November 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didn't like it, did not offer finish for up to five hours. My face was left greasy and obvious I was wearing powder as it left a white chalky cast off.

Pros

Cheapish

Cons

Packaging
Castoff

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Maya40

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought this product three times because it works very well for me. I think it's stands strong to it's 5 hour promise and on a good day I would say it works significantly longer, this is particularly impressive for myself because I have fairly oily skin and it stays matte for the promised 5 hours (though you would obviously need a top up after sports!) and it also provides some coverage. I really didn't like the packaging because the plastic lid is extremely brittle and the second time I bought it, it was because the lid shattered on my first one. Other than the packaging I think this is a brilliant product, especially for the amazing price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by GlowKitten01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for a translucent powder to set your foundation...this will be perfect for you.
I use this powder daily to set my MAC Studio Fix Foundation...and it works brilliantly.

As Studio Fix Foundation provides high coverage, I feel I do not need to add to the coverage, but I do need to set my foundation as I have skin that's on the oily side.

At 3.99 GBP, this is a great addition to the make up bag, rather than forking out for a 'high end' translucent powder which could set you back 15 GBP.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder just does not stay on your face, sweat a little bit and it cakes and looks, well, damn awful. It offers no real coverage and when you attempt to build any coverage or cover blemishes it's so obvious you're wearing powder you may as well not bother, I think it's because the powder isn't finely milled. The powder I use now (BareMinerals Matte foundation) is 6 times the price (ouch!) but you can see the difference and it stays on all day.
Definitely never buying Rimmel again, horrible powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by hannah2346

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder was well.. Cheap. It cakes very easily and is very noticeable that you are wearing powder. It barely gives you any colour at all.. The only good thing about this product is that it mattifies your skin for a pretty long time! The worst part about this product.. The packaging! The packaging on mine has completely smashed and I have to carry it around in a plastic bag now! Very cheap packaging. I will not be repurchasing this and I guess it is true.. You get what you pay for!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bella912

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this powder! i have extremely dry skin and my prescribed moisturizer is extremely oily, I bought this product as it is made with minerals which are good for the skin, i have had very minimal spots, and the ones i have had have been when i applied more foundation than usual, it gives a great matte finish and i dont have to worry about it being too dark or light for my skin tone. the only down point is that doesnt make my skin completely matte but a slight shine makes my skin looks glowing and healthy! Great Product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by nicoledee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this works amazingly well for my oily skin, I highly recommend this to people with skin like myself, gives a lovely matte finish, can't see it at all ontop of my foundation and bronzer and keeps my skin shine free, baring in mind I use a primer and oil free foundation. I like it gives my skin a natural finish ontop of my makeup, I get quite a bit of attention wearing it as it really makes my skin look great when I've been at work and busy all day. I'd buy it and I'm not normally the type to write reviews but with the price too I was well impressed normally I only buy high up store brands of makeup.

Worth it in my opinion, was surprised to see not so great reviews about this and I rate it so highly myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ofjune

My shade: 021 Transparent

Pros:
Covers shine well.
Lasts for a few hours.
Covers imperfections fairly well too.

Cons:
Not many shade choices.
This is the lightest colour, but was still pretty orange on me.
Can cake a little.
Sometimes hard to pick up product.
Packaging isn't too great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Really great setting powder, does what I want it to. It keeps my face matte all day and sets liquid foundation flawlessly. Also, it's at a great price! I would choose this over any MAC powder as the quality is excellent and the value is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover321

I use this to sometime set my foundation and concealer. Sometimes you can just brush it all around my face before I run out the door. This powder does not break me out which normally most powders do. I really do recommend this.