December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Moisturizers - Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

After trying every oil under the sun to soften and detangle my hair I have finally found the winner. This was the last oil to try because I did not want to buy into all the hype, however, I am so glad I decided to purchase this years later. It makes my hair feel like pure silk. I don't even want to wash my hair because I looks great even after days of wear. I use the NOW Argan Oil and use about 10 drops in my long hair. Best hair decision I have ever made! This is an absolute staple in my skin care regimen as well. I use is day and night! LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype about Argan oil. I tried it in many ways and from many brands. It doesn't work for me.
Too oily for my face. I have very very dry skin in the cold months and it didn't hydrate it.
Gave me pimples.
Too oily for my hair- and I put just a tiny drop but it still leaves it greasy and disgusting.
For my body- it just sits on my skin and doesn't sink in.
This oil is a miss for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by dreamqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The trick is to slather generously on your face. Then leave it overnight. Don't mind that it's oily when you sleep. When you wake up your face is immaculate!!! You'll need a tiny amount of make up. You can even skip the concealer. My face transformed literally overnight from red and super dry and pimply to glowy and clear. At first i didn't like on my face , the reason was i was putting a little and i was tissuing off the excess. You should't. I used two brands and both are awesome. I 've been using this on my hair only for 2 years, it completely changed my hair texture (except the roots cause i don't apply it there). Just place a small amount or hair may get oily and limp. Really liquid gold!!!! The only beauty product i need. Trying it on my body next.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

can you say HOLY GRAIL? When I say I have oily skin, I mean I am a grease ball within minutes of washing my face. It feels like I've tried everything, from face washes, to moisturizers, to masks. I've heard about "oil combatting oil" and really wanted to try the Josie Maran but couldn't justify dishing out $60... While at TJ Maxx I saw 100% Argan Oil (no brand name) for $12, and decided to try it on impulse.
At night, after I washed my face I put a light layer all of my face. It didn't absorb amazingly but it wasn't heavy or gross on my face either. Although I definitely wouldn't wear it during the day or under makeup. I woke up the next morning and my skin looked pretty radiant if I say so myself. But here's what made all the difference; not only was my skin smooth, clear and matte but it stayed matte ALL DAY. I've changed a lot in my routine so my makeup lasts at least a 3-4 hours depending on my routine or foundation that day but this made my makeup stay flawless ALL DAY. And not only that it makes my skin look beautiful without makeup as well. It said, "liquid gold for your face" on the bottle and it was right. Solved all my oily girl problems in one use. 1 week using and no breakouts either!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have incredibly dry skin (to the point where it flakes off in patches) and I've been hunting for anything that has the potential to moisturise. My mum's the same - we both had been doing our research and decided to try oil - she said she'd had a good result, so I poked around and thought I'd try Argan oil.

I purchased oil made by a company called Moroccan Gold - because it was very reasonably priced, their oil is 100% organic, and most importantly - cold pressed. It comes in a brown glass bottle, and helpfully comes with 3 gold coloured caps: a screw cap, a dropper, and a spray nozzle. The oil itself is a yellowish colour and smells slightly nutty, proof that it is indeed cold pressed.

As for use, I found it really pleasant and effective, but not mind blowingly incredible (I always get my hopes up, lol). I like the feeling - it is oily when you apply, but it's a "dry" oil, it doesn't feel thick or masking, and it does absorb quite quickly. It gives a lovely moisturised but still dry feeling to the face, if that makes sense. I can't use it just on its own unfortunately, because it's just not enough moisture for me, and I have to follow it up with a cream, but it DOES impart more moisture than a cream on its own, and I've been lucky to not experience any breakouts from it.

I only use the oil on my skin - I don't use it on my hair because my hair is incredibly soft and shiny naturally, and the oil overwhelms it. If you have drier or coarser hair it might work wonders, but I would think castor oil would be more effective for you.

I'll definitely repurchase when the time comes, as for me, it really has been a good addition to my moisturising routine, and I'd definitely go with Moroccan Gold again. Don't expect a miracle from it, but it DOES work quite well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jillfoshizzle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An ok oil, too oily for my hair and I wasn't impressed with it on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brand I use is from Aura Cacia. Great oil for the under eye area, not so much for my entire face. I have oily, acne prone skin which can be a bit temperamental at times. Hearing so much about Argan oil and how it's great for all skin types including oily skin, I decided to give it a try. Two weeks into using it, I experienced a couple of breakouts. Not sure if it was from the oil or my occasional hormonal breakouts, I stopped for a while and returned back to it a few months later. The same thing happened again. I quit using it for my face and started using it for my under eye area.

Now for my under eyes, I love it. I use a very small amount around my whole entire eye area nightly and by morning the skin around my eyes are so soft and hydrated. It soaks in within minutes of application. Be sure to use a small amount. I have no wrinkles, dark circles, or crows feet, but I do have a few fine lines and since using this oil there has been major improvements. I will continue to use it for preventive measures. The fact that it's natural and doesn't cause any irritation around my eyes is a definite plus for me. Great natural alternative to irritating eye creams.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by bonton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to disagree with the information with the long list of great Argan oil companies. She right to a point. Yes when they puchased the oil is pure....what the companies DO to the oil when they get it is totally different. The oil they buy has sediments in it The heat it at high temperatures to clean and or strain it. That process kills alot of the good benefits that we are seeking. The best argan oils are hand strain or cold processed,these can be found in companies that don't mass market. Most of those companies there oil is slimy and sits on your skin. Unprocessed by heat should feel soft and absorb into your skin immediately.It should smell like nuts, some even say rubber bands. If yours has no smell its been heat processed.
Raw Argan oil is NOT clear. If yours is clear you may want to question it. I by mine from Saadia Organics.100% cold pressed by hand in Essaouria. The web site have very good information on what you should look for to make sure you are getting the real stuff. I only added this because I have received emails asking what brand I use. I purchase it from the Georgia salon in the USA online. Its on her website for where to purchase in Canada and USA. I got mine in two days under $5.00 shipping.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Ami85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all, I have to say I have oily to combination acne prone skin. I used this a couple of time on my face, just a few drops, and it feels great, leaves a very smooth skin, however this makes me break out sooo bad... And not just the little white dots, but those painful HUGE RED BUMPS. I will never use it on my face since it is so bad for my skin. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by gnikole2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

here is my experience with argan oil
first a few details about my skin : NC15-20 , oily but dehydrated , extremely acne prone , sensitive , clogged pores city , can easily get eczema and/or rosaceea if treated harsh
so to cut it short i have a hell of a skin !
since for about a year i managed to keep it fairly clear by diet and simple routine ,but i still felt it needed a little oomph and figured to adjust my routine by adding an oil .
after long hours of reading reviews and details i have decided on argan oil
started patch test on neck area ( my most problematic zone ; neck and jaw line ) by massaging a drop of argain oil , leave it on for about 15-20 mins then wash it off with cleanser.
after almost 2 weeks my neck is wonderfully smooth and i can feel that the argan oil has done wonders but at the same time my whole neck and jaw line is covered in clogged pores and tiny bumps
so what can i say ...i loved the way my skin feels but im bummed about the clogged pores
i most definitely recommend argan oil for its benefits but be sure to run a patch test for atleast 2 weeks