Cover Girl TRUblend Liquid Makeup (12/2007 reformulation)

3.1

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG- 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

As someone constantly looking for consistent, non-fail foundations, this one hits the mark very nicely.
I know that this foundation has been recently reformulated, and I haven't tried that version; I got an "older" version of this foundation on sale. Immediately, I gravitated towards the lightest shade. I'm as light as one can get in the winter, so it's quite the lottery game to constantly have to find foundations that actually match my winter face. The shade 405 in the 1 category seemed promising, so I picked it up and began to use it as a replacement, once I've run out of my previous winter foundation.
The color is excellent; I do not have any oxidizing problems with this foundation. That's a huge plus for me. The fair color that was inside the bottle was pretty much what ended up being on my face. A+. Unfortunately, there really is no system in the older version of the line for undertones; this particular one, as most pale foundations do, happened to have a neutral/cool shade. I happen to be warm-toned. Personally, I didn't mind, since my skin is so light it's hard to tell, but if that's something that is an issue for you, then you may want to seek alternatives.
TruBlend has a very thin texture. It's not so liquidy that it never dries, yet its consistency is on the thinner side. I enjoyed that, because a little goes a much longer way this way. In this case, the coverage is light-medium. It's not completely sheer, and it will cover minor breakouts along with evening your skintone. I particularly liked its finish; it feels very natural on the skin, not heavy or like it clogs my pores. My skin could breathe, per sé, in this foundation.
Its staying power is also impeccable! I keep my face makeup on anywhere from 12 to 20 hours per day, and this foundation stays with me through the whole day. I've even woken up from naps with perfect face makeup. For a product which doesn't claim to be longwearing, with some powder it is easily capable of withstanding any daily travails.
The pump bottle is always very much appreciated for liquid foundations. Also, its drugstore price tag of like $6-$7 is hard to beat! I got the outdated version on sale, and I'm not sure if that's still circulating or not, but you can get the previous formula (the one I just reviewed) for no more than $4. Covergirl has been a hit or miss line for me, but this one was definitely a hit. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I highly recommend.

on 7/20/2014 9:37:00 PM

My biggest problem is the smell. It smells absolutely putrid. Along with that it doesn't cover anything. I have near perfect skin but sometimes a little coverage is needed. It's literally colored liquid paint. Without any actual coverage.

on 6/25/2014 10:03:00 AM

I have purchased this product twice for one simply reason: it is the only foundation I can usually find that has a shade that suits my winter skin. I am incredibly fair, yet in winter I always seem to fade to lighter than the "ivory" shades of most brands.

The actual product, however, is average. It is not a full coverage makeup. At all.

I actually mix this foundation with a small pump of my Revlon Colour Stay to add a bit of warmth to my complexion, thicken the texture and add more coverage. In winter I add two pumps of cover girl for every pump of revlon, when I am a bit darker I add a tiny pump just to lighten and thin to the revlon. On its own it is very thin and watery, and I do not feel properly covered. If the result is so sheer you may as well not have put any on, there really is no point using it.

Pros:
- Colour range
- Affordable
* I can not comment on the longevity of the foundation throughout a normal day as I do not use it on it's own.

Cons:
- Too sheer for adequate coverage.
- I hate the packaging. Pump bottles are super annoying, as it is hard to make use of all your product. I prefer tubes or bottles.

Overall:
It suits its purpose for my use, but I would not recommend this product as a sole foundation. Also if anyone has pale girl friendly foundation they swear by PLEASE shoot me a message. I am yet to find one I am happy with.

on 6/16/2014 1:58:00 PM

I bought the new packaging one yesterday. This is not a keeper for me. I tried out one pump and it made my skin look weird. It didn't cover anything! I'm disappointed. But if u have perfect skin u might have better luck than I did. If u want coverage don't buy this foundation

on 6/4/2014 9:13:00 PM

This foundation is amazing! It's the perfect texture (not too thick) and covers up my smaller blemishes without concealer. I actually am not much of a makeup person, so I mix this foundation with my moisterizer a lot because it's not as heavy on my non makeup face.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't normally write reviews on foundations from Covergirl and don't normally buy their products at all; I haven't purchased foundation from Covergirl since I was in Junior High (ladies and gentlemen, that really was a long time ago in makeup-years...). Anyway, I found this at Walgreens and the lightest shade and a few others were marked down enough for me to give it a look. At $5, the least I could do was try it. Granted, at other places such as Walmart and Rite Aid this foundation is about $10. I have the Trublend with "Blendable Minerals" in 405 Ivory and it is the perfect shade match to my neck so I've been wearing it lately and love it. Not only is it a great match but it blends seamlessly and flawlessly to the point of looking like my skin but better - like that Junior High skin I had back then that didn't need a drop of makeup. I love the consistency - it's thin but not too thin and it gives medium coverage (at best) and with concealer, this is an almighty heck of a foundation. I use a flat-top powder brush from ELF to apply and set with a silica powder. True, it is pale for me as my face is naturally much darker than my neck but with some contouring and blush, I look really healthy and alive. It stays put through my work days and then some. It hasn't caused any breakouts since I bought it (most Covergirl foundations were like smearing butter on my face in the early days). The pump packaging is nice, too. I know I'm the minority but I do love this and I'll keep this review as a reference when I'm getting burned out on Colorstay, True Match, Coverall, and the like. This stuff is A+. (Oh, too, I like that this smells like actual makeup and not that faux Noxema scent that Covergirl's foundation normally carries - if only it were truly cruelty free!)

Eh this product is alright i have younger skin but i have really red cheeks. I have 1or2 zits here and there. This product wasnt that good on its own so i mixed it with maybelline fit me because they made the perfect shade. Together they were alright gave me good coverage but i had to put on a good amount of powder to make me matte

on 10/24/2013 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Why has this foundation got so bad reviews? I think it is fantastic. The color 405 ivory is perfect and it is fragrance free (I have got serious fragrance allergies). Lasts all day on my normal to combo skin (I powder it with covergirl clean sensitive powder in 220 creamy natural or laura mercier invisible loose powder). It is a bit thick and matte for my liking but i mix it with cetaphil moisturising cream and its just perfect. Product gets stuck in the pump sometimes but since the formulation is awesome i dont really care about packaging. It does leave a bit of a white cast in photos (due to titanium dioxide in it) but i can make it work by putting the covergirl sensitive powder i mentioned on top which has got coverage/color and helps cancel out the white ghost face.

on 10/13/2013 3:05:00 PM

I bought this in the shade 415 and when first applying it the color and coverage was fine-a more dewy finish. Within five minutes it would turn orange on my face. I continued to use it and it broke me out on my forehead so badly. After about six months I stopped using it because it continued to break me out. Three months later I tried using it once more for fun and it made my skin sting! Would not recommend this product.

My overall thoughts on this product aren't very impressive. I tend to be a bit of a foundation junkie and always excited about trying low end/high end products. However this product was bottom of the barrel GROSS !.

I applied this product over my new primer Sephora Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing. It went on patchy near my hairline and accentuated my pores on my nose. I found it quite streaky too and not even close to evenly applied. I've tried applying that product at least 3 times in one afternoon till my face was RAW !. I used the following brushes to apply this. Sigma F80, Sephora Professional Stipple Brush, Sephora Airbrush # 56.

None of them ways made it look smoother, I also tried my Smashbox Light primer. It didn't do anything differently. Even my boyfriend told me he could see how bad it looked.

I am a believer that every product will work, maybe not for everyone but for some. I suppose that this product just wont work for me. I will keep it anyways incase I decide to play with it again in the future though.