Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 10/3/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love! I was skeptical about all this wonder of argan oil hoo-ha. It's oil. You could use coconut or almond or olive oil from the kitchen.

And the first few times, although my skin is dry, it felt bizarre to put oil right on my face, not a watered-down lotion. But call me a convert. I still rely mostly on my favorite lotion (Brallywood!), but will use a tiny drop or two of this, now and again on my face, then rub my hands in my hair, on those days when it's a bit frizzy (caution: a tiny amount after most is rubbed off or you'll be washing your hair again!) Argon oil is rich, and a little goes a long way, but it oddly feel "drier" than other oils. It's emollient, yet not greasy.

The price seemed absurd to this cheapskate, so after my gift sample ran out, I bought a giant bottle of an unheard of brand at Marshalls for $7.98. Again, hate to say it, being the bargain hunter, but it did not feel the sane. I missed the wee eye-dropper, and it was messy to decant. And the cheap stuff had that slightly musty, chocolate-gone-off scent that shea butter products often have, but I don't smell anything with the Josie Maran.

As I like the cleansing oil and the facial sunscreen, I buy multiples of the 3 piece kit at Sephora. The tiny bottle lasts forever for me, and I use it up before the label gets all oily and gross, as the one big bottle did.

I can't vouch for magical healing properties or pH stuff, etc., but it feels lovely and calmed, not irritated if you use just a tiny bit.

Love it, but if you are new to argan oil, get a sample and go very, very lightly.

I adore a few of Josie Maran's products, but have hit a few clunkers, so a big endorsement for this, but not the full line.

on 8/31/2015 7:02:00 AM

This has worked wonders on my perioral dermatitis!

I have used Josie Maran products off and on for years. I had never been a constant user of her argan oil on my face until recently when I finished up some other oils I had been alternating: Caudalie Divine Oil and Paula's Choice Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster.

I had a large bottle of argan oil that I received in a set from QVC and I decided it was time to use it up. I'm not really sure whats so different with the argan oil that it has cleared up my perioral dermatitis, but let me tell you it has worked!

My dermatologist had me on minocycline to clear up my perioral dermatitis. At the beginning of the summer the minocycline was causing me severe sensitivity due to increased sun exposure, to the point where I stopped using it. I figured I'd start taking it again in the fall/winter when I had less sun exposure. After being off it for a few months, my perioral dermatitis was still there, but not getting any worse.

After about a week of constantly using the argan oil twice daily, I started to notice my perioral dermatitis was clearing. At first I wasn't sure why, but soon linked it to the argan oil because nothing else had changed in my routine.

It's been well over a month now and I have no signs of the perioral dermatitis returning! The argan oil has been such a great find for clearing it up! I highly recommend anyone with perioral dermatitis to give it a try and see if it works for you. It's a lot better than having to take a prescription that causes skin sensitivity.

OMG. Where has this been all my life?!?! Amazing. My dry patches on my face are no longer there and I also use this on my hair and even on my feet. I love this stuff, it has saved my skin and although it is on the pricey side, I don't even care because it works and works Really well. I now see why everyone goes crazy for this stuff!

on 8/10/2015 12:02:00 PM

I wanted to see what the hype was all about so I bought it and used it on my face to moisturize it. It was no different than using my regular facial moisturizer. Matter of fact, it didn't absorb well, leaving my face super shiny and I needed to use more powder to counteract the shine. I wish I tried a sample first before buying one, now it's been languishing on my dresser for eons now.

on 8/6/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use this stuff on everything. My nails, hair ,feet, etc.

on 7/11/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I jumped on the Argan Oil bandwagon when I tried the cheaper alternative. A brand called Acure Organics. That one did wonders to my skin. And I was happy with it. I went on to purchase the second bottle of the Acure Organics Argan Oil but didn't like the smell of the second bottle, it smelt like manure. So I browsed through and decided to try this. This is of course double the price, but since a little goes a long way, I thought why the hell not? So I bought it and it was a much better quality then the one I previously used. This calmed my blemished plagued skin every time I use it at night, I can even use it in the morning if I let it absorb in advance. It decreases the size of the blemishes I had and calmed down any inflammation I had. I haven't noticed the anti aging benefit. But it moisturises pretty decently and makes my skin soft the morning after. I am now on my second bottle.

on 6/25/2015 5:27:00 PM

Best Aragon oil on the market. I've been using it for 3 years. Not only has it helped minimize my eczema, but it removed the scars that my eczema has caused. This has worked better then all the prescriptions I have received from my dermatologist. I will never be without it.

on 5/24/2015 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Buy one of these and carry it with you everywhere. I use it on hair, face, body, nails ... It's a great all rounder and has become one of my few indispensable items. Granted, there are cheaper versions of Argan oil, but none of them work quite like this one. Frankly if I wanted a cheaper oil, I'd just stick with coconut oil but not a generic Moroccan oil that tries to pass itself off as Argan oil.

on 5/24/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Guess it's been about a month since I received a free deluxe sample of this from Sephora. I admit that I'm shocked that my skin likes it! And I probably will purchase once my sample is gone.

The good news is while Josie Maran is the biggest importer of Argan from Morocco, her Argan is also ethically sourced. Here's a quote from Sephora:

"Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil is first cold pressed to ensure the best quality, highest-grade oil. It is housed in a recyclable glass bottle and purchased from women�s cooperatives in Morocco to support their social and economic welfare. These cooperatives work within a UNESCO biosphere reserve that ensures the protection and reforestation of Argan trees."

Here's a link to a peer-reviewed study that demonstrates that argan oil is protective against melanoma.

UPDATE (7/17/15): Time for an I quite like this now that I figured out how my skin likes it best. I thought I'd share in case anyone else was having difficulty with residual stickiness. I basically started with using HABA's squalane application technique, using water to "thin" it. Just two drops on the fingertips of my left hand, then spritzed twice with some distilled water. Rub both sets of finger tips together, then press. I repeat for my neck. Voila!

on 4/29/2015 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wish this oil worked for me. It broke me out badly after several days using it. So I'm using this on my dry elbows, knees and hair. I hate to waste product.