November 26, 2014 | 1662 users online

Moisturizers - Now-100% Vegetable Glycerine

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by stuarthypnotized

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best sexual lubicant for the $.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

My oily skin is NOT a fan of glycerine at all. I break out terribly and get super oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by arpinoj

Best face moisturizer ever. I mix it with lavender essential oil for a soothing property and it works fantastic ! Face has never looked better :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by BamBlastBoom

girly2222 I think you had an allergic reaction - you have common symptoms of a severe allergic reaction.

Nothing can make your skin absorb "everything" else - In order to help keep water in the skin, moisturisers contain substances called humectants. These are substances that are capable of attracting water and help to conserve the water in the skin. One of the oldest and best examples is glycerin, sometimes called glycerol. Mainly because of its excellent safety record.

The skin around the eye is a completely different thing.

If you are allergic everything could potentially be dangerous. You should definently report your experiences to the company, but you should also go see a doctor yourself and get tested - you could potentially get harmed from other products as well at some point - and I don't think its fair to rate a product you are allergic too.

I don't go raving about how bad tomato's are because they make MY throat swell and make me throw up, because I know its only people who are allergic that have this reaction - so my review would be pointless to most people and could potentially scare away people who could benefit from tomatoes.

If you are reading this and feel fright/deterred, do a patch test and see how it feels before you cover yourself in it.

23 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use a few drops with my moisturizer at night, and it is hands down the best moisturizer ever, and also a spot treatment for dry patches. This saves my skin. I have sensitive/dry/acne prone skin and this fixes problems overnight. No problems at all! Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Lindadev

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using glycerine for years now. I add it to lotions for take-along - but mostly I just use it full strength mixed with water when I get out of the shower...face and body.

When I don't use it I'm transformed to a piece of steel wool. I order it either from Amazon or just buy at the drug store, but you have to order it if you want a larger bottle. Apparently it's used for things that are unsavory so they don't sell it in large quantities.

I would not be without it.

I have even been caught with only that in my travel bag and it was sufficient. It makes 'bad' dry makeup go on incredibly well, using just a glycerine balm before moisturizer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaStaley

I've had great skin most of my life, but was hit with a crazy-severe case of acne when I turned 23. After a few months of trying everything I could think of, I finally went to a dermatologist who prescribed Retin-A.

Retin-A caused my skin to go through the expected stages of purging and peeling. When I got to the tale-end of that process, about 3.5 months in, my skin was a lot clearer, but not as clear as it used to be, and patches of my face were still continually peeling.

I was searching for something to combat the peeling and dryness, but no moisturizer would do. Non oil-free lotions still broke me out (they always have) and lighter, oil-free lotions weren't helping the peeling.

I tried vegetable glycerin and it has been A GOD SEND.

It stopped the peeling within 1 day of use (I'm not kidding) and has somehow helped clear my skin up further than with the Retin-A alone. I'm not sure if it's because of the anti-bacterial properties of vegetable glycerin or because it has just helped to balance my skin out and make it happier, but I have not had a SINGLE new pimple since I started using it and my old pimples have been healing up very, very nicely. My skin is ALMOST back to the way it was before acne invaded my life- it's insane.

I found mine at my local Vitamin Shoppe for 8.99. The bottle is huge and I speculate that it will last for over a year.

I take two (literal) drops of vegetable glycerin, place them in the palm of my hand, add 4 drops of water, mix with one finger, and apply to my face. It feels like I'm just spreading water on my skin, but this is the correct way to do it. More glycerin and/or not enough water will leave your skin feeling tacky and the VG won't fully absorb. I do this after washing my face, both morning and night. I apply my Retin-A at night, after applying the VG.

ALSO- if you have frizzy, curly hair (like me) it works wonders on that, too!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by 3025195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Where do I begin, I waited 10 months to write this review.. I wanted to write it immediately but thought the results were too good to be true.

BACKGROUND:
-Horrible horrible dry skin, to the point where I would look down at my desk at work and notice skin flakes from my face.
-Eyeshadows and foundation wouldn't stay on, they'd just flake off.
-Itchy sore irritated face.
-I would use dermalogicist tested make up, not wear make up at all, drink loads of water, try different cleansers etc
-I carried face moisturiser with me in my clutch when I would go out at night!
-I freak out nights I'd go to bed without my night cream on, or away for a weekend and forgotten to pack it.
-I went to the doctor and was prescribed steroid cream to use on my face, which worked for smoothing the skin out, but then it would turn into a red raw sore mess.
Nothing was working!!

FINDING A SOLUTION:
I took to MUA and decided price was not an issue, I was desperate. I trolled every review possible, high end brands to drug store buys and googled everything that had potential.
I found this! Paid $20 on ebay and waited 3 weeks for it to come over to Australia.

TRYING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME & RESULTS
I tried it immediately, mixed 2 drops in with my night cream and I woke up the next morning with the softest, smoothest skin.. I cried.
I know it's bad, but I could not stop touching my face. Even now, 10 months later sometimes I just touch my eyelids and they're smooth and don't flake!

PRESENT DAY:
I use it with my daily face moisturiser (cetaphill extra hydrating) of a morning before my primer and make up (laura mercier creme smooth foundation- brilliant for dry skin)! Make up stays on longer and goes on smoother!
I no longer have to use the vegetable glycerin every night, I alternate every second but continue to put a drop in with my moisturiser pre primer!

JUST DO IT:
My life has actually changed because of this product, I hated people looking at my face, thinking they were staring at my flaking skin. But now I have more confidence and I've shed 13kgs and am down to 65kgs.. Its amazing what a little confidence does!
I now have my mum and her cousins onto it (45-80yo's), they didn't have any dry skin problems like me but now they use it everyday, they tell me their skin is smoother and firmer.

TIPS:
-Some nights I can skip it and just use my night cream, alternating every second night
-Play around with it, 2 drops mixed in with your cream might not be enough for one person, but plenty for another.
-When my skin is becoming really dry I just put straight vegetable glycerin on it, not mixed in with anything... I do this after a really really long flight or a day in the sun, big night drinking etc.. next morning, perfect skin!
-I mix it in with my body lotion as well, especially with my history of eczma, it helps keep it at bay
-Mix it into your hand moisturizer as well!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU MUA's sending virtual hugs to all the previous reviewers!
Oh and by the way, price is incredible! I would pay $100's and $100's for this! What have you got to lose?

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by foxforce45

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Radiance! I've been using this for a couple weeks now and my skin is glowing. I only discovered Glycerine because of this thread on MUA. I love it and my face looks amazing...it truly does look radiant. It took some playing around with to get the mixture right, initially I was using too much glycerine and my face felt like a glazed donut lol.

Due to recommendations made from a previous review I cut it with almond oil and water. I choose almond oil because it was the easiest to find when I went to Shopper's to purchase Glycerine. I use a children's vitamin syringe to measure...3 squirts glycerine, 4 squirts filtered water, 2 squirts almond oil. I mix in a small squeezy bottle and use it day and night. It might be a bit rich for some preferences but I love how rich my skin looks. Not a single blemish either as a result of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the last month or so I have had horribly dry skin..and I have tried everything. Coconut oil, walnut oil, olive oil...nothing worked. It was so dry my skin started too look like it was aging..I go into panic mode. Go straight to whole foods and just happen to see this. I bought it and I thought if I don't like it ..it doesn't matter because it was so cheap. Well...I love it! It's only been 1 day and my skin is dramatically improving..no tight feeling when I laugh..all the dry patches are gone and my skin is glowing! I love this stuff!