October 31, 2014 | 1644 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Concealer - Medium [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best concealer I have ever come across. I suffer from acne scarring and ocassional breakouts, and this concealer works WONDERS to cover pretty much everything. And it STAYS PUT, isn't cakey and blends in with my skin tone wonderfully. I wear Golden Medium in EM bases, for a reference. If you're looking for a full coverage concealer then I definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I do use this alone over my makeup for acne scars, but I want to give a tip for all you Everyday Mineral-ers that are sick of 3-4 different concealers (I'm not talking about undereye tho).

I used to use Kaolin as a powder to absorb oil, then mint, then intensive medium. On like day 3 I got fed up and emptied out an old loose powder jar and sanitized it.

I took an a flat concealer brush and took a like 3-4 scoops of Kaolin powder in light as my base, mixed in a scoop of mint, a scoop of intensive medium, and a scoop or two of my matte foundation (also for oil control). I shook it until it turned into a dulled down color of my foundation. When I swatched it on my hand it was pretty sheer, but close to my skin tone.

I now use this with a flat top brush (Elf powder, but you can use the Everyday Minerals or any powder brush) and use this as sort of a tinted moisturizer over my liquid primer. It evens out my skintone and takes care of my red patches and some of the acne scars- like a tinted moisturizer.

I know longer have separately use the Kaolin powder and the Mint.

So my morning routine?
    -Wash face
    -Apply liquid primer
    -Use my "tinted primer" blend
    -Apply foundation (blend of matte with little semi for better blendability, light layer of matte for oil control on top)
    -Apply Intensive medium or matte foundation to my acne scars (sometimes I tap my brush into both colors)
    -Apply Natural Reflections finishing powder in light

I find this reduces a couple of steps and I have less jars to carry around in my makeup bag.

And the rest of my face routine- bronzer, blush, eye makeup

Hope this helps :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I LOVE this concealer!!! A use to use this concealer all by itself and loved it, but now I use it over my MAC Studio finish concealer to set it and add extra coverage on top. This stuff is awesome! It just blends right into my skin, and the color is perfect! Great for anything, especially acne scars. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Wow - a concealer that actually conceals! Worx relatively well for my dark undereye circles (EM's Abbott Perk Me up worx the best for this, but if I'm out of that, I use this). When mixed w/ my EM Mint Concealor, this is perfection! It completely eliminates the redness I have on both sides of my nose (broken capillaries), the apples of my cheeks (mild rosacea) and on my chin (mild rosacea) as well as on the occasional pimple. EM Mint turns me too white when used alone.

For lighter discolorations, IC in Medium works well on its own for evening out my skintone. The only negative for me is that on its own, (just like Abbott) this is too drying under my eyes, so I either mix a bit of moisturizer or I use to set my liquid under-eye concealor which bumps up the coverage level.

I use an eyeshadow brush to apply to small areas - coverage is more even and opaque enuf for me that way. Blends w/ my very fair skin seamlessly! For larger areas, I use my EM flat brush. LOVE this stuff!

I use Intensive in Medium during the spring/summer months when I'm a bit darker. I use Intensive in Fair during the fall/witner months when I'm lighter in color. Both work effectively - just depends on the time of year which I use.

HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer was one of the products that I ordered from EM. I have another HG here! The Matte foundation is my new HG & so is this AWSOME concealer! A little goes a long way. Extremely pigmented & I have to also ad that all of the EM products that I tried today are very user friendly & clean. The powders don't fly all over the place like some other mineral make-up does. ALL YOU MINERAL MAKE-UP LOVERS, GIVE EM PRODUCTS A TRY!! I consider myself to be a very skeptical cosmetics consumer. I'm the person that you'll find @ the Sephora & M.A.C. stores 3 times a week, & I feel that EM is a truly amazing company! I was just blown away today. Move over BE!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by soooaps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
    1. Pretty good price for a LOT of product. I bought the full size 5.5g for about $7-8 and it will probably last me until the end of time
    2. Super quick shipping, great customer service, and love the free sample options
    3. A little dark on me, but matched my yellow skin tone decently
    4. Decent in covering up small blemishes and acne marks

Cons:
    1. Basically useless for concealing under-eye bags. This, along with other mineral concealers I have used, usually just ends up accentuating them.
    2. Godawful cheap packaging makes a mess of everything. When I carry this in my purse, powder always tends to leak out. The packaging could really be better!
    3. Believe it or not, this concealer made me break out a little. I always felt a little itchy upon application. Nothing too disastrous, but I did notice that after I stopped using it my skin did improve.

