April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by tootired

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went into Sephora to try and buy Tarte Smooth Operator but after having an in depth conversation with the very informative SA, she convinced me not to buy Tarte but to give Jose Maran a try as she felt it would be better for my dry, old, face. IDK...maybe because of my age and the target demos of both companies she felt Josie would be a better match?

Thankfully, she sent me packing with SIX generous samples of both brands, 3 colors each. What a gal!

I had no luck with Josie Maran. Shades were off, consistency was too thick, and it did nothing to enhance my completion at all. It was difficult to apply even with a good moisturizer underneath. At the sides of my face where I have the slightest bit of peach fuzz, the product just stuck to the fuzz and it was impossible to blend. The finish was dull, drab ,blotchy, covered nothing and adhered to the smallest of flakes I had that could not be detected by the eye without the product on.

It was a total bust for me. As for Tarte, I'm wearing it today and as a quick comparison to Josie, it applied 100 times better, has more covering power and has a lovely finish. Too soon to tell but I'll review Tarte when I've spent more time with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE all of Josie's products, but this one fell a little flat in my opinion. It's more like a BB cream than a tinted moisturizer, as it's light in weight but quite thick. Too thick, IMO. It oxidizes on my skin too, turning it brownish, which I don't like. I definitely shows that I'm wearing foundation. That said, I'll still use other products from the line because, apart from this, they're really fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kmhanker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this is a nice product, I'm not over the moon for it. It's a little too thick and too heavy for my taste; calling it a tinted moisturizer is misleading. I do mix this product with my facial moisturizer to thin it out, but if I'm going to spend this much money on a product, I'd like it to actually be a tinted moisturizer.

The color is also a bit dark (I use Creme). If you're fair with cool undertones, I suggest trying a sample first. I suspect that I may also have a reaction to the argan oil (I've developed smal bumps on my cheeks, which has never happened before). On the plus side, it is moisturizing and oxidizes well with my skin. I'd purchase it again, but only if it was the only natural tinted moisturizer available.

I will update this when I have more information regarding the argan oil reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBloom14

Overall I love it! Check out my blog post for a detailed review! http://beautybloom14.blogspot.com/2014/03/josie-maran-cosmetics-argan-tinted.html

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

I have light-medium (depending on season), yellow-toned, combo skin. I use this in Light 1. For a tinted moisturiser the coverage is really good! I found the shade nice for warm skin tones and I love that it is SPF 30 physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide + mostly zinc oxide). There's definitely better out there as far as the feel/finish department goes. I think it may be due to the physical sunscreens in this, but I find you can really feel the product on your face. It is hard to blend too, as in once you've applied it you need to blend immediately because it sticks and dries fast - not light and smooth at all. Because of this drying/sticking I would not recommend this if you have dry skin. Overall decent TM with good physical sunscreen coverage (I'm not sure how natural the product actually is), but in general there's better out there IMO, especially if you have dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by savyy

This goes on really thick yet doesn't cover nicely. It doesn't blend in nicely - tried it with fingers, sponge and foundation brush. It also looked splotchy and oily but also accentuated dry spots by the end of the day. Only good thing is the natural SPF but I just felt like I was slathering on a heavy mineral sunscreen rather than a TM. The ingredients are also sketchy for a supposedly 'natural' brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Kb777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As the others stated, to call this a tinted moisturizer is misleading. It is absolutely more like a medium coverage foundation. And like a foundation, I find that I have to wear moisturizer underneath it, even to make the product blend more smoothly. That said, I do like the product a lot. I think the coverage is nice. I also like the color (I have Light 1). It has a warm golden undertone that works well with my skin and in my opinion, is hard to find. That said, I think someone who didn't have a warm undertone in their skin would probably hate the color. I would buy this again, the one draw back however is the price. It's expensive for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by volpone2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this TM. It has really great coverage as other reviewers have stated, it's more like a medium coverage foundation than a TM. That also justifies the price, which is very high, but again the coverage is a lot heavier than most TMs. Definitely a HG product for me. I have oily skin but it just makes me glowy, not oily. By mid day my skin looks flawless when paired with a little concealer for darker acne spots. Would definitely repurchase and recommend to all skin types (as it's very moisturizing as well)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by misschocolat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ugh. What a disappointment. I have dry, sensitive skin and despite thoroughly moisturizing before applying, my skin felt dried out and taught 15 minutes after putting this on. Color looked yellowish on me too. An epic fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Asiatic1

medium coverage with dewy finish with lightweight feel. I was trying to find a substitute for Fresh highnoon glow and I've trie many and this comes the closest one to it. it evens out my color and texture but hydrates and my skin is radiant. I've tried it all(bb creams) and tinted moisturizer and this is the best!