November 24, 2014 | 1634 users online

Self Tanners - Nivea - Sunkissed Skin Firming Gradual Tan (body)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by amany12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to self tanner. I love it. It is very easy to apply and the color is subtle and natural. The bottle says to apply everyday for 5 days. I put it on everyday for 3 days and then reapply every 3 days after that. I find that helps keep the color natural, not too dark, and avoids any streaking from fading. The smell is ok, not great, but not awful. I recommend putting it on in the evening and the scent will be gone by morning, or at least after you shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried a lot of these gradual self tanners from all price ranges, including Johnson's, Dove and I got this on a 2 for 1 offer in Boots, originally I was just buying the body moisturiser and picked this up as well. I got it in fair to medium skin. It is really easily absorbed and I use this mainly on my legs. I am in no way any good at applying these fake tanners and normally get streaky ankles/feet but this came up really well. The colour is really natural on me and what I like about this is that it is very buildable. Also, as I shave my legs rather than wax I have noticed that I don't seem to have a build up of colour after a week or so of applying this. I'm not sure about the firming qualities of this as I mainly apply on the lower half of my legs although I read a review of this in You Magazine (UK) where a beauty writer says this is an excellent tanner to use on the face for it's firming qualities. Definitely worth picking up in Boots. A massive bottle as well that will last you all summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I like this a lot, the color is subtle and forgiving - I just slap it on and haven't had streaks at all. No orange or fakeness, more of a sunkissed glow as it promises. It is moisturizing and smooth. And best of all I do not mind the smell at all.Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am naturally a very, very, fair skinned person. I'm always the lightest shade in foundations. As far as fake tanners go, this is my favourite, and I've tried things like St. Tropez but I still prefer this Nivea one over them. I must admit that I like to embrace my fair skin more than I used to, so a gradual tanner is my preferred choice when it comes to fake tans because I like being able to build up the intensity to my preference. One layer of this at night all over my body takes the 'glare' off my stark-white arms and legs and gives my skin a nice, natural and subtle olive tone to it. I can still pull off my light coloured foundations with it but I'm sure if I layered up progressively (which I only do if I'm going on holiday or for a special occasion) that I would need to use a darker one. And it is soooo cheap! It's roughly $6 AUD. In all, love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by coolbeanz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. I am VERY fair-skinned naturally with fairly dark hair, so the contrast between the two made me look drained. I first tried the Coppertone gradual tan lotion, and it worked well, but I hated the packaging because I couldn't get all the product out and ended up wasting a bunch of it. Then I decided to go for Jergen's and it did NOTHING. I finally decided to go with Nivea, and I ended up buying two because Rite-Aid was having a 50% off sale with them. This stuff REALLY WORKS!!! However, I ended up buying the one for Medium to Dark skin tones because I wanted the color to be noticeable. The color actually looks very natural on me, and it only took about 5 days to reach the color I wanted. My only complaint is that it didn't really work too well on my legs for some reason, so I had to apply it to my legs twice a day. Also, I wanted the color to be on my hands without getting it on my palms, so the best method I found was to put some on a cotton ball and apply it all over my hands and I found that it doesn't give me any streaking and it works perfectly! The reason I only gave it a rating of 4 though is because I can't stand the smell! It just smells really strange to me, but other than that it worked great for me. I'm definitely going to keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by RRich

My favourite gradual tanner for the body!

Absorbs well, pleasant scent, firms and gives a natural looking tan. Perfect for before or after your holidays to start off or top up a beachy glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

it does stink a bit like off prune or something! but the lotion is so good, ive been using this for 5 days now and i have a significant change in skin colour; just like it says sunkissed!! just have to remember to ALWAYS wash the hands, after smearing it on my body for the first two days, and my hands were already a browny colour!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by cowbeIIyoursocksoff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this lotion. I think it is better than the majority of gradual tanning lotions out there, mainly because the smell is not as offensive. It is kind of sweet, a little peachy, and does not tend to linger throughout the day as I've noticed with other brands. The tanning is pretty gradual but I do notice a difference, especially when I stop using it for a few days. I have pale skin with yellow undertones, so without a little bit of color I tend to look sickly. I use the medium-dark version because I notice more of a difference. It doesn't turn me orange at all. I do wish it came in a bigger bottle because I go through it so fast. Also, it would be nice if it were cheaper but I guess it is the same price or maybe a bit lower than similar products so it doesn't bother me too much. I buy this whenever I run out, it is now a staple of mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by SarahLuvsLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this tan every week even though i dont think its the best tan out there but its jus afordable and It doesnt come off on ur clothes or beddin unlike most faketans. It does come with a nasty smell tho but once you hav a shower the smell disapares. I find i need to apply this tan twice befor i get the colour that i want x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

I'm always trying different sunless tanners and this was one that I had not used yet. The smell isn't as bad as some self tanners, but it still isn't the best. I was really disappointed when after two days of applying I actually had some slight streaking and spots I apparently completely missed. I think I'm going to stick with my L'oreal Sublime Glow lotion.