July 29, 2014 | 1693 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Ideal Gloss in Red Shimmer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i am pretty sure this item is discontinued considering i just bought it at the dollar store. which really sucks.
i just smelled it, and mine doesn't really smell like anything.. which is good.
i am pretty pale so red lipstick can be pretty harsh on my fair skin. but this lip gloss is perfectly sheer and goes well with pretty much any makeup look. if you can find it, buy it. you wont be sorry!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Sky035

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The smell of this lipgloss was a real turn off for me, hence the low rating. Hard to describe; but the smell is very strong and lingered for a while. However, this gloss did make my lips look great-with just the right amount of colour and shine, when paired with a matching lip liner. Based on the smell alone, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

This is a really good sheer red gloss. It's reasonably priced, too. Not too much shimmer, and it doesn't look pink when applied, which I hate. (So many times I've purchased a "red" gloss only to find it is acutally pink when applied). Anyway, I am not a huge fan of the brush applicator, I always have to wipe some off, but it's a good gloss overall. Looks really nice paired with Almay's red liner. It has been hard to find both of those lately, though. I hope they don't discontinue this color.

All in all, good product. Not sticky, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by LorianneH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this. Such a nice subtle way to have red lips when you dont want to all-the-way with red lipstick. I do like red lipstick on myself and bought it expecting it to be darker, but it really is a sheer red gloss. It has a really pretty color, feels nice on and doesnt leave that gross residue you can get with a lot of glosses. I love it, very good purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I'm not even sure if this product is still being made. I threw it in with an Ebay order I was creating, since I'd never even heard of it. I'm hunting for a great red lip gloss. I've been really into red lips lately, and found some regular lipsticks I like, but had yet to find a decent red gloss. This comes pretty close. It's not sticky at all, has a nice brush applicator, and gives good color. It's not too bold, but there's actually red pigment that shows up. I'd definitely buy it again.