September 17, 2014 | 986 users online

Shampoo - Aquage - SeaExtend Silkening Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this shampoo by my hair stylist. Luckily, perfect timing, because I had ran out of shampoo. I live in Las Vegas so the dry heat always dries out my scalp leading to dandruff. However, she mentioned I was ALSO depriving my hair and scalp of its natural oil by washing it daily hindering it ability to retain moisture and luster. Overall, she recommended a completely new regime. This is perfect it leaves my hair soft, shiny and tangle free. It's smells great and I don't notice the residue that most sulfate free shampoos leave behind. Overall, amazing. I use the conditioner as well. The other products I use are davines all in one oi milk ... It's absolutely AMAZING and the combination of products suits my thick coarse hair to a T.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase the travel size shampoo and conditioner, along with the matching oil treatment since this stuff is out of my price range right now. The shampoo lathers well and cleans my scalp and hair without leaving my hair feeling parched. It really helps with frizz and has a light fresh scent. My hair felt soft after it had air-dried which is a very good sign that this isn't too harsh. I have used similar shampoos in terms of results so I am debating whether I would repurchase. On another positive note, it did not destroy my curl pattern and left them looking very shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought travel sizes of this ($8) to use with the conditioner of the same type ($13). So far, I really like the way this works. It feels very conditioning, there is a lot of lather for not a lot of product. I'm not as sold on the conditioner - out of the shower my hair feels not quite conditioned enough. But the shampoo, yeah, I'll add a 5 stars to the rating because it definitely deserves it and I think is worth the high price tag. $30 for a large bottle I believe. I have longer, color treated, dry hair, oily scalp and have tried a myriad of shampoos - this is definitely at the top or near the top of the heap. Pureology is probably similar in cost and effectiveness, although I haven't tried it in awhile. If this shampoo continues to perform, I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by QtMoMo

Hair type: Long, colored, thick,wavy course,wiry, dry asian hair. This shampoo is amazing. I have tried so many shampoos. From expensive salon brands, drugstore brands, Japanese brands...This hands down beats them all. A little goes a long way and smell reminds me of a mixture of tea and flowers. Love it. I couldn't believe how silky and shiny my hair was after I blow dried my hair. This shampoo really lives up to the hype. Yes it's expensive, but damn..totally worth it lol!!! Repurchase? Oh hells yes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

For reference, my hair is way coarse, wurly, and generally difficult.I totally lucked out scoring this shampoo, which got left behind by a former resident at my bf's place. It's stupid expensive, and I'd never have tried it otherwise. Excited as I was to try it, I still can't justify the cost. It doesn't take much to lather up, which is great, but I'm just not seeing the results most seem to have. Pureology hydrate is just as effective, easier to find, and ultimately less expensive. For a drugstore option, denorex 2-1 is fantastic (smells and looks gross, but its sulfate free too.)

I struggled between a 3-4 rating, but gave it a 4 cos i seem to be the only one not extolling its virtues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I really like this shampoo. It lathers up very nicely & gives a smooth finish. This shampoo also makes my hair very soft, cuts down the frizz, & smells very nice. This shampoo is EXTREMELY expensive. But, the bottle is pretty big. I did not buy the matching conditioner, so I use different conditioners along with this shampoo, but this shampoo still performs well. I may buy the matching conditioner just to see if I get even better results. For now, this shampoo is working for me & I really like it so far. I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After a long search, I think I found my HG SHAMPOO. I have normal/fine hair was having tons of breakage..even the L'anza shampoo was not cutting it for me. Enter Aquage silkening poo, , fancy packaging, runny consistency tend to use a little more than usual. Once u get the product to lather and wash. After rinsing my hair feels soft and moisturized. Noticing less hair fall after using this product.The only con to this product is the pricetag.
Update ****8/29/2014**** Still loving this great shampoo, very moisturizing, little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE May 2014: I tried this again and I am not loving it. It tore through my hair trying to lather up these few times.I mean tons of hair was being yanked through...it left my hair very tangled. Maybe I just wasn't as versed in sulfate free shampoos as I am now. But this is just average. It definitely doesn't merit the price or the search around the city.

ORIGINA POST: I was trying to decide if this was a 4 or 5 lippie product. And it really is a 5, I am just not overwhelmed with "this is the best shampoo on the planet" feeling. It took some time comparing this to my L'Anza Healing Moisture shampoo to decide if this was better. All I could decide was that this was just as good, possibly smoothing the hair shaft a touch more than the L'Anza showing a touch less frizz, but as a result it also weighs my hair down a touch more than the L'Anza. All in all I decided to keep it. But given all the reviews here I really expected this "miracle transformation" and honestly it is just a good sulfate free shampoo.

My hair color is old, so I can speak to color preservation yet, but I think it will be fine. Just like most sulfate free shampoos, it has a tendency to feel a bit like you are "raking" through your hair when washing it some times. And like many high end shampoos, you don't need a lot of product to work. The scent if fine. Not love or hate (I hate overly fruity or Aveda type smells, love Paul Mitchell Wild Ginger smell & fresh scents...this one is in the middle).

