December 22, 2014 | 1630 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Volume Seduction Plumping Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm having trouble finding this now. But when I was buying it, I loved it! I think the color was "Born with it". It's a pretty sheer pink and I loved the way it looked and felt. It wasn't tacky like some glosses are. And I feel that it plumped somewhat, it tingled a little when I applied it, but nothing uncomfortable or burning. I hope I can find this again, unless it's discontinued...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by poonammehta1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have the Shade 510 (Full bodied wine) which is a pretty decent red. I usually don't wear lip makeup because of thin, pigmented and cracked lips but I do like this gloss a lot. I have used it for over 2 years. It is a gloss - so the coverage is not very full but the "plumping" component helps cover the cracks and pigmentation and makes lips look very nice and full. It does look better with a lip liner. I am going to buy more shades in this line :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by SkeeterBugs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybelline Volume Seduction XL Plumping Lip Gloss #100 (clear). Have tried 2 times, taking a before and after pic each time.
First try, put on gloss, felt nothing, so put a bit more on. 20 minutes later, took the 2nd pic. Color: no change, Sensation: at about 15 minutes my lips felt a bit numb, Size: No bee stung look, but my lips were larger, and my boyfriend agreed that the after picture showed a change in size, high shine, and a reduction of wrinkles from the super- dry lips I started with.
Second try, put on gloss, 2 coats, felt tingling right away so I looked in the mirror, at 2 minutes, no change. Again, at 20 minutes, my lips were larger and smoother. No odd coloring from any of the ingredients.
Gloss is not gloppy, is nice and smooth. I have not tried it with any lip colors yet. For the price, I say give it a try! Even if it does not plump for you, it is very moisturizing and could easily be used over a lip color for extra shine, or overnight to wake up with smooth, moisturized lips.
Labeling is AWFUL! Once you start taking off the plastic, it is perforated all the way to the bottom. The writing on the bottom of the tube is too tiny to read with 20/20 vision, so I cut the label and taped the name to the side. HOWEVER, I do love the applicator (which is described in other reviews). I subtracted 1 lippie on packaging quality due to the labeling issue, the applicator and lid are great!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Sooner_Chick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Lip Gloss in #705 is a plumping gloss,#705 is a pink nude shimmer semi sheer lip gloss. The smell is
of cinnamon and the texture is good. It does not live up to the claim and I don't care for the stinging effect.

What is awesome about the packaging you turn the dial on the bottom to get the product,and if you dial too much it will click back down and the product "retracts."

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 More reviews by dany06

I have the xl version and the regular version in 105. I really like these glosses. I have rather large lips but they have so many creases. I cant wear lipstick because it just looks crusty on my very creased lips. Chap stick will not help. Im african american and 23. So the problem is not old age or having thin lips.

This stuff is amazing. It doesn't actually make my lips look bigger (thank god), but it just makes them look plump and smooth. Plus it leaves my lip feeling very moisturized. It not sticky nor is it too shiny. The colors seem to be milky peach. This gloss just makes my lips look perfect and I haven't found any other product that works this well.

I've had these glosses for a long time. Probably about 2 years. I know I should get knew ones but I dont see them on the website anymore. they are probably discontinued like the moisture extreme lipsticks that I liked also. If anyone knows of a product that is a dupe for this please let me know.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kelseyreid2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this product has such a high rating. First of all, there was no plumping action WHAT SO EVER , which I can stand because I did not really expect my lips to look fuller from a Maybelline product . The gloss did not last all day , it ran down my face even when I used lip liner along with it.The only thing I liked about the gloss is the colour, the colour was very natural and flattering on my face . I wish finding a great plumping gloss could be much easier..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by nichole188

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this lip gloss. It did work on my top lip and maybe a little on my bottom. I got it for the coloring and because my top lip has gotten a little thinner since I've gotten older. My lips look like they did when I was 17 again. It does tingle/burn when you put it on. It only last a few seconds though. It irritates your lips to make them plump up, so it is suppose to do that. It was $7.48 at my local walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this gloss! It plumps my lips and the colors are gorgeous. The only bad thing is that it can be kind of sticky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have this in '505', I'm not sure of the name as it doesn't have one, but it is a strawberry red colour. This gloss is quite sheer when applied to my lips, but I think that's because of my lips are quite pigmented, but that's a plus for me as it makes it suitable for work. I also find it great for layering over reddish lipsticks too. I don't notice too much about plumping up my lips, but I did notice how it gives your lips that tingling feeling. Packaging is like the shine seduction glosses so the pen click applicator is great for releasing just the right amount. Gloss is not sticky, and smells like citrus.

EDIT - It burned my lips, and felt very uncomfortable. Too much of a tingling sensation. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used up several tubes of this in various colors and it's a GREAT lip gloss! It definitely plumps the lips and is thick and lasts a long time. I like stickier/heavier glosses and this one fits that description for me. Price is a little high though.