October 31, 2014 | 909 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - No7 Shine Free Make-Up Base

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm someone who has extremely oily skin and HAS to wear primer on a daily basis. However, no mattifier, primer, foundation, powder, setting spray, etc. has ever controlled my oil all day. And I must say that this primer is no exception. I pretty much just used this primer up just for the sake of getting my money's worth, and I will not be repurchasing it. I can tell that it might work for those that may have normal or slightly oily skin, but for people who have very oily skin, this will just not do. Even with a well-performing and oil-combating foundation, I still had to blot my face after a few hours.The feeling of this primer isn't even that great; it's rather dry and almost gritty in texture. Also, it didn't do anything for filling in my pores or even smoothing out the texture of my skin, which doesn't even need much smoothing to begin with.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

This primer is awesome. My 3rd fave (body shop primer and Estée Lauder matte primer). It does dry fast so you will need to work quickly when using it. I didn't have a problem with it being chalky or smelly, as other have said. When I used it it was nice and creamy but I did realise the hard way that it does dry super quick! Worth a try if your on the fence, I quite like it and I have super acne prone oily skin 😊 hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by stars22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a habit of staying away from primers mostly because I have oily skin and primers aren't my best friend. When I put this on, it was a bit tricky to apply. I have makeup sponges and applied the product quickly in sections (on my chin, then once cheek, then the other, then my forehead, so on). The texture is a bit chalky and pasty, but that's because it really dries fast. This absolutely helps my oily skin. Keeps my makeup lasting longer with a matte finish and keeps it shine free. I have the most trouble with my T-zone, particularly my nose, and I was actually shocked to see that this product controlled the oil there fairly well. I don't have to repowder or blot much with this product. I don't know if this would work on people with dry skin, but it works for me. This is my favorite primer and the price is reasonable for the quality of the product (it's not cheap, but not expensive either, though I got mine 50% off). I would definitely buy this again and again and it'll definitely be an essential for me. I love this thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I don't know why people are saying its "chalky,smelly,thick,rough texture" because the one I bought is odorless and creamy! You do have to spread it fast because it drys fast it does not make my face feel bad at all . I have very very oily skin and this does keep me shine free longer and also keeps make up looking nice all day! If you have oily skin I do recommend this !

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by missjc75

This is defintely the best primer for combating shine I have tried - it keep your skin matte and makes your make-up stay in place all day, it's marvellous! 2 downsides though: it is quite a thick, chalky consistency. You therefore have to spread it quick (patting it in is better). Therefore if you have flaky skin, this product won't be your friend. Secondly, the product leaves a white film on your face so you appear slightly paler than usual. Annoying if you have a tan or have applied fake tan. However, as it's such a good mattifying product, I would still buy this again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by SliceofLimeMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is like my very own miracle in a tube!! For someone who has thee oiliest skin ever this is fab.. I have tried several other much more expensive primers and found that they have not worked at all.. This keeps my skin matte much longer.. I can now go several hours before i have to re-powder my face.. The texture is slighlty strange and you do have to be careful applying.. I use a flat foundation brush.. But be careful not to over brush as it sort of goes bitty on your face.. I think its around 10.50 which is excellent price.. Will be adding this to my MUA kit definitly..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Provides a great base for foundation and helps blemishes disappear but is very hard to spread around the face

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BeckyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that this primer is not for everyone. It can be very tricky to work with and there are certain techniques that make it easier to apply. The primer itself has a very thick and creamy texture to it- almost like toothpaste. If too much is applied, you will definitely get a white, chalky look. Also, using too much at once will cause the primer to pill. I've found that dabbing a little bit onto my face and working a section at a time helps with both of these issues. If you have somewhat dry skin, you might want to try applying a moisturizer beforehand. Now, this may sound like too much of a hassle, but to me the results are definitely worth it. I have very oily skin- an hour after I wash my face, it looks like an oil slick- and this is the ONLY primer that has helped cut down on shine. I can go 3-4 hours without having to reach for my blotting papers when I use this under my makeup. It also helps extend how long my makeup stays put on my face. The price point is right on target for budget shoppers ~$10 for 1.3 ounces. Since a little goes a long way with this product, you really get your money's worth. All in all, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin who wants to avoid shine. The price and performance more than make up for the hassle of application.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the price, I actually like this primer. I've had bad experiences with drugstore primers but I wanted to try one again, so I gave this a go. It's definitely a weird, thick texture, but I blend quickly over small areas and it does fine. I don't have problems with white streaks or it balling up under makeup. It's fine for what I need, which is to make my makeup stay on and look smooth. I have oily skin and when it's hot out makeup just slides right off. I think this is a good buy and I'd repurchase if I ran out and couldn't find something else I like more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I bought this a while back, thought it was really thick back then (think cement) but worked with it in various different ways and I was never totally happy with the results. I dug it out this morning and put my makeup on exactly the same as yesterday when I'd been told I looked fabulous (this doesn't happy that often nowadays so my head swelled up) - same foundation, powder etc. only difference being the primer. It's five hours later and my skin looks dreadful. I look washed out so in the bin it goes.