Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder

3.2

Talc, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Myristate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, Sapphire Powder. [May Contain/, Peut Contenir/+/-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica].

I was using Rimmels Stay Matte powder previous to this powder, which was my HG powder as a teen as my skin would get so so so oily!

Ive started to notice now that I'm coming out of my teenage years that my skin actually rarely gets oily, if at all, so I decided to try out a different powder!

I stuck with Rimmel as I find their products are always great quality and really reasonably priced also!

I picked up their Clear Complexion powder and I have to say I'm really enjoying using it! I'm not so sure about the 'clear complexion' part, but to be honest I didn't buy this powder because it said 'clear complexion' I brought it because it looked like a nice, light, sheer powder and the colour was close to my skin colour!

It does mattify my skin but not as obviously as the 'Stay Matte' powder and I also feel this powder is a lot lighter in consistency and the coverage is minimal!

This is exactly what I was looking for in a powder, something to slightly mattify but really just to set my foundation with and I feel like this does the job well.

The only downside is the packaging, god forbid you drop this powder, the plastic lid will almost certainly crack, along with the powder in it which means your powder will spill everywhere which is so fustrating! I much prefer powders with flip and clip lids but I know this type of plastic casing is common in drugstore powders!

on 12/21/2014 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

The best powder I have ever tried. I used to think the best makeup was the pricey stuff. I've tried clarins, clinique and Chanel powders and none can compare to this one. It's 3.99 in the uk. Lasts for ages and keeps me matte. Only have to touch up once. Makes my skin feel velvety smooth and really makes me look and feel matte. Gives the most perfect finish to my makeup. I use over bare minerals which is lovely stuff but can leave me slightly oily without powder. Give this a go it really works!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really didn't like it, did not offer finish for up to five hours. My face was left greasy and obvious I was wearing powder as it left a white chalky cast off.

Pros

Cheapish

Cons

Packaging
Castoff

on 10/17/2014 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have bought this product three times because it works very well for me. I think it's stands strong to it's 5 hour promise and on a good day I would say it works significantly longer, this is particularly impressive for myself because I have fairly oily skin and it stays matte for the promised 5 hours (though you would obviously need a top up after sports!) and it also provides some coverage. I really didn't like the packaging because the plastic lid is extremely brittle and the second time I bought it, it was because the lid shattered on my first one. Other than the packaging I think this is a brilliant product, especially for the amazing price!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you are looking for a translucent powder to set your foundation...this will be perfect for you.
I use this powder daily to set my MAC Studio Fix Foundation...and it works brilliantly.

As Studio Fix Foundation provides high coverage, I feel I do not need to add to the coverage, but I do need to set my foundation as I have skin that's on the oily side.

At 3.99 GBP, this is a great addition to the make up bag, rather than forking out for a 'high end' translucent powder which could set you back 15 GBP.

on 12/5/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This powder just does not stay on your face, sweat a little bit and it cakes and looks, well, damn awful. It offers no real coverage and when you attempt to build any coverage or cover blemishes it's so obvious you're wearing powder you may as well not bother, I think it's because the powder isn't finely milled. The powder I use now (BareMinerals Matte foundation) is 6 times the price (ouch!) but you can see the difference and it stays on all day.
Definitely never buying Rimmel again, horrible powder.

on 11/13/2013 10:14:00 AM

This powder was well.. Cheap. It cakes very easily and is very noticeable that you are wearing powder. It barely gives you any colour at all.. The only good thing about this product is that it mattifies your skin for a pretty long time! The worst part about this product.. The packaging! The packaging on mine has completely smashed and I have to carry it around in a plastic bag now! Very cheap packaging. I will not be repurchasing this and I guess it is true.. You get what you pay for!!!!!!!

on 5/25/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! i have extremely dry skin and my prescribed moisturizer is extremely oily, I bought this product as it is made with minerals which are good for the skin, i have had very minimal spots, and the ones i have had have been when i applied more foundation than usual, it gives a great matte finish and i dont have to worry about it being too dark or light for my skin tone. the only down point is that doesnt make my skin completely matte but a slight shine makes my skin looks glowing and healthy! Great Product!!!!

on 3/30/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I think this works amazingly well for my oily skin, I highly recommend this to people with skin like myself, gives a lovely matte finish, can't see it at all ontop of my foundation and bronzer and keeps my skin shine free, baring in mind I use a primer and oil free foundation. I like it gives my skin a natural finish ontop of my makeup, I get quite a bit of attention wearing it as it really makes my skin look great when I've been at work and busy all day. I'd buy it and I'm not normally the type to write reviews but with the price too I was well impressed normally I only buy high up store brands of makeup.

Worth it in my opinion, was surprised to see not so great reviews about this and I rate it so highly myself.

on 11/16/2012 4:09:00 PM

My shade: 021 Transparent

Pros:
Covers shine well.
Lasts for a few hours.
Covers imperfections fairly well too.

Cons:
Not many shade choices.
This is the lightest colour, but was still pretty orange on me.
Can cake a little.
Sometimes hard to pick up product.
Packaging isn't too great.

Recommended for Normal Skin