September 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. JM's argan oil didn't moisturize my skin well enough -- I was not impressed at all. I didn't notice any difference while using this oil. In my opinion, this product is overrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love argan oil. I am not currently using the Josie Maran brand due to the cost although I have in the past, right now I use a gigantic bottle from Whole Foods. Whichever you choose just make sure it is pure. The high quality stuff should come in a dark colored glass bottle because oils like this are sensitive to light.

This is so perfect for my skin. I really notice a difference when I moisturize with an oil as opposed to a moisturizer. My skin feels fresher and brighter and smoother and it doesn't get gross and greasy halfway through the day. I actually find it very balancing.A little goes a looong way, you want to apply it to a damp face or wet your hands first because you only need like three drops for your entire face. If you use more it will still absorb because it's so light and great, but it's just too much and you don't want to waste it or risk clogging your pores. Same goes for your hair, use a tiny amount on damp hair, I find that if I use the oil by itself on dry hair I use way too much and it looks greasy.

My skin is very blackhead prone but I haven't noticed a problem with argan oil. Previously I used rosehip seed oil but stopped because it was breaking me out, but I think argan is supposed to be less comedogenic - I think it's actually ranked as one of the least comedogenic oils used for skincare, but don't quote me on that.

I don't notice a smell, and the product is almost completely clear - maybe slightly almond colored? The dropper is great, I think anything else would be quite messy since it is an oil and you only need such a small amount. It's much more precise this way. Just don't touch the dropper to your hand or face or anything if you're worried about it being unhygienic.

Basically, I love it and I really hope it continues to work for my skin. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I don't know who Josie Maran is, but I love her 100% Pure Argan Oil. I know it's organic, has no fragrance, & for all skin types, but I don't use this on my skin because I have oily skin. Actually, you can dress your salads & even put this on baby's butts… I just use it in my hair—particularly when I'm straightening it. It makes my hair shiny, but not obnoxiously so & it moisturizes all my hair without leaving it greasy looking or feeling.

I read that some people don't, but I actually like that it's packaged with a dropper as opposed to a squeeze bottle or a pump. I like being able to see exactly how much I'm using & being precise about how much product I use. This is my favorite argon oil & if you have 3 or 4 (a, b, or c), I recommend using this as a hair treatment.

I have the 0.5 oz – Mini jar, which is $16 at Sephora; there are also 1.7 oz for $48 & 4 oz – Jumbo for $96 (a $115 value).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by oodles12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

good product. great for the skin. absorbs into skin nicely especially if used after cleaning the face with the clarisonic mia 2. however it is SOOO not worth the price. you can easily go to Whole Foods and get organic 100 percent pure argan oil for half the price and a HUGE bottle. or organic morrocan or jojoba oil. will not repurchase. also not a huge fan of the dropper. would rather have a pump or a cap with an opening from which to pour the pproduct.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To start off let me just say my skin is oily and acne prone. I am on acne topical medications which keeps the breakouts from going out of control. With that said, it may or may not impact how this product works with my skin. The medications make my skin feel dry and flaky, but it's actually oily unless I use this due to overproduction of sebum to counteract the acne medications. Also since I am on the medications, I cannot accurately say whether or not an item actually breaks me out, because almost nothing can break me out. I just have skin reactions to products that don't get along with my skin, not breakouts per se, but just red spots that may flare up or itch or any number of other things that can happen.

I only use this particular oil at night because it does feel a little heavy. Not as heavy as say rosehip oil, coconut oil, or even olive oil to name a few other oils that people do use on their face. It does however absorb quickly so your face doesn't look and feel greasy. But you do feel it's presence in a way I can't quite seem to put into words.

Now the results you get from this product may vary from mine. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to different products. In the day time I use a similar product which I have a review of as well. It is the light version of this oil since I do not want such a heavy product on my face while I have a lot of other products on it already. Do check out the other product if this one seems too heavy for you. But you are probably better off steering clear of either if you have had some kind of reaction. With a reaction like breakouts it is hard to say, but if you are willing to give it a shot, maybe the light version will be a godsend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVING this! I've been hooked on Moroccan Oil for my hair and facial and body oils generally, from way back when Clarins was one of the few (maybe the only) company making facial oils and specific body oils. But maybe because Josie Maran isn't really well known in Canada, I just never bothered to try her 100% pure argan oil until a few days ago.

I like that this can be used around the eyes (not so with the Clarins oils and I'm not sure one way or the other with the Kiehl's and Boscia tsubaki oils I have) as well as all over the face. It's great for nails and cuticles. I haven't tried it on my hair yet (I only have the tiny bottle and want to make it last) but I think will definitely give it a try before finishing the bottle entirely but I do plan on getting the middle sized one very soon because I like the multipurpose nature of this. Applying it to my face at night, my skin seems very calm and soothed and when I wake up, my skin look soft and not at all oily or greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by penelopet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Argan oil is ok, but not my favorite, but this is super over priced for no reason. You can buy the same quality elsewhere for much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not using this particular brand but I definitely wanted to comment on the wonders of Argan oil. I love it because it is not too greasy and it soaks in my skin immediately. I was a desperate case trying to find a good moisturizer. I have always had oily/combination sensitive skin (acne prone when I use the wrong products). It is getting very dry with age and the wind where I live now, so nothing I bought really worked for me with all the requirements I had (something not too harsh, moisturizing enough but not too much).With pure Argan oil, my skin looks alive again. I don't put it on during the day though because it gives my skin an oily and dull look. I put two to three drops in the evening right before I go to sleep and the next day, I have fresh youthful looking moisturized skin! I also don't use it every single day. I am still experimenting, but for now 3 times a week seem ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by QuapawNDN

Absolutely LOVE this! I have the most finicky skin and this has done wonders! I use it twice a day and I can tell a HUGE difference in the texture of my skin if I skip a time. Despite high price, this is HG for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by barbiebeautyguru22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AWFUL PRODUCT!!!!! i thought i would be DEWY but instead i was DRY as a Bone in the Sahara DESERT!!!!!! this will make u MATTE! the oil BROKE ME OUT AND I HAD A BUNCH OF WHITEHEADS!!! UGH!!!!!