting this noisy machine near my face.

I plan on doing my legs and arms in the next few days. I have to wait for the hairs to grow out. Yes, this does get super short ones, but I'd rather just have some nice growth so there is more for the tiny tweezers to grab onto.

Sorry this was so long but I hope this helps somebody decide if this is the right tool for them! Right now (24 hours after first using this) my underarms, upper lip and bikini line are baby smooth. Just remember to exfoliate before and after, only use this machine on clean skin (i.e. no lotions or deodorants) and moisturize like a mofo after to keep ingrown hairs at bay. Thanks for reading!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A girl's best friend. Yes, it hurts the first few times around, but after a few uses, the pain is very minimal. Sometimes, I use a little baby powder to smooth the skin and allow the epilator to glide across my skin easier, but other than that, this epilator is great for travel and doesn't require me to use it everyday, unlike shaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by jamiebelly7905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A woman's best friend. I love love love my emjoi epilator!! Most people associate epilators with pain, but I really have no problem using this little so-called pain device. I chose the corded one over the cordless, mostly because I liked the green color of the corded, but also because I've heard reviews that it gets tidious having to recharge the cordless. This epilator works great on the armpit and because the hair is a bit thicker under there, you can actually really feel the epilator yanking out those little suckers. Honestly, I love the feeling, call me weird, haha. The great thing about this epilator is that it hardly ever misses a hair. Just kind of circle one spot and all the hair is gone! All in all, I think it's a great product. Not as messy and expensive as waxing, and doesn't leave stubble like shaving. What are you waiting for? Go out and buy one!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by patticat68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My first experience with epilators was with the Epilady which hurt like others have said. I wanted to try a new one since I thought that the technology had to have been improved since then. I was not disappointed with the Emjoi. I have the red cordless model which can also be used with the cord attached. At first, I wasn't sure about the usefulness of the light, but it really is quite useful at seeing every hair. It did a good job at removing the hair. It didn't hurt nearly as much as using the Epilady. If you haven't done it before, I do recommend a professional wax first and then using it for touchups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

Though I haven't used this device for a while I thought I'd add a review.

I had started out with an Epilady oh-so-many-years-ago which my mom gave me. Hurt like the dickens and so I avoided it like the plague for a few months. Then I went back to it and slowly got used to the pain. Then my Epilady broke down, and I got a replacement. After a while, I got sick of those evil coils and decided to spring for am Emjoi Light Caress after reading about it.

I found that it was less noisy than the Epilady, and somewhat easier to clean. Just as painful though! But these devices are always painful.

I used to use this as my touch-up machine after waxing. Worked like a charm, got every hair. And I never had issues with the cord being too short or anything.

Then I performed laser hair reduction on myself a couple of years ago...I don't have a lot of issues with unwanted hair since doing that. I'll shave every once in a while, and I've been using the No!No! to see what kind of results that device yields. But I think I'd still turn to this device if I wanted that silky smooth result that lasts so long when I use this.

Overall I'd say this device rocks...