October 24, 2014 | 1490 users online

Brows - Cover Girl - Brow and Eye Makers

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: this review is only for using this product as a brow pencil, not eyeliner.

Not knowing anything about brow pencils, I bought these a couple years ago because they were cheap. The package contains two pencils and a sharpener. I bought the color that was closest to my hair - Midnight Brown. It matches my hair pretty well but it's too dark for my brows. It's difficult to apply this lightly and have it actually show up. When I press harder, it's too dark, and looks stage-makeup-y. Since the pencil needs to be pretty sharp to draw thinner, hair-like lines, the pencils end up getting used up fairly fast. At this point I'm mainly using it to outline the preferred brow shape before tweezing.

It's cool that it comes with a sharpener, but I wish they sold it without it, as I only need one. I would buy the product again, but I'd try one of the lighter shades - Soft Brown or Honey Brown.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Bkelly6191

I am very surprised by all of the positive reviews for this product. I have had a somewhat different experience. This is probably one of the worst make up products I have ever used. The only reason I purchased it was because the drug store was out of my usual revlon brow pencil. I should have just gone to another store. This product is SO DIFFICULT TO APPLY. The formula is all wrong. You have to apply SO much pressure to even get any color on your eyebrows, and even then you don't get much color. You have to push so hard that it actually ripped some of my eyebrow hairs out Bc I was pressing so hard. The only positives I have to say about this product was that it was cheap, so at least I didn't waste too much money. I will never repurchase this

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Mishamisha

I can't believe the positive reviews for this pencil, must be for a different line placed here by mistake. I got the light brown pencils in the picture.. Its 2014 and that pencil is exactly like the description of a reviewer in 2007. "waxy" , no color whatsoever came out of it. Thought may be it was dry just out of the package so I sharpened it, nothing came out on my brow, in fact not even on the back of my hand or palm with going back and forth and digging hard. I had cheaper, no name pencils in the past, and could never imagine that CG that makes some other products I loved could allow such a cheap terribly disgusting thing to have their name on it. I tossed the 2 pencils in the garbage, cant even write on paper with them.. and even if its 'wax' , frozen in summer ?? Kept the sharpener though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these! One package comes with two small pencils that are pre-sharpened, and comes with a perfect little sharpener. I have the color midnight brown, and it matches my brows prefectly, but is easy to tone down if needed. And they don't melt off your brows easily like some pencils do. We all know the word "melt" isn't good when talking about makeup. haven't used them for an eyeliner, but so far for the brows they're great. Highly reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

These are the Only pencils I use for my Brows (MidNight Brown) and EyeLiner (Midnight Black) a lot of people complain about how it don't go on easily, well Fastly run mine through a lighter, let it dry then I apply it to my eyes! After that it's long all day lasting and smudge proof !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Adelemuller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

my natural eyebrows are nice shape and colour but when i do foundation i ALWAYS get it stuck in my eyebrows and they look blonde :( so i go over them with this and they look amazing also i like to make them thicker since the trend right now is thick brows and i have naturally thin brows. i love this good colour and good value for money

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by NicoleLov3ly

I got these for a friend to teach her how to do her brows. Thinking hey it's a pencil, great price point. However when I tried to use them I had to put a TON of pressure to get the pencil color! It was awful. The soft brown has too much red tones making the color look like a burn mark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

My favorite for eyebrows! Works horrible as an eyeliner. This is the only CoverGirl makeup that I own because I haven't had much luck with the brand in general, but I love this product!

Pros: cheap, natural for brunette eyebrows, lasts forever
Cons: advertised as an eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Elektro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am 25 years old and have been using the dark brown version as my brow pencil since I was 15. This is THE BEST pencil for filling in eyebrows. Along the way I've tried numerous other pencils just because (you know how us girls like to buy stuff for no apparent reason) ... and find that they all put way too much product on and look like my eyebrows have been painted over. This pencil is great for making individual strokes along with my eyebrow hairs and filling in the gaps. It stays all day long, the not-too-waxy texture is absolutely perfect for mimicking the look of real hairs.

The ONLY change (or rather, update) that I think Cover Girl should make to this product is based on the fact that I recently tried Maybelline Master Shape. The color was all wrong and left too much excess on my skin (even with the lightest stroke) that couldn't be blended and had to be wiped off. But.... the little mascara brush at the end for blending is FANTASTIC and I use it after applying CG Brow and my eyebrows come out totally groomed and awesome looking. Therefore, if Cover Girl added the little brow brush to the end of these pencils, they'd be more than perfect :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I never hear people talking about these, but I really like these pencils for filling in my brows! I use Soft Brown, and I've literally had both pencils for years and continue to use them. Apparently they're meant to be eyeliners too, but I wouldn't use it on my eyelids. They're really soft and waxy, and they're really quick for filling in my brows. I always go over my brows with a brow comb to blend in the color and it always looks really good! They're dirt cheap too; can't beat it! I took off a lippie because you have to sharpen them, and I prefer automatic pencils, but I still love these pencils!