February 28, 2015 | 2048 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2015 3:03:00 AM More reviews by donnalouise83

I love this product! This was my second purchase of a primer specifically for eyes (a fairly ineffective Revlon product being the first) , and it's made a world of difference to the lifespan of my eye makeup. I either use my fingers or a concealer brush to apply the product - it is pretty much invisible once it dries. It makes a decent difference to the intensity of my eyeshadow and keeps everything in place for much longer than when I apply makeup straight onto bare skin.

I paid about $24 (from memory) from Beauty Bay - the tube has lasted ages and still has a lot of product left, so I would consider it to be good value for money. You only need a very small amount for good results.

Shadow insurance has been a game-changer for me - will continue to repurchase forever :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2015 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Finnish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this primer. I find that it works better if you pat it in, rather than rub it in. And a tiny bit goes a very long way. This keeps even my most dramatic Amy Winehouse-y looks on for at least 8 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2015 4:20:00 PM More reviews by TwinklePrincessBoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a really good eyeshadow primer but keep in mind it does not help to make colors stand out more, it is better than MAC Paints and Primer Potion at keeping eyeshadow ON for the longest but it is not the go-to for color intensifying properties that can come with Primer Potion. No creasing or color oxidization and eyeshadow stays on all day and all night, a super tiny amount goes a long way so it is incredible value.
It's definitely worth having for those natural eye looks that you need to stick around and you don't want to worry about slipping off after a long time. It's good for blending too, as a lot of primers can be tacky and difficult to blend with after they set. You could always apply your colors on top of a cream or NYX Jumbo Liner for more intense color.
I will be repurchasing because this is a very good thing to have. Beware of counterfeit Shadow Insurance items on eBay.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2015 9:55:00 PM More reviews by arobertsxx

This eye primer was okay. Thankfully I only purchased a travel sized one because it is not that great. It works better than no primer or priming with a pale cream shadow, but does not stand the test of time for me. I need my makeup to last up to sixteen hours some days and when I use this about half my eyeshadow is left by the end of a long day. Sometimes the product separates a little in the tube and it will come out greasy. I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 1:51:00 PM More reviews by rbkh

Too Faced can be hit or miss for me- this one is a miss. For some reason, my eyelids itch with this one and staying power is average at best. UD, MAC, and even ELF are better. Fine to use if it is included with another product but I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Emrn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first Too faced product and I have to say I'm disappointed. I ordered it from Asos and I was really excited to try it out since this was my first eyelid primer that wasn't from a drugstore brand. When i open the package from asos the first thing I see is the little cute blue box and I really liked it. It's adorable! The packaging is unfortunately the only thing I liked about this product. The texture felt of grainy and uneven, it was hard to apply because of this. My eyeshadow didn't last all day and the primer didn't accentuate the eyeshadow.

I prefer Urban Decays eyeshadow primer, this one wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2015 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Elitsabeth

I could do with or without this product:
I didn't notice my makeup lasting any longer than usual. Though, the packaging is cute -- sort of Princess vibe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Itabliss

I've used this for years. I really like it. My eyeshadow never creases and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Nancyyyhoadley

The actual formula is awesome! My eyeshadow stays on much longer and is gorgeously vibrant. I am not a huge fan of the packaging and wish that there was an attached applicator, especially since it is quite expensive. Keep your eye out though; sephora often has this as a points perk!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by scollantes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This one is simply overhyped.
My main problem with this one is: why is there a gross liquidy thing that comes out every time I use it? I have to spend time to wipe of the spills and I don't know if its worth it. there are better eye primers out there with less hustle.
I bought this at Mecca Maxima for $27 AUD more than a year ago & I haven't used it that much.
Now that I have dry skin & very dry flaking eyelids, I obviously don't need this anymore.
But at the time that I have been using this when I needed it, besides the leaking substance, this does keep your eyeshadow on for a much longer time compared to not wearing any base at all.