Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.9

100% pure organic Argan Oil

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Wonderful for dry, sensitive skin. My skin gets extremely dry and also breaks out easily and this has solved all of my skin issues. If you have been thinking about trying, you have to!

The oil is not too thick but moisturizes well. Soaks in quickly.

on 2/20/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love all argan oil, so it was no surprise when I loved this. I have severely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions and am always looking for ways to help out my skin. This is awesome because it not only was a non-irritating hydrator for my skin, but also worked very well on my hair. I tend to use this on my skin at night under a moisturizer because on it's own it doesn't offer quite enough moisture (bear in mind I have extremely dry skin and most people can get away with just this). I use this on its own during the day. My favorite way to use this, though, is on my hair. It makes it so soft, shiny, and manageable. It's really a lovely oil (isn't all argan oil lovely?) and I recommend it fully.

on 2/9/2015 5:11:00 PM

This is not something I use every day. But I find it's a great addition to have on hand in my makeup bag. I use it for dry spots on my skin. I use it at times my hair seems especially dry. I use a few drops to tame fly-away hairs. I use it to moisturize my cuticles. Just a good thing to have on hand for the times I find I need it.

on 2/4/2015 6:10:00 PM

I really really love using argan oil in my skincare! I use this mostly for my face. I will add a drop of it to my liquid foundation to make a more satin/velvety finish to it. It use a drop as eye moisturizer instead of using expensive eye creams. I will pat this over my face when im feeling extra dry or add to my lotions for my body if I need extra moisturization there as well.

The only reason why I added I wouldnt buy again is because I wouldnt buy this specific brand again. Josie Maran's argan oil is extremely over priced. Sally Beauty now carries a 1oz oil for $9, physicians formula carries a 1oz oil for $15 and my local natural living store carries their own brand of argan oil, 2oz for $12...so there are many cheaper options than this, I suggest trying to find one of them instead of buying into this expensive brand!!!

on 2/4/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Despite it's fluffy marketing and if you're tried REAL argan oil, this is clearly not 100% argan oil. Cooking oil perhaps with some mixed in but it's too clear, lacks any sediment at all and the consistency just is all wrong.

No question it's impure. Sold as not being 100% cold pressed and at a reasonable price, sure, for a $10 bottle, why not.

But as a fake, at over $50 it's a joke. Glad mine was a freebie. Wouldn't bother.

on 1/24/2015 2:10:00 AM

I originally bought this to use for my body and hair but ended up using it as a facial moisturizer with surprisingly awesome results. As a moisturizer for my body, it did absolutely nothing for my cuticles, dry hands, and legs. When I put a few drops in my hair after a shower, it made it terribly greasy by the end of the day even though my hair is slightly dry to begin with.

That said, I used this to moisturize my face after I ran out of lotion and I couldn't believe how well it nourished my skin. I have never used an oil to moisturize my face because I get breakouts (only along my jaw) so I thought it would only make it worse but it's actually improved my skin. I have dryness and itching along my jawline and some dryness on my nose, but no breakouts on the rest of my face. This product calmed the dryness and itching, and has not caused any new breakouts. It also made my skin look smooth and poreless--I couldn't believe it! I have sensitive skin and only use fragrance-free products. I use 2-3 drops max for my whole face because an extra few drops can make it feel unbearably greasy. This product should be used sparingly on the face and make sure to really rub it in for optimal absorption. TIP: Make sure to wait until your face is totally dry before applying. Any dampness on the skin will prevent the oil from getting fully absorbed in the face.

Overall, a 1/5 as a hair and body moisturizer but a 5/5 as a facial moisturizer!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was okay.

I was excited to purchase a moisturizer that had such few ingredients in it, and no fragrance. It did moisturize, and a few drops goes a long way. I use it for my face. I like it best at bed time because it takes a while to absorb. I found it a little too oily for my hair.

I gave it 3 lippies because I think it causes me to break out a little bit. I will probably be using the rest of the bottle as a moisturizer for my body.

on 1/11/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start by saying I have extremely oily skin. I have been using this product for about a year now. I apply 5-6 drops as a moisturizer both day and night. Since using this I have noticed a decrease in my natural oil production and my skin looks and feels amazing!

I bought the small bottle in my forever hunt for my hg moisturizer, especially since I love oils. My skin has gone from dry to oily, and it sucks for both. On dry skin, it sits on top like a layer and makes my face feel like pavement. on oily skin, it sort if absorbs, but give me volcano pimples. the bottle isn't even pretty and I spilled it, and the price is crazy. don't buy into sephoras hype over it.

on 12/14/2014 11:05:00 PM

I like this oil more as an overnight treatment than an oil for daytime wear. It is a bit thicker than some other oils and therefore is a bit too heavy for use under makeup (except for extremely dry skin). I have since find argan oil from other companies much cheaper and for this reason will not repurchase.