Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/24/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, its long lasting, light, and breathable. It's worth the money and does it's job at keeping your eye shadow perfect. I 100% recommend this product to everyone. It's awesome, and worth buying.

on 7/18/2015 11:46:00 AM

this is a great primer, no doubt about it the hype is real. the reason why i gave an overall rating of 3 is because i find that the product separates and i get the oily part comes out before the actual primer does. i tried shaking the product and rolling it and squeezing it prior to use but it still has that issue. after two tubes i moved onto urban decay and nars, elf and nyx which do not have an oily separation. thus for the price you pay 3 stars only.

when I applied it for rthe first time it came on nicely but it was a little hard to apply eyeshadow blending it in got harder but overall after working it i managed to do my make up the way i wanted it. the eye primer at the end of the day prevented my eye make up from creasing but my make up did not look the best but ok.

on 7/18/2015 1:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I always have this on hand! It goes on smooth and really keeps your shadow lasting!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start off by saying I got this as a deluxe sample with "The Return of Sexy" palette, so I didn't pay for it. And normally I love Too Faced products (their palettes and eyeliner are AMAZING) but this didn't work for me. I don't know if I got a bum tube or something but it creased almost instantly. It made my shadows a bit brighter but made any blues or purples appear pastel, which was not the look I was going for. I'm also not a fan of cream eye bases, stick formulas (like ELF and Buxom) are easier to use in my opinion, and then I don't feel like I might be wasting product.

I would never pay full price for this, there are much better and cheaper options.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeshadow primer does what it claims... it makes eyeshadow last on my normal eyelids all day without fading or creasing. The price is high but the tube will last you forever since you really only need the tiniest amount. However, as excellent as it is, I still wouldn't repurchase because there are cheaper eyeshadow primers that preform just as well.

on 7/3/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After using this for awhile and then switching between Lorac's eye primer and Urban Decay's eye primer (forgot the name?), I've concluded that Shadow Insurance definitely delivers a crease-free look and my shadows stay put, even after I finish teaching a very sweaty Zumba workout! The only drawback is when you don't use it for a few days, the oil spurts out at first and it's such a waste. It doesn't help much if you shake it either...but I've been using small trial sizes that were included in a couple of eyeshadow palettes, and they've lasted for a long while - like 6+ months! I definitely recommend this!

on 6/25/2015 7:39:00 PM

Great, reliable eyeshadow primer. It sets to a slightly beige-toned dry finish and keeps my eyeshadow on all day. No mess, easy to apply, and doesn't irritate my eyelids.

The staying power is good but it makes my eyelids feel dry and itchy, I definitely prefer Urban decays potion.

on 6/13/2015 12:08:00 AM

This is a great primer for my oily lids, it is more tacky and thick than UDPP. It definitely helps my shadow go on evenly and last all day. Also, a little goes a long way so one tube lasts me about 6 months.