December 18, 2014 | 1696 users online

Makeup Brushes - Prescriptives - Foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many who have reviewed this product, this was also my first makeup brush. I bought this brush in 2002 and I still use it almost daily. I haven't experienced any shedding and it still holds it's shape even after numerous washings. The handle has never came apart from the brush - That says a lot. It applies my foundation evenly. If I ever need to repurchase this brush again, I will gladly do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I would reserve my first brush review for my very first makeup brush! :) I've had this brush since 2001 and it still works and looks as good as the day I purchased it. This brush is very near and dear to me not only because of how long I have had it, but also because it was also my first department store makeup item purchase (along w/Prescriptives Virtual Skin). This brush is very well made -- I haven't noticed any shedding and has maintained its shape quite nicely through the years. Although the bristles are very soft to the touch, they provide the right resistance to blend foundation. This brush also doesn't soak up very much of the product.

It's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First brush I ever bought, many years ago. Was shopping for make-up as a bridesmaid, and I somehow got the biggest bully of an SA, who in between criticizing the state of my post-teenaged skin and the stray hairs under my eyebrows managed to foist Photochrome and this brush on me.

Her brutal honesty notwithstanding, the SA was right: this brush is phenomenal. It applies liquid and cream foundations smoothly, no streaks, and it's held up through years of washings and being tossed around in make-up bags and general abuse by a person who only until recently started taking better care of her brushes.

I sometimes ponder getting a stippling brush for my liquid foundations, but I'm so happy with the results I get with this one that it feels like it'd be a waste of money. Either way, I know this brush will outlive me, it's that solid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the best brushes that I have ever had. I use it for cream foundation and cream concealer. It gives the best coverage and blends very well. It washes beautifully. Expensive, but I have had mine for 10! years. Think of it as an investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I know this brand is pretty much done (except for maybe some CCOs or online where you can find it), but I will review anyway. I got this a while back. It feels smooth and nice on your face while applying...I love it. If your f/d isn't as thick and a little more runny, this might be better of a brush to use. The results looks really good, but you do have to spend more time on it. This brush takes a little getting used to, and if you can spend the time on it, your makeup will look really nice and pretty much flawless! The other thing that's great about this brush is that I don't get buildup. I use baby shampoo and everything slides right off, which isn't always the case with other brushes I have. So definitely an A+ brush, I just love the results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush and it makes your foundation go on flawless. I am on my fourth brush in ten years, so it's the best $120 I have ever spent on a cosmetic brush...

I like to put my foundation on my hand and dip the brush and apply. I only wear Prescriptive foundation, concealor and powder and probably will never change (unless someone can tell me there is something better for the same price).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

5 stars for sure! Expensive but great quality. I have had mine for 4 years now, very long lasting! Back when I was using Prescriptives and Lancome foundations, I used this on days I had the time, and it applied flawlessly! I admit that I have the knack for applying foundation quick and flawless with my fingers, but using the brush might be a cleaner. I highly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I have had this foundation brush for almost 3yrs. I still use it daily and it has held up very well. If you want a brush that will hold up for years,buy this one. It isn't cheap...but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

My first intro to using a brush for foundation . . . 6+ and counting . . . still supple, still lush and not 1 hair shed. . . Love this brush for appling my PX Traceless!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

my favorite flat foundation brush. ive tried other brands but i like this one. i beleive its horse hair, its very soft, the handle isnt too long, and mine lasted for about 4 years before it started fraying too much. Once you get used to using a brush, youll never go back! i use to work at a PX counter and makeup artists and employees from other competing counters would come borrow our brushes because they are the best!