August 28, 2014 | 1107 users online

Cleansers - Pangea Organics - Facial Cleanser - Egyptian Calendula & Blood Orange

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a very gentle and mild cleanser. I like the smell, unlike some of the reviewers on here, although I think since this company boasts a very organic line it could be a spoiled product that produces this scent. This cleanses well, but I do not think this would remove makeup because it does not have enough oil or detergent. This would be great for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased a 'Skincare Discovery Pack' for sensitive to dry skin.

This was one of the products that was included.

It is a gentle cleanser, you only need apply a small amount to damp skin and it will cleanse your whole face and neck area.

Doesn't foam or sting the eyes and didn't leave my skin feeling tight.

Its OK does what a cleanser should do without stripping your skin of natural oils.

Only downside to this product is the God Awful Smell.........

This alone is enough to stop me repurchasing, its bad enough on its own but when you mix it with toner and moisturiser it had me gagging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by nicola00

I received a sample of this in the Pangea discovery kit for normal to combination kit. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Thought I was going to hate it based on the reviews, but, I use this after removing my make up and in the morning. I'm not sure how well it removes make up and I haven't tried that yet. I love the texture and consistency of it. A tiny bit goes a long way and it just rubs so nicely into my skin. It smells alright, nothing spectacular. It doesn't irritate my skin, just makes it nice and soft. I just purchased the full size. It's a tad more expensive then the Weleda Almond cleansing lotion but you get more product and use less, so I was happy to make the switch. I recommend purchasing the discovery kit if you're unsure about Pangea. Their eye cream gave me a brutal reaction so I was worried to try anything else, but fell in love with a few of their products. Anyway..that wasn't about the cleanser lol. Give it a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by rnancy

I should probably give this product a 3, but I gave an extra point for the smell and the packaging. It is a mild cleanser, that is for sure. That's why I like it more in the morning before work rather than as a makeup remover at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used two or three bottles of this product, so I can't say that I dislike it, but I am looking for something better. I like the texture and that it contains natural ingredients. My skin does feel clean after using it and it is good at taking natural makeup off. However, I dislike the burning feeling I get if I have a break out or a patch of irritated skin. Overall, it is somewhat too 'active' for my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lemonade3248

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Pangea Organics, but this cleanser just doesn't do it for me. It has a milky lotion consistency, and does not remove my Bare Escentuals makeup AT ALL. The smell doesn't really bother me--not pleasant, but not unpleasant, and the packaging is wonderful. (A nice glass bottle with a pump.) I really wanted to love this, but I'm going back to my 100% Pure Foaming Cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by xgirlmama

I seem to be in the minority, but to me, this stuff smells absolutely awful. And the consistency is just bizarre to me. I get no lather and have to follow up with something else to make sure I got my face clean. It's like a lotion consistency. The packaging is fabulous on all Pangea products I've used and this is luckily the only Pangea product I won't repurchase.

I can't even describe the smell. It's like "mmmmmmmmmmmm oranges.... oh wait, what is that other smell? Ack gag, get it off me"

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kellycolts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really nice smelling, light cleansing face wash. Doesn't foam or suds up, not a deep cleansing wash. This cleanser is good for when you wake up and don't need to wash off makeup. Expensive for a cleanser, which is why I probably wouldn't buy again. I have oily skin and need a deep cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by jackie83413

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

STING my eyes like there is no tomorrow! The texture is nice and smells natural. But do not use around the eyes even though it says that it removes most make up on the box.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The Egyptian Calendula and Blood Orange cleanser left my skin feeling dry and tight, even though it's a non-foaming milky cleanser. And I can't stand the smell. It's the blend of essential oils. They were chosen for their benefits to the skin, but when combined, it's just too strong and unpleasant a fragrance. It's a shame, because I like the fact that it's all-natural and organic, and I wanted to try a more reasonably priced all-natural line. I have been using Ren, but it's expensive in the U.S. But I have gotten better results with Ren, so 'll just have to bite the bullet and continue using Ren.