Everyday Minerals Veranda

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 2/4/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this in a sample kit specifically to use as an all-over lid color. It's a great shimmery lavender color for eye shadow, but I can't really see how this could be used a blush, but it might work for some people.
It's been sadly discontinued!

EDIT - We asked, and Everyday Minerals has re-issued this gorgeous color as an eye shadow! I love their customer service, and I stocked up on it!

on 10/5/2008 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was marketed as a blush, and I found it to be a crappy blush color. I'm extremely pale, neutral to neutral warm coloring. This did not look good on me.

I tried a lot of Everyday Minerals products and I wanted to love them, but I was really disappointed by them.

on 10/5/2008 12:25:00 AM

I tried for a long time to like this shade, but it's just too blue/ashy-based, even for super-cool-toned, hyper-fair me. I could see mixing it with other shades that were too warm, but on its own it's just not a good look.

on 4/3/2008 10:02:00 PM

i love many EM blushes but this one definitely looks horrible on me. Instead of adding a touch of healthy glow this makes my face look ashy as if I'm very sick. Sample it first. This is not the shade for everyone! For reference, I'm Asian, olive skin tone, NC 20/25.

on 3/6/2008 1:57:00 PM

Because of previous reviews, I almost purchased a full size of this; however, I'm so glad that I got a sample first. As a blush Veranda is absolutely terrible on me. For reference, I'm around NC15. My complexion is pretty even; I don't have much redness anywhere. I wanted a pale lavender-tinged pink blush and thought Veranda would be perfect because Everyday Minerals describes it as an "icy pink shade with a touch of purple and hint of silvery sparkle." Firstly, I don't detect any sort of pink in this at all; it's quite purple. I'd describe it as a slightly grayed lavender. Secondly, there is much more than a hint of silvery sparkle. I thought I might be able to use this as an all over face brightener since it makes me look hypothermic as a blush, but it is way too shimmery for me. Thank goodness it's pretty as an eyeshadow since I can't use it all over my face. Maybe I'll try mixing a little pink blush into it...
Pictures:

continued >>

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Although this makes a nice pale lavender eyeshadow, I have no clue how this can work as a blush or face color. I tried wearing this as a blush and i looked like i was sick. My skin turned purplish/blue, which is not desirable. I would've given this a 1 if i was only reviewing this as a blush but since it is a very pretty eyeshadow, I'm giving this a 3.

on 3/3/2008 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this beautiful lilac color as my go-to color when I want a lovely purple eye shadow. Haven't even tried it as a blush yet but may after reading the other reviews.

on 2/21/2008 9:25:00 AM

Light medium lavender shade with subtle sparkles in it.
Love this as a shadow. Not sure how this would work on me as a blush as I am more warm toned (MAC Studio Fix NC20) but may try mixing it with other em blush shades to tone the color down. Anyway love this as a lid wash with subtle sparkles. Perfect for day or night!
Would repurchase.

on 2/12/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The color is a beautiful bluish-lavender color with subtle shimmer that really shouldn't be a blush at all! As, its color actually doesn't seem to be the right shade to be used on the cheeks. So, when I ordered it, I actually did so just so that I could use it as a eyeshadow color. And, after using it on my eyes, I am so glad that I did order it. Because, it really makes my eyes come alive!

on 1/16/2008 10:53:00 PM

Adore Veranda - cool, subtle, sophisticated. Evens out my ruddy, sun damaged complexion, imparts a vibrant, fresh, radiance to this fair gal from snow country - not to mention my skin is clearer than ever since using EM foundations exclusively. Will definitely order this again, in addition to Splendid and Light Pink. This company has done its homework/market research - their color palettes are divine. Peruse old masters paintings and you will find subtle, subdued shades such as these articulated again and again in timeless portraits of gracious, elegant ladies. Love you EM.

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products