April 18, 2014 | 899 users online

Loose Powders - Palladio - Rice Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

This is probably the best loose powder I've ever used for my oily and blemish prone skin. It somehow glosses over my huge pores and makes them look smaller, and my skin smoother. The finish is also surprisingly not overly matte which I like. It keeps the oil away for a few hours, but even when I can feel it on my face, I can't really see it obviously appearing which is nice when I'm busy and not too diligent on the whole blotting routine. As everyone else has mentioned, the packaging is AWFUL. There's nothing you can slide over the sifter holes so the powder gets everywhere. Since I bought this in the US and was travelling for a month, I had to keep this in a separate tight fitting plastic bag in my makeup bag in fear of it getting everywhere. Also, the stiff little puff that comes with it is useless but I keep it there in attempts to lessen the amount of powder that comes out.

For reference, I use the colour 'natural' and I have fair, yellow toned (Asian) skin. It looks natural and not at all powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaaby

I love the actual powder itself! It keeps me pretty matte for a while which is a miracle for my super oily skin! BUT the biggest and only con is that it's not a pressed powder. Do not bring it around with you! It goes EVERYWHERE! When you open the cap a powder cloud will form around your face. And I'm not fond of the smell. I wish they would make a pressed powder ):

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by swancena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent oil blotting powder! Other than perhaps Kryolan Anti Shine, nothing has kept my very oily skin in check for much more than 2 hours. It has light to medium coverage so I use a little concealer for any marks but otherwise I can wear this on its own. Warm beige matches my NC40 skin well (it goes on fairly light but settles in after about 10 minutes and then blends darker). It smells of baby powder- in a good way- and keeps me oil free for about 4 or maybe 5 hours with a good base/primer underneath. The packaging isn't great as it goes everywhere when you pull the lid off but this isn't a problem for me as I just decant the powder into a smaller pot for my handbag. It's good value for money as well, very pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

Love this! Decent coverage for a loose powder, good oil control, and a nice natural finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Like any average lady, I've a very oily T-zone. I saw this at Ulta one day, upon reading the packaging, was immediately intrigued, whipped out my phone and read up on some reviews here on MUA, I was so stoked! It sounded awesome! Unfortunately, it did not work for me the way it works for other ladies. I wasn't too terribly disgruntled, as the price wasn't awful, and the packaging is awfully cute, though inconvenient. I discovered a way for this to work out in my favor though, on days I want my makeup dark or know I will have extraordinary fallout, I reach for this stuff, dab it underneath my eyes, and wipe away when I'm finished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Decent loose powder for the money, but this product doesn't have enough going for it for me to be willing to put up with the terrible, leaky packaging. This product has been leaking powder from the moment I took the protective outer tamper guard. Since the holes in the top of the sifter were still taped up at that point, I can only assume that the powder must have leaked around the sifter. I tried to minimize any future mess by only peeling off a third of the tape over the holes so I could reseal them between uses, but no luck. The powder sticks to the peeled back portion of the sticker, preventing it from resealing. So unless you store all of your makeup in a space where it can stay upright and undisturbed, this product is too messy to deal with.

As for the product itself, I found it to be good but not great. It's finely milled and soft, and if applied with a light hand, doesn't look cakey on or alter the color of my foundation. It doesn't cling to any of my dry patches either which is nice. It does a pretty good job setting my under eye concealer so that my mascara doesn't start to smudge by the end of the day, but over all I found its ability to control oil in my T-zone to be underwhelming. I find myself needing to blot after 4 hours and repowder my T-zone after 7, which isn't terrible, but isn't any better than most of the pressed powders I've tried that can do the same task with less mess.

Oh and this powder is pretty strongly scented. I don't mind as I don't find the fragrance (it smells like baby powder) offensive, but I imagine it wouldn't go over well with any one particularly sensitive to fragrant facial products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jillmaclaine

I love this stuff! i got it in translucent just to try it because I found it at Sally's at a really good price. Its lasted me a really long time- like 8 months
I don't use the little puff it comes with, I just use a powder brush and it works great. Its very fine, so it gets in the small creases and whatnot. Sometimes i will use my finger to get a little more powder and put it under my eye so my congealer really stays in place
Love this and will definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Bevirtuous31

Palladio Translucent Rice Powder Review I am in love...I have combination skin that's more on the oily side, I have a fair African American complexion (like Kerry Washington), and I also have enlarged pores on my nose. After applying it my skin texture looked smooth especially on my nose and I did not ashy! After a couple hours I'm still oil free. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Flawless finish for the super-pale gal? This stuff does it right!

The packaging is kind of a nightmare, with messy fallout and no sure way to keep the powder closed. Often on sale at Sally Beauty or Ulta, so you may as well give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by bettycockroach

This stuff is my little secret. I'm actually not a makeup person because my face gets super oily every time I wear it, but since I've discovered this product I'm much more comfortable wearing foundation. I only like the smell because it's nostalgic for me, but I can understand why others complain about it smelling like elderly women or whatever. I suggest you use a brush instead of the square applicator enclosed. Definitely give this a try if you're a profuse sweater/oily person.