April 25, 2014 | 921 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Series Teflon Coated Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron, 1 inch

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I first brought this straightener back in 2006, at the time it was all I could afford at only $60AUD and plus I didn't know any better.
I have long, black, thick straight Asian hair (I didn't have the dead straight hair, but they definitely weren't wavy or curly). Back then I didn't use a straightener every day, just on day that I wake up and my hair was a little odd. I remember this took soo long to heat up to the right temperature, it literally took 20min each morning to wait just for the straightener to heat up.
I remember the qaulity of straightness (if there such word) were in no way a match against straighteners like GHD(Which I eventually did get 2 years later!) or Cloud Nine. It did ok, if there was like bump or kink in your hair it was straighten/reduce it, but it wont flatten it.
I remember every year I would always have to repurchase my straightener again, I find with these straightener, they lose the heat after long term use, it just never heated up to the same high temperature it did when I first brought it.
I'm now using a GHD, and most likely never going to go back to Remington. I find, if others had the same issues like me, in having to replace this like a cycle. I think you might as well bite the bullet and get something more guaranteed, cause eventually when I worked how much I was spending replacing my Remington, I was just $20 away from owning my own GHD, which has not yet disappointed me in the last 3.5 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by withthisstar

So I broke my $150 (give or take) Corioliss POS iron.....and had to buy a replacement...so I took the drive out to target to get a temporary...I ended up picking up the Remington Teflon coated one. Now I am THE SKEPTIC when it comes to flattening irons. I'm the girl with the beached to s*** hair. And not only have I completely damaged my hair....but naturally its frizzy, wavy, thick, and coarse. I get a PERMANENT kink in my hair...from having a 5 minute ponytail. I have the plethora of bad hair traits. I have tried EVERYTHING to flat iron my hair while PRAYING its touchable or even soft feeling. (Let alone the boo-koo bucks I've spent on hair care). So ANYWAYS back to the iron. Now I have iron all of my hair and I HAD to get on here to leave a review it was THAT amazing. Note that I haven't been on here in awhile....and I haven't done VERY many reviews....this iron was AMAZING enough I had to get on here and let all of you know. My hair was kinked (from a hair band and headband), frizzy, dry as hell, and still fried. I opened up the iron threw it through my hair and BLAM amazing results. SLID RIGHT OVER MY SPLIT ENDS without pulling or ripping....AMAZING. Even if this iron breaks in 6 months....I would NOT mind going out and buying a new one for $40. Note: I have to be up for work in less then 6 hours....and I had to get on here....just to write this. If you need an rion at a good price that does AMAZING things......go buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A flat iron is not something I use everyday. I mostly just needed something for touch-ups on bad hair days. This definitely fits the bill!! Wow does it get HOT. None of the other flat irons I have owned seemed to get hot enough to work on my thick hair. Very satisfied with this purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by cindita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've seen a lot of good reviews on this product, however I think because of my course, layered hair, the iron didnt seem to glide through my hair as smoothly as I wanted. It also has a weird smell that I didnt like.
Ever since I got this iron as a Christmas present, I've been wanting to find a new one.

I say, give it a try.. its a new technology and it might work well on your hair.
I've looked up a lot of good reviews on it, its just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly, slightly thick hair. I was excited to try this because it says it causes less damage. Well, I assure you, this lives up to the claim. And the Teflon isn't weird or anything, it glides right through your hair, no snags or anything. I like that the straightener tells you when its hot enough, no guess work. It takes awhile for it to get to the heat setting I put it at, but I'm never in a rush (I mean, I have to spend all the time to straighten my hair anyway, so what's a minute or so?).

As for straightening, it straightens just like the Chi, striaght, but no shine. My hair is slightly soft (def. softer than the Chi), but I put product in it to make it so much softer (oh, yes, I ALWAYS use heat protectant, no matter what the straightener), but its not sleek at all, & it gets poofy after awhile. Also, even though this is an inch, the actualy striaghtener is bulk, making it hard to maneuver and get close to the scalp.

