July 31, 2014 | 1715 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Redness Solutions Daily Relief Moisture Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGio

I really don't know if I am going to purchase this again. It's a nice heavy moisturizer for the winter and it's soothing for my skin but not sure that it is doing anything to reduce redness and blotchiness and it's not so nice that I feel it is worth the amount of money. I will use this up and then really have to decide if it is worth it to re-purchase. I am not sure that I will want to still use this outside of the winter as it is a very heavy moisturizer. The good thing is that a tiny bit does go a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have roseacea and extremely sensitive skin and this cream made my cheeks burn and the redness only got worse. Every single Clinique product I've used has irritated my skin and left me with a burning sensation and increased redness. I am done with trying Clinique products and am going to move on to natural products from lush which seem to help with my redness and cost a fraction of a cost of Clinique products. Definitely get a sample first before purchasing this product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No redness reduction what so ever and when i apply the cream the redness becomes worse for a short period of time and i look very shiny but both issues disapear after half an hour or so.I do like the cream anyway as it melts in to your skin and leaves it soft and matte.Would i buy this again? I realy don,t know right now as i,m only using it for a short while and it's quite expensive.I will finish this jar and then decide , yes or no!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by justloz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't really understand all the negative reviews! I love this cream. I used to have quite blotchy and red skin until I started using this about a month ago. Now my skin looks flawless even without makeup! The trick is to only use a tiny dab of it, as it is quite a potent moisturizer.
Although it is great for my skin, it tends to smell a little like paint which isn't very pleasant to put on your face. It is also quite expensive. However, I believe the positives outweigh the negatives and I will continue to use this :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When i wore this my face was less red then usual but its way too thick and oily and it breaks me out everytime i wear it. The smell is also a bit wierd

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by theliv07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Alright, I bought this product about 8-9 months ago in hopes of reducing the appearance of my blotchy red cheeks and have been using it religiously every night since. At the time I was under the impression this product was for long term improvement, but looking back at Clinique's website it (vaguely) describes the product as a short term, day-to-day skin calmer. Either way, I haven't really experienced a reduction of redness to my cheeks, right after putting the product on or otherwise. I continued to use it however, because I had no other moisturizer and this one wasn't irritating my skin, so why not? Besides it not doing what I thought it was supposed to do, my other complaint is the packaging; because it is in a pot rather than a pump, it can easily let in acne-causing bacteria. The product lasts a while; I'm almost done with the pot after 8 months, but then again I only use it at night.
The short of it: an average moisturizer I will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this for years and repurchased several times. This product contains caffeine, so it does reduce redness on contact by constricting blood vessels, but it doesn't really provide any long term benefits. It is good for soothing a rosacea flare-up, and in winter I can use it as a daily moisturizer for night. It is way too heavy for day or for summer. I wish they made a lighter lotion version of it. I'm not a big fan of the Clinique jar packaging for moisturizers. I use a clean foundation brush (the paddle type) to apply it so at least I'm not sticking my fingers in it. It doesn't have a really long shelf life once opened, eventually the green cream will start to look a little brownish. I have no idea if that really has any effect or if it is like how guacamole turns brown, but I toss it once that happens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cream is kind of a bummer. And I really, REALLY wanted it to replace my more expensive creams because I am really into the whole redness reducer innovation and wanted it to work in conjunction with other similar products. But alas, not only is it not on the same level as many other creams in which are in the same price range, but I just don't get any beneficial aspects to using this product. Le sigh.

Does it moisturize? Sure. But what lotion doesn't? At $45 a pop for a little over 1 ounce it certainly isn't do enough in the skin revolution field to constitute that price! And what kills me the most here is that it actually is chalk full of skin loving anti-oxidants but alas, the cr@p jar packaging kills off all possibility of benefits; much like my beloved Hydrationalist by Lauder, the jar packaging only serves as a benefit eraser. Dude, its called a tube with the accompaniment of a screw cap - utilize it! Because if you do, it will seal in the beneficial ingredients and all miraculous claims will then have a fighting chance. But unlike other jar moisturizers such as Hydrationalist, Anciene, etc., this one from Clinique doesn't even leave the skin quite as silky.

I for sure will not be returning to repurchase. Nope, I can get lotions and creams for $5-$10 which give the same results as this did.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by christieehuynh

For the price of this, i certainly expected more of it. I found after using this particular moisturizer, my face goes red much more easier. It may be just my skin, but i certainly won't be buying this product again. I'm around 16 with sensitive skin, and although my face goes a bit red when i use it, assuming because of a allergic reaction, but it goes red randomly when i'm talking to people.
This has not happened with other moisturizers. It is quite good in the sense of hydration, but the redness solution, not so well. I actually wanted a sample, but the Clinque at Myers told me that they did not, so it was worth a shot. not again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by loveloven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gives lots of moisture without upsetting my very sensitive skin.
I think the quality of my skin has gotten a lot better since I've started using this.
One of the best moisturisers I've ever tried.