Any way, if you can get your hands on it, give it a try. But I don't think it merits the search around the city I went through to get it when the L'Anza is at every Ulta in a 5 mile radius. FYI - I always try out JUST the shampoo when trying a new shampoo. So while trying this out, I kept using my HG conditioner Pureology Hydrate so any changes I saw were only from the shampoo.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
After using it for about 4 months (that's how long it took me to finish a 10 oz bottle of tihs). It seems I have gotten much less hair fallout :) I just noticed, but also liked the fact, that perfume is the last ingredient on the ingredient list of this.
I have bought another shampoo from Aquage: Biomega Volume Shampoo. It's also sulphate free, but smells quite different, lathers more, the ingredients are quite different from this and I don't have the "coated and protected" feeling I was left with after using the Silkening shampoo. Biomega left me with that crisp clean feeling of hair. Understand me right: I DID like the "coated" feeling - at first I thought it was build-up on my hair, but 1) my hair didn't look or feel weighed down 2) it never became more-and-more coated. It basically worked to keep the moisture in a little bit, BUT if you have very dry ends I can't say this shampoo will be enough to fix that.
One annoyance about the shampoo: I HAVE to wash my hair every other day - else it looks bad. With regular shampoos I can easily not wash my hair for three days
END OF UPDATE.
A little information abut my hair:
it's normal in terms of oiliness/dryness, medium thickness, straight, almost waist-long, bleached about 2-3 shades (in process of growing out) and previously heat-treated about every 3-4 days. I don't use almost any styling products now - sometimes a little bit of hair oil with silicones or a little bit of moisturizing cream on the ends. This means that I don't know how well this will wash off hair products. I wash my hair every other day; don't complain to me if you think that is too often or too rare - I have done it like that for many years and it works for me.
I bought this because of the good reviews and because I wanted to try out a sulphate-free shampoo because my hair is colour treated, including some bleach and it had become quite lifeless, frizzy and dull.
Here is what I tried:
- higher end shampoos (with sulphates) - did nothing any better than cheap shampoos
- higher end conditioners (Joico) - did nothing, just cost me a lot of money
- my It's a 10 hair mask - this worked well the first time I fried my hair with bleach, but it wasn't enough this time (I guess because I was still washing my hair with sulphate-shampoos
- different leave-in sprays: It's a 10, Mane n' Tail, Aquage Silkening Oil... nothing worked and I didn't like the silkening oil because it didn't really do anything for my hair - I think silicones can be great for skin, but not that great for hair...
- finally bought the Aquage Silkening Shampoo and Conditioner... Voil´┐Ż!
My point is: if there is something wrong with the condition of your hair, try to start with changing out your basic haircare; owning lots of styling products and masks may suddenly become less necessary.
Now for the review:
This shampoo has a nice smell to me. After hearing about that SLS-free shampoo doesn't lather well I was kinda expecting it to actually lather very little, but I don't think it lathers badly. I've had some higher end shampoos that DO have SLS and lather less than this does.
The consistency of the shampoo is thin and looks a little bit like... semen. Despite being so thin, the shampoo is quite concentrated and I actually need much less of this than many other, thicker shampoos. This is a property I expect higher end shampoos to have.
When using this shampoo, you should first put it on your scalp and lather up (if possible) and let it sit. After a minute, wash it away and wash your hair again.
After the first wash I noticed my hair being very soft, and after the third it looked so much better than initially: much more shiny, more healthy and more voluminous! It actually surprised me that this made my hair both more hydrated and more voluminous. My hair also has less frizz. But remember: my hair was so flat and dull and frizzy to begin with that you, if you have healthy hair, may not notice any difference really.
If you want to read about my further plans with my hair:
I have also decided that I want to colour my hair less with regular dyes again but rather use henna-dye. I remember my mum doing that on me when I was smaller and I had really shiny, easily manageable hair, even when it was almost down to my butt. Henna dyes are a great option for people that like to dye their hair darker (no need to bleach if you're going for darker, eh?) or more red (as henna-dyes often have reddish tones). After dyeing my hair with henna it has gotten even more shine, even though I didn't use pure henna.
I'm going to treat my scalp with hair oil containing rosemary oil and maybe some minty oils to increase the blood flow - it's great for making your hair grow faster and denser. Phyto polleine from Phyto was probably the best oil I knew, but since it's now discontinued I guess I could try to mix the oils myself.
The other things that I've changes in my hair routine to get healthier hair is using less heat on it. If you really like to use a flat iron, I'd recommend going for good quality. If you like to curl your hair, there are many options, but if using an iron, at least use one that has tourmaline. Blow dry cold or with an ionic blowdrier... or both.
If you don't have excess money to use on sulphate-free shampoo, I would recommend you checking out iherb.com, which is a site that sells natural, cruelty free, organic products. They sell A LOT of shampoos without sulphates an that's also where I got my henna-dye from (Surya Brazil Henna Cream). If you're a first time customer and want to get a discount, you can use the code JUZ808 and get $5 of if shopping for under $40, and $10 if shopping for over $40 (you then pay only $30, so I would recommend to get products for over $ and get those $10 off - if you actually already have for over $30 it won't cost you any more, if you know what I mean). The look of the site isn't very pretty, but the pr

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shampoo! I have several different shampoo bottles in my shower, and this is the one I use the most. My hair does not get (as) oily when using this product, as it does with just about every other shampoo I have. Maybe it's the sulfate-free thing? I have gone 3 days at a time without washing my hair, and it still looks okay (I use a little bit of dry shampoo). It was great on color treated hair--I went 6 months without going to get my color touched up and it actually still looks fine, not brassy at all!

The only cons are 1) expensive and 2) it doesn't lather well, but it does clean.