I feel bad for giving Everyday Minerals a bad review since I like the company, but overall, would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin: oily-combo, acne, acne scars. Skin tone: warm medium with Asian yellow undertones. I wear everyday minerals colors in Light, Light neutral, Light medium, and Golden medium. Rimmel- Soft Beige, MAC 30-35.

Package:
    I got this as a sample with 3 other concealers. Intensive medium suits me the most, in terms of color and coverage. I think the sample size is quite a substantial amount especially if it's just for covering small spots, it comes in a 5gm plastic jar if you're just getting the sample.

Texture and color:
    I would describe the color as a light beige with yellowy neutral undertones. I do think it is a tad on the light side, so if you're quite tanned, I recommend going with the tan concealer because this might look like chalk on your skin. I think the color is perfect for me since I tend to go for concealers a shade or two lighter than my skin tone.
    The texture is quite thick powder, making it very good for concealing scars and red marks. But its still silky smooth to touch, but I would not recommend layering it heavily on, it will get cakey.

Application:
    I apply using a stiff lip brush, but I guess you can apply using a concealer brush or even your finger. I apply it before I apply my foundation, I don't even blend it in completely because my buffer brush takes care of that when I put on my foundation. I start with spotting it on my blemishes and layer more if needed, then I blend it out a bit.

Coverage:
    I love this as a spot concealer, it works great for my acne scars and blemishes, it even pretty descent for current zits. No more redness or unsightly spots. But I hate this for undereye, every time I try to use this as an under eye concealer, it cakes and settles into my lines and that's a pretty scary thought considering I don't have noticeably fine lines. I stick to cream/liquid concealers when it comes to my eyes, maybe my under eyes are just too dry.

Staying power:
    I think the staying power is average, it does stay better when I apply it wet and with primer. On my super oily days, this does slip and slide especially if I applied too much. It looks like an awful mess because it cakes and clumps together. But I still really like it as a spot concealer because I know I won't break out from this.

Overall:
    I really like this concealer, I admit its not perfect, but I definitely do not break out from this and I like that it blends in perfectly into my skin leaving me flawless. Most days I just put on some of this stuff and some mineral veil and I'm done.

I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG! Best concealer in this world for me! Even though I'm acne-prone, have lots of post acne scars, but didn't really wear concealer, because I could never get it right. I've tried EMD concealer in Light, multitask, Multi-Intensive, but color wasn't exactly right, if not too light.
    Intensive Medium concealer just becomes my skin!!! I don't even have to blend it. I just pickup some concealer particle from the jar w/ EDM concealer brush (HG also) and just dab it onto my blemishes. I either blending/buffing, or using EDM eye kabuki brush (which is good for highlighting btw) reveals the blemish I've covered. Just dab-tap and voila! imperfection gone!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I discovered this concealer, I used Shiseido's The Makeup liquid concealer. It's great stuff but expensive. My skin is usually okay aside from occassional pimples and some uneven redness on my cheeks so I wanted to find something more affordable. I began exploring the Everyday Minerals line, sampled this concealer, and it's now an indispensable part of my makeup routine.

The website describes this as being ideal for light to medium complexions, which is perfect for my slightly pale asian skintone. I apply it with my Ecotools concealer brush (which is amazing, by the way) and it goes on with flawless texture. It only takes a tiny amount of powder because it is so densely pigmented. Once I've blended it in around the blemish this stuff is practically undetectable on my skin. It's very forgiving too - it layers well but it's impossible to cake on too much because any extra powder won't stick. It's also light enough to use all over the face as a foundation to even out your complexion.

As for value, this stuff can't be beat. A tiny sample-sized pot costs just $2.50 plus shipping and lasts several months for me. Considering how tiny this thing is, I'm floored by how much mileage I get from it. If you apply more heavily, a huge pot is just $8.00 which is still way cheaper than many cheapo drugstore concealers.

I took one lippy off for a few reasons. One, it doesn't stay on all day for me. However, I touch my face a lot (bad, I know) and I've never found a concealer that does stay on all day so no biggie. Another reason is that it can settle into and accentuate fine lines. Lastly, it is no good for dry, flaky skin. The concealer will not stick well to skin that is too dry, and it will accentuate flakes. If your skin is very dry, I highly recommend priming your face with a good non-greasy moisturizer first (your skin doesn't have to be damp or sticky for the foundation to stick, it still works perfectly well on normal bare skin too if you don't have issues with dryness - I hope this makes sense!)

This is definitely a must-have produce for me and I recommend that you give it a try!