October 2, 2014 | 1112 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Kanebo - SENSAI CP Brightening Make-Up Base

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not very sure what it does. It doesn't noticeably extend the longevity of CP cream foundation, neither does it hide pores/wrinkles. Probably a good moisturising base not really worth what it costs. You can live without it. I always use a moisturiser underneath and don't feel anything special about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Passerine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product does double duty for me as a primer and a moisturizer. My face doesn't need a heavy moisturizer -- a light touch is perfect. This base goes on smoothly (a pea-sized drop is enough), absorbs quickly, doesn't block my pores, and gives a mild "pearly" finish to my skin. And it's an excellent base for my Kanebo cellular performance cream foundation.

It is pricey -- the Kanebo label alone should let you know it's a high end product -- but it works beautifully. The only downside is the opaque packaging means I don't know how much is left. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great primer for dry skin.
Paired with the CP cream foundation it gives a beautiful lustre to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Harumi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I suggest this primer for every girl with dry skin, cause is very hydrating and keeps your face moisturized for hours.
The formula contains silicones and some shimmering are noticeable, it's a light white cream who leave your face even, velvety looking and smooth.
Brightening make up is also a great anti-aging treatment paired with kanebo sensai skincare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first primer I've used with a texture I really like. No sillicon. In fact, the SA at the Le Metier counter said never to use primer under their foundation but when I said this one, they said that was the exception. I can see a little glow under my foundation with this, the foundation goes on smoother and it seems to stay put really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just received a bunch of Kanebo products to try and this is the first one I am reviewing because I particularly LOVE primers. I tried this immediately. This is a very cool and innovative product. It's sheer, moisturizing and matte, yet it still beautifully illuminates the skin and prepares it for better, easier makeup application. It doesn't replace serums, moisturizers or foundation, but it holds moisture in, makes foundation go on smoother and stay more flawless a lot longer and it brightens the skin in a nice, subtle, non-shimmery way. EXCELLENT product concept. Something I will definitely rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually don't wear primers so I can't compare it to other primers. I think that I had only Shiseido's primer long ago (it was quite good, but maybe a bit too thick) and I tried some samples of La Prairie's primer (which I haven't liked at all - sticky and without effect!)...I purchased Kanebo Brightening Make-up Base few months ago and I have found it a pretty good, "no nonsense" primer which can be easily worn every day. It is rather weightless, really light and not sticky, not heavy on the face...it is white in a bottle but transparent when you spread it over the face; not exactly shimmery, just discreetly pearly, I would say. Doesn't give any spectacularly better or too glamourous look and it is quite "invisible"...but it fixes a foundation a bit better and gives just a slightly more polished/clearer complexion look. I would say it is a nice, light make-up base for every day if you don't want shimmery, noticeable primers and if you hate too many layers on your face (this is light and not sticky, as I said). 30 ml in a bottle with a pump - nice packaging. Maybe a bit overpriced like everything by Kanebo.