Cover Girl Brow and Eye Makers

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/18/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently bought this pencil in Soft Brown to fill in my light, sparse eyebrows. The color matches my light brown hair perfectly. It's just ashy enough without any red tones. The lead is nice and hard too. So it's easy to sharpen without breaking. For the smoothest and most natural looking application, I make sure I sharpen the pencil first. Then I apply the pencil in quick, short, light strokes in the direction the hair grows. Once I've built up the desired intensity of color, I go over the strokes with a small stiff brow brush to blend. For about $3.50 you get two pencils plus the sharpener. I've tried a lot of other, more expensive pencils, but Cover Girl's Brow and Eye Makers have honestly given me the most natural look. A Winner!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

You get 2 pencils plus a sharpener for under $4. I picked up the Soft Blonde shade which is the perfect color for me seeing that my hair is golden blonde. I have pretty decent brows to start with but I like to just fill them in a bit and this works like a charm. My brows stay perfect for the entire day. You do need to apply a little bit of pressure with this pencil but in a way I find that a good thing because you really can't overdo it. I'm quite pleased and would recommend this.

on 1/6/2015 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This eyeliner sucks. The worst eyeliner I have ever purchased. No-name brand, dollar store eyeliners are better than this.

NO COLOUR! I got mine in midnight black and even when applying to the back of my hand, using a lot of pressure, the most colour I got was a faded gray. IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR EYES. Not on the lash line, and especially not on the lash line.

Even after lighting the eyeliner (an old trick my mom taught me to make the colour darker and the application smoother), the colour still did not show up.

Usually, I love Covergirl's products, but this was a major letdown. Will NOT buy again.

on 8/15/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Note: this review is only for using this product as a brow pencil, not eyeliner.

Not knowing anything about brow pencils, I bought these a couple years ago because they were cheap. The package contains two pencils and a sharpener. I bought the color that was closest to my hair - Midnight Brown. It matches my hair pretty well but it's too dark for my brows. It's difficult to apply this lightly and have it actually show up. When I press harder, it's too dark, and looks stage-makeup-y. Since the pencil needs to be pretty sharp to draw thinner, hair-like lines, the pencils end up getting used up fairly fast. At this point I'm mainly using it to outline the preferred brow shape before tweezing.

It's cool that it comes with a sharpener, but I wish they sold it without it, as I only need one. I would buy the product again, but I'd try one of the lighter shades - Soft Brown or Honey Brown.

on 8/5/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very surprised by all of the positive reviews for this product. I have had a somewhat different experience. This is probably one of the worst make up products I have ever used. The only reason I purchased it was because the drug store was out of my usual revlon brow pencil. I should have just gone to another store. This product is SO DIFFICULT TO APPLY. The formula is all wrong. You have to apply SO much pressure to even get any color on your eyebrows, and even then you don't get much color. You have to push so hard that it actually ripped some of my eyebrow hairs out Bc I was pressing so hard. The only positives I have to say about this product was that it was cheap, so at least I didn't waste too much money. I will never repurchase this

on 6/13/2014 11:59:00 PM

I can't believe the positive reviews for this pencil, must be for a different line placed here by mistake. I got the light brown pencils in the picture.. Its 2014 and that pencil is exactly like the description of a reviewer in 2007. "waxy" , no color whatsoever came out of it. Thought may be it was dry just out of the package so I sharpened it, nothing came out on my brow, in fact not even on the back of my hand or palm with going back and forth and digging hard. I had cheaper, no name pencils in the past, and could never imagine that CG that makes some other products I loved could allow such a cheap terribly disgusting thing to have their name on it. I tossed the 2 pencils in the garbage, cant even write on paper with them.. and even if its 'wax' , frozen in summer ?? Kept the sharpener though.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love these! One package comes with two small pencils that are pre-sharpened, and comes with a perfect little sharpener. I have the color midnight brown, and it matches my brows prefectly, but is easy to tone down if needed. And they don't melt off your brows easily like some pencils do. We all know the word "melt" isn't good when talking about makeup. haven't used them for an eyeliner, but so far for the brows they're great. Highly reccomend.

on 12/30/2013 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These are the Only pencils I use for my Brows (MidNight Brown) and EyeLiner (Midnight Black) a lot of people complain about how it don't go on easily, well Fastly run mine through a lighter, let it dry then I apply it to my eyes! After that it's long all day lasting and smudge proof !

on 10/22/2013 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

my natural eyebrows are nice shape and colour but when i do foundation i ALWAYS get it stuck in my eyebrows and they look blonde :( so i go over them with this and they look amazing also i like to make them thicker since the trend right now is thick brows and i have naturally thin brows. i love this good colour and good value for money

on 8/30/2013 1:44:00 PM

I got these for a friend to teach her how to do her brows. Thinking hey it's a pencil, great price point. However when I tried to use them I had to put a TON of pressure to get the pencil color! It was awful. The soft brown has too much red tones making the color look like a burn mark.

Popular Brows Products