Overall, I kept using it 'cause I don't straighten my hair that much anyway, but I've been looking for a straightener & I've found one. It does a better job, but doesn't protect :[, & it was cheap, but I'm still on the hunt for the HG one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To start, I wouldn't buy this again because I think there are definitely better flat irons out there. But I needed one that is affordable right now (I'm in college) and this was $35 at Target. It quickly straightens my hair without making it limp or burnt looking. I've used more expensive ones that make my hair much shinier, but since I rarely straighten my hair, this works for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

wow, I never thought I would be one of those people to say that I am in love with a beauty tool, but I am with this. I have used a few irons in my day. Two revlon perfect heat ones. They both did their job well, but died....and quickly at that. Then I used conair infiniti for awhile, but it began to snag and tear my hair so much, even when I was super gentle, that it began to look like I had little tiny broken hairs poking out all over my head. Oh, wait, no I really DID get little tiny broken hairs on my head from that iron. Then the remington protect and shine. Worked great, but the plates were only 3/4 inch and took too long to straighten. Along came this one. Wow. It glided through my hair. I tried to make it tear hair, just to see if it would, and it wouldn't. It smoothed down the broken hairs from the infiniti and curled the ends of my bob under wonderfully. And the best of all, no broken hairs anywhere, at all, in the bathroom when I was done. Something conair could never do. Also, I normally have to turn every flat iron I use up to the highest temp. I have fine hair, but it is verythick and it is surprisingly resistant to heat straightening. This iron has 30 settings and the highest temp is 410 F on setting 30. I do not know if it is the teflon fabric on the plates, by it works very well on 15, which is only 205 F. A nice surprise, now I can use less heat on my hair and still get it bone straight. UPDATE: so when I tried it out last night, I just glided it through my already straightened hair. This morning I sectioned my hair off and did it. Though I did not wash my hair last night, I still have to touch up in the morning with a warm iron to get any flips and weird curves out that happen when I sleep. It made me hair smooth, yet with still some volume. Even better than last night. I also noticed a few hairs in the sink this time. But, they had the white bulb on the end and were the normal shedded hairs that I see on occasion when I style and comb my hair. No big deal, they weren't broken so I was happy. I also noticed that this iron smells weird when on, not bad at all, just weird. I guess it is the teflon coating on it. It does not, however, smell like it is burning like my conair did. I am still extremely happy with this iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this product yesterday and used it this morning to do my hair. I was very pleased with the overall performance. First, it heats up very quickly. I like the on/off button and that the temperature is adjustable from 1 to 30, the max temp is 410F. I am African American and I have long, thick chemically straightened, color treated hair. I am very particular about what I use on my hair, because of the potential for breakage due to the double process.

I have used several flat irons before and they all snagged and pulled my hair. This one did not. It did not pull my hair at all! I even tried to make it snag and it didn't. I was able to flat iron my entire head of hair in less than 20 mins!! I couldn't believe it. My hair came out smooth and shiny. I could have worn it straight, but decided to add curls at to the ends. This iron also makes nice curls, but I used curlers instead.

I purchased this at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It was $44.00 and I used a 20% off coupon and the final cost was $35.99. I went to B3 looking to buy a T3 or CHI and decided to try this one instead. I was very pleased with my decision and used the extra money to purchase a fancy mirror to use when applying makeup.

The iron heated quickly. I only need to go over each section once. I used heat setting 15. My hair was so smooth and shiny, my husband just had to run his fingers through it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Michawn

I REALLY wanted to love this, because I wanted to find the "right" iron for my hair. First off, the sound that your hair makes going through this is odd, epecially if you've had an iron before, it's just odd. And honestly it took several passes to make it straight. I wish the pad were closer to 3/4 inch, as it was a bulky item even with the "smaller" 1inch. It was too hard for me to hold (carpal tunnel type injury in hands) without some discomfort as the handle is BIG! The dial and the heat was easy to reach though, it went back to Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Trixie

This is a fantastic iron. I bought and returned the super expensive GHD and have had a CHI and Sedu for many years. After reading the reviews here and stumbling upon this iron at Walmart I decided to give it a try. It is truly fantastic for my course highlighted wavy hair. It heats up very quickly and really smooths and straightens my hair better than any other iron. Also great for curling my ends under. It seems to be excellent quality. Will update if anything changes but for now it is holy grail!!!