December 22, 2014 | 1308 users online

Eye Primer - Claudia Stevens - Eyeshadow Base

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this product has been reformulated since the other reviewers wrote here. So I'll share my thoughts on the new product. This is such a great alternative to the expensive primers! It's tinted, but it's not very dark. And you're going to put eyeshadow on top of it, so if it's a little off, it's probably not a big deal. I have found that this keeps my shadow on the longest of anything I've tried, no creasing, either! I even was swatching some shadows on the back of my hand, using this as a base, and the shadows washed off with soap, but the primer was STILL THERE. Crazy. The only thing I don't really like is the applicator. I think a fuzzy slant-tip with little holes isn't the best way to dispense this. I wish it was a squeeze tube, but I will survive. I use it as if it were a squeeze tube, so no harm done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this last week and since i've been using it I've been happy with it. No creasing keeps eyeshadow color true all day. From reading the last post it seems this has been reformulated and repackaged. The one I bought comes in a squeeze tube with foam applicator. because I think a foam applicator may have problems spreading bacteria I squeeze a tiny bit out and use a concealer brush to apply on lids. I've used it on the lid up to the crease and all over lid area it works both ways. The formulation is a light, creamy, opaque Nude color that sheers out when applied. For $3.99 plus discount this is a really good buy! I tried the Palladio eye primer and it creased on me so I returned that one and picked up the Claudia Stevens Eye Primer instead, I'm glad I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is sold at Sally Beauty Supply, normally for $4.99 but this week it was on sale for $2.59. I have been looking for a less expensive primer and I think I have found it....though I will admit, this is not a very luxurious product.

You get .33 fl oz in a plain, no frills white tube with a want applicator. The product is thin, white, and slightly grainy when it first goes on. It is clear on the lids, so if you like a nude colored primer that evens out the eyelid color, this won't do it for you. But, it does make shadow last. The first day I put this on one eye, and UDPP on the other, and could see no difference at the end of the day...and I deliberately used a cheaper shadow that creases/fades without primer. The next day I used this product alone and had equally good results.

So, it is clear, has a weird texture, and does not come in a pretty purple and silver bottle.....but, it's ALOT less expensive! Especially this week, with the sale....I would recommend it, it is definately worth a try!