October 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by uxi

This is one of those products that you probably take for granted and you're really on the fence about. It does keep my eye makeup intact for the better part of the day, but I can't help wondering if there is something similar for a much cheaper price (this is ~$25 in Australia which I think is a bit extreme for something that is the size of one of your fingers). Bought it after reading all the great reviews and I guess I'll keep buying it just for the sake of it until I find something less dear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by westcoastduchessxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best eyeshadow primer I have ever tried, I have tried so many and keep on coming back! It definitely keeps my eyeshadow from falling off. My eyeshadow stays on until I remove it with my makeup wipes! I recommend it to my friends and family, they love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by shawty2321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My struggle with eyeshadows creasing is real. I have tried Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper, Lorac's Behind The Scenes Eyeshadow Primer, Essence Eyeshadow Base, Sigma Eyeshadow Base (Persuade) & MAC Paint Pot (Soft Ochre) & none of them worked for me. With Too Faced Shadow Insurance, my eyeshadows creased only the tiniest bit towards the crease of my eye but for how well it held up for the most part & how it intensifies my eyeshadows & how easily my eyeshadows blend over this, it's negligible. I'd give this a 4.5 if I could but I couldn't give it 5 due to the fact that it still did crease the tiniest bit. Will repurchase until I find another that can top this baby.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is excellent, a very good product, but Urban Decay Primer Potion is just a tad bit better. I did not regret buying this, it definitely worked and I finished it. But ... I did not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This used to be good but I've notice the lastest tubes are a different consistency. I think they've changed the formula to be thinner and more oily. Plus the nozzle of my last couple doesn't fit firmly it fell out, it dispenses too much now without its tip.

I'll probably try Milani next as it is cheap with great reviews

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a first impression review but just had to share this- I'm oily, and this product actually made my Physicians Formula liquid eyeliner/serum stick soo well that I had to swipe it off with a micellar water soaked pad AFTER I had just cleansed my face with my Nuance oxygen face cleanser. I have never, ever had a problem taking this liner off, and after a hot sunny day walking around I was even surprised it was still on me when I got home. Yes, it made my shadow stick, but holy cow on making that eyeliner stick soo well too!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know what I am doing wrong with this primer. I have tried the tiniest amounts, bigger amounts, made sure it is well and truly blended in, given it time to dry on the eye lid etc but it will only last a max of 4 hours before the shadow creases or disappear off my lid and sits in the crease of my lid. This was pretty pricy @ 17 so highly disappointed. I found that it separates so needs a good shake before application. I like the packaging but that's it. I use this to prime my undereye area before concealer goes on.

I will stick to UDPP as it works better for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by alisonxellen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to buy UD's Primer Potion but it was out of stock so I got the Shadow Insurance. I had read so many good things about it before, many of my favorite Youtubers used it and said it was a HG product. Okay. I'm so disappointed. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way but my eyeshadows crease like crazy with it and it feels so oily on my eyelid. At first, I thought I used not enough produc

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great lid primer. I'm still experimenting on which one works the best...but this one really is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my second favorite primer, behind urban decay. It's pretty good. But since they're similar price points I would go with the UD.