July 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

Keeps shadow on all day, through heat and humidity! No crease or fading for 6+ hours. Personally I didn't find it to be any better or worse than UDPP, they both worked just fine on my eyelids. It does what it's supposed to :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I gave this plenty of time before reviewing it. I compared it to Urban Decay Primer Potion, ELF's Glitter Glue, and the Lock and Seal for holding stuff in place. Now, no primer has been found to be a magic potion, but this works REALLY well. I like ELF's Glitter Glue as well for when it's not humid or very warm since it migrates slowly. I use TFSI for when it's humid and I want to keep some sort of color on my eyelids or for a cut crease. TFSI migrates a lot less, but creases after a while, about 6 hours.

I'll buy this again, and definitely try the glitter glue. I won't try UDPP again, it just didn't meld well with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this is my favorite eye shadow primer and also my first eye shadow primer. I know about Urban Decay Primer Potion being just as good but I cannot say for sure since I haven't tried it. But with this primer, the staying power is awesome!
I have slightly oily eye lids and this primer keeps my eye lids crease-less all day and I never have a problem. Sometimes I go 8+ hours with my makeup and this primer makes my eye shadow look beautiful from 6 am to 6 pm and I usually never have to touch up my eyes (aside from a lil smudging from my eyeliner when I wear it).
My only tiny complaint is when I do my first shade. If I apply my shadow before the primer has really set then my brush tends to not slide as well but after that I have no problem. But it barely happens so I decided to not take a point off for that. Another thing is the packaging, I like being able to squeeze it out of a tube because I believe it is more hygienic then using a wand and dipping back into the primer every time.
I keep going back to this primer and I recommend this to all of my friends who are wondering what eye shadow primer to get. I think that to have a flawless canvas, you need to have a good primer and even if you have to spend a bit more, I think it is worth it because then your makeup will look better then without using one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE too faced, but this just didn't quite float my boat, for a high end primer coming from such an awesome brand? I was expecting more! the consistency was thin for one, and it didn't conceal any veins or redness on your eyelids alike the elf ones or benefits do. so yeah I won't buy again, I recommend something else, however its not the most terrible in the world, I do like the packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by billierosetyler

Amazing product! I have been using it for a few years and I honestly don't know how I coped beforehand. Nowadays, I wouldn't even consider applying eyeshadow without it!

In my opinion, it is equivalent to Urban Decay Primer Potion. I use Too Faced because it is easier to get hold of in Australia.

PROS:
* Does what it says on the box. I have very oily eyelids, but when I use this, my eyeshadow stays put and does not crease or fade.
* Lasts for ages. I use it pretty much every day, and I apply it all over my lids from the lash line to the brow bone. I still don't seem to use up the product very quickly because you only need a small amount.

CONS:
* Quite pricey (AUD $26.95 at Kit Cosmetics).
* Does make eyeshadows a little more difficult to blend, especially matte shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I have oily lids and they just happen to be monolids, so this primer really helps my eye makeup stay on longer. My eyeshadow didn't budge for 12 hours after a party I went to where I walked around a lot because I stayed to clean up the house. It does the job well, but it's expensive. There are so many other options that are much cheaper than this. The only reasons why I bought it was because I got a good deal on eBay and I saw xteeener use it in her earlier Youtube videos. Too Faced is a great brand with majorly adorable packaging, but their shadow insurance just isn't worth the buying over and over again. After this tube is out, I'll opt for a less expensive option.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Elspaeth

Even though it's an eyeshadow primer, I personally don't own any eyeshadow stuff, so instead I use this product for 2 other things:

- dab a little bit on the upper part of the bridge of my nose (in between my eyes) to make my glasses less slippery;
- a little bit on my eyelid before applying my eyeliner

In both these cases the product does its job, there is a considerable difference between the "sans primer" and "with primer" situation.

Pros:
- long lasting, efficient, the fact that you only need a small amount of product

Cons:
- the awful chemical smell, you need to shake that package really well, otherwise it's an oily-separation type of mess

But yeah, up until I find something better, I will be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer is pretty self-explanatory; it's an anti-crease eye shadow primer. It costs $20 at Sephora or Ulta & even though it costs more than I'd like to pay for an eye shadow primer, it's my favourite one. I have oily eyelids & finding a primer than actually works for me is extraordinary haha I've tried a few different ones, but this seems to work the best. It blends well & is easy to apply. I rub a small amount on my eyelids with my fingertip, let it set, & then apply eye shadow as usual.

Not only does this make eye shadow stay on much longer & cut down on smudging, it actually makes shadow look better. It makes the colour much brighter & more pigmented than it would be had I put it on my lid without priming. Although I think Shadow Insurance is overpriced, I do recommend it because it does work & because you only use a little at a time, you'll get your money's worth.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by AthenaBell

I haven't even heard of an eyelid primer up until 6 months ago, I use to use concealer. Then as I got more interested in make up and started watching make up tutorials I heard that eyelid primer enhances your eye shadow wear. I actually ordered this one by default, because I ordered a sample of the prime and pore less foundation primer that came with the full size eyelid primer. And I will say this stuff is amazing, my eye shadow glides on so smoothly and stays put for hours. I slept in my make up recently (drunken all nighter) and by the morning my eye shadow was still on! Plus if you are a fan of Wayne Goss youtube make up guru, he mentions this product in his top 5 eyelid primer videos! If you live in Australia, I suggest you buy it off eBay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Tried this after I finished my Urban Decay Primer Potion. Much prefer this, as it is slightly "thinner" in texture as compared to the former. It makes spreading easier. Will repurchase.