November 27, 2014 | 1201 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless tanning in medium light

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by KaylaFisher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm actually a fan of this self tanner. I like to use it during the week when I just want a little "glow". It applies really easy, isn't messy and dries within a reasonable amount of time (30-40 minutes). The color it gives me looks really good (although it is very light). The smell could be a little better after a few hours, but for less than 10 bucks, I'm not complaining! When I need to look my best (going out) I use a different tanner. But this one serves its purpose as a simple, "everyday" self tanner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by iMirna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this a lot.I now use the Clarins Delicious Self tanning cream,But this used to be what I used back before.If you apply it well ,it will look like a real tan,not fake.No orangeness, people really thought I got tan.It looks great,moisturizing.I have acne prone skin and this is the only self tanner I can safely put on my face and won't be worried that I'll get a pimple.And it looks really natural,goes on smoothly,love the tube packaging.The price is incredible,unfortunetly they didn't have this at my Walmart(Canada) so I got it in the USA.Totally worth the money,Try it! I'd also recommend my Clarins Delicious Self tanning cream. Have fun with your tan!
PS: Trust me it's the best self tanner that you can find in the drugstores.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Streaks and not moisturizing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

I love this stuff! I'm fair (NC20) and I swore off tanning beds quite awhile ago so I self tan like crazy during the summer when I want a little more colour. This stuff is tinted so you can see where you've applied and it gives a bit of instant colour which is nice. The smell isn't overbearing and it's oil free so I can safely use it on my face (which I cannot say is true for the spray version of this). It dries quickly so you don't have to stand around naked for an hour, and it's a believable colour on my skin. Like any self-tan though it can leave spots on you elbows, knees, and ankles so exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! I also put a bit of moisturizer on those spots and let it sink in before application then about five minutes after the self tanner is on I gently blot those same spots with an old towel to pick up any extra tanner or drips. I follow those steps everytime and I usually have a flawless fake tan. I don't know how long a single application lasts but I usually apply it twice a week and that's enought to maintain a nice glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ariana100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product bc of the great reviews on MUA. I meant to get the dark shade but all walmart had was light/medium. I used it once and it made me orange and streaky :( The next morning I took a shower and it washed off completly. I usually use jergens natural glow and am happy with that i just wanted a change. But I will be sticking to jergens. I gave it 3 lippies because it didn't smell that bad and the packaging was nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by erinnyes

I'm super picky about sunless tans and my skin - but I liked this one. Previously I'd been using gradual tanners, but was dissatisfied with how slowly color would develop. I have very, very light white skin, and when a party would come around where I wanted to wear shorts or a low-cut top, I wanted a nice glow without having to build it up for weeks.

This tanner is nice because I haven't had many issues with streaks, and I think the color looks good in natural lighting. I'm the sort of person that will never be completely satisfied with how fake tan colors look on my very very pale skin, but it's come closer than others because of how quickly the color appears. The only problem I have with it is the smell. Not a big fan, but otherwise the color's good and it lasts about a week. It streaks a little while fading, but you can reapply or exfoliate and it looks just fine.

The BEST part about it is that it's not expensive, so you can maintain your color without going broke, too. Try it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by calikitten118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

great tanner. i was sick of waiting around for jergens gradual to actually show up on my skin as anything more than a hint of color so i decided to go with something that was develops right away. the smell doesn't bother me at all, but i don't usually care about product scents. it does linger though, so if you don't like it it will probably bother you. application is great, goes on tinted so you can see it, rubs in and spreads easily. i've still gotten dark spots on my knees and ankles, but i've never been able to stop that so i'm not surpised. it dries pretty quickly on me, i used it on my boyfriend and mixed it with regular lotion since he's got so much more surface area and it took him forever to dry, but i think it was the lotion so we're not going to do that next time. color is great, instant slight tint and bronze in a few hours. my stomach and legs haven't been any color but white in years (i'm not a beach/pool kind of girl, and nowadays i'm a sunscreen everywhere kind of girl, so no suntanning for me). Very happy with this purchase. Only change would be a pump bottle instead of a squeeze tube but it's really not a big deal. I may get the Dark next time since I'm kinda hooked on this now and want to be even more "bronze and beautiful" than i already am, but I haven't decided yet. Either way, I will definetly repurchase and have already recommended it to my sister in hopes of getting her to stop suntanning.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by allsmiles123

I promise I will never stray again. I've come back to this every summer for the past 4 summers. It's perfect in every way....umm, well except for the smell, I hate it, but I'd rather deal with the smell for a day, than dealing with white legs for the whole summer. I shave and exfoliate my legs once a week and only need to apply this once. The lotion leaves the perfect color (for me), streak-free, for the whole week. Love, love, love!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Kristie96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the summer color sunless tinted lotion in light/medium. I have used so, so many different self tanners and really was not expecting much from this. I think I saw it in a magazine article and decided to pick it up. I usually use St. Tropez, or Fake Bake self tanner, which are both so dark and give quick, realistic results. I always use gloves when applying self tanner and did the same for this one. I am actually very happy with the results of this. It is obviously not extremely dark, but it does not have a terrible smell to it, its not sticky, and doesnt take forever to dry. I like that it is slightly tinted and gives a instant bronzed appearance. I couldnt believe that I was actually comfortable enough to be able to apply this and actually feel like I look and smell good! With most, if not all self tanners I use, I wait to dry, go to bed, then wash off in the AM. I am usually embarassed about the way I look, and smell and try to hide it from my husband, ha ha. I am so happy to find something that gives my skin a nice glow, a self tanning effect with a nice color, and no terrible smell on me. Wow! and for this price I would definetly repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by SuummerL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

STREAKS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!