MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 8/25/2015 3:37:00 PM

I wish I could love this foundation. C3 was my perfect match, you get more bang for your buck if you buy the biggest bottle and it didn't oxidize on me nor did it break me out.

However, it took me ages to apply my make up because it takes a while to dry and because it's so sheer. I don't need a lot of coverage but this foundation is so sheer, it hardly gave me any coverage at all. I'm set after two layers, it looks lovely at first but after 2+ hours I look like I ran a marathon. I also hate the way it feels on my skin, it feels very slimy and I always feel like it could fall off my face any second, no matter how many times I set it with powder.

on 8/23/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Little bit of background, I'm an oily skinned person and I like the look of dewy skin some days because I usually have a slight dewy look being oily skinned. I find matter stuff can look too much like makeup.

I'm normally an NC30 and use C3 which is a good match.

This foundation is very watery and it's best applied with your fingers. I've tried it with brushes and it leaves a weird residue on them.
Rubbing this in, the heat and friction make it become thicker and it sticks to the skin and it's really nice.

The coverage is sheer but it can be built up to a light/medium coverage.
Not medium coverage but definitely more than light coverage.
Something I really like about this is that it can be built up to that light medium coverage and doesn't look cakey at all!

If you try and add more the stuff you have on your fingers starts to liquify the makeup on your face so it starts to move around. So it can really only go up to a light/medium coverage.

I look super greasy when this is first applied. Some days I'll just use a loose powder with a brush on my t-zone to tone the shine down, my face will look super soft with this and I'd get compliments plus it still has that slight dewiness where it's all over but looks really good.
Another way is to "cook" it with loose powder and really set it.
It does look like you have some makeup on with this method but it lasts a lot longer for those with oily skin and doesn't look too matte

on 8/23/2015 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

MAC Face and Body foundation is a sheer coverage foundation which is very different to any other foundation produced by MAC. I am NC20 and use this in shade C2. This foundation is very watery/runny out of the bottle. To get the best effect, you should apply this with your fingers, rubbing it in gentle, circular motions across your face. The heat from your fingers and face will cause the foundation to thicken slightly, to a creamy texture rather than a watery one, and using your fingers to apply will prevent streaking. It is a sheer coverage foundation, so it covers any redness in my face and lightens my under-eye circles, however my freckles are still visible up close. I would not recommend this if you are suffering from acne and needing something full coverage, this foundation is for those who need only a light coverage. It provides slightly more coverage than a BB cream would. I have normal, slightly dry skin and this foundation stays matte on me and does not dry out my skin. This is a good foundation for days where you need only a light coverage in order to look put together. It looks very good with pale blushes like Well Dressed (also by MAC). I would repurchase.

I went out on a limb despite the claims that it wasn't good for oily skin... and I'm so glad that I did! This has become my everyday foundation. I work in a casual office that I don't feel the need to wear too much makeup and this is my current go to foundation.

For all my oily ladies... I feel your pain and this is how I use this product.

I use Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control foam wash, I tone my skin with Bliss mattifying toning pads, I use H20+ Marine Calm serum (on days when I seem more red than usual or after a hormonal acne flare up), and then for my moisturizer I use Murad Oil-Control Mattifier. If the lovely NC humidity is at its usual 90% I will spray an oil control setting spray BEFORE putting on my foundation. I then put on my Mac Face & Body with my Target foundation brush (because this foundation is bad about matting my expensive brushes up... but I prefer the finish I get with a brush instead of my fingers), I let it set up a little bit, conceal any angry face monsters, then set it with whatever setting powder I'm using at the time, and just like that I have a non oily natural look that doesn't look cakey.

If I've sweat or the humidity is high I might have to blot a little after 3 or 4 hours and put some matte powder on... But its nothing that we don't already do, right?

on 8/9/2015 10:56:00 AM

I got a sample of this and used it up. I don't like this because I have combination skin and even when setting with powder and using a matte primer, this melted off easily. I think it broke me out too.

on 8/8/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in summer 2014 I find it can get a bit watery but sets into your skin in very quickly. I use the real technique brush but I find it's very good if you rub in with your fingers also. I have bought 2 bottles and I love it. I think it's very natural and blends in really well with your skin tone. A definite must buy. Very good product it's worth the price I think!

on 7/26/2015 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

If you have oily skin and stuff to cover this definably will not be for you if you consider buying it (i did ) get a sample first,
but if you want it for your kit gho for it cuz not everyone needs a lot of coverage

on 7/25/2015 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this foundation for my wedding in 2013, i didnt end up wearing it in the end as i found a foundation with more coverage and wanted SPF (which this foundation doesnt have)
This foundation goes on very weird! it is very watery,i wouldnt use a brush just fingers,you have to massage into your skin and it sets quite quickly.I find it quite light coverage, you can build this up to achieve a medium coverage however.
Its a great foundation if you just need the light coverage and it really doesnt budge when its on! I like it but dont think I will buy again,its just too expensive.However saying that i feel you do get alot of product for the price.

on 7/22/2015 12:45:00 AM

My holy grail foundation! This stuff is beautiful on the skin. It is completely undetectable and even though it has very light coverage it evens out the skin and makes you look naturally perfected. I not only use this as foundation I use it to adjust color and finish of other foundations that I'm not entirely happy with. Works like a charm every time. It does have more of a dewy finish but nothing that can't be fixed with a little setting powder if you like to look more matte. You get a lot of product for how much it costs especially if you grab the bigger size. It doesn't transfer on me either which happens with some dewy foundations. Overall I think it's a must try if you like natural makeup or if you like fuller coverage. It's easily build able and never looks cakey.

on 7/18/2015 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely foundation. It's water based so not thick or gloopy and blends well. It's very light so not brilliant if you want heavier coverage or to cover a lot of blemishes or redness.
It allows natural radiance shine through and it's buildable too so you can layer it if needed. Price is awesome as it lasts a long time and the smaller bottles have 50ml (most foundations have 30ml)

It's say it's better for drier skin types. I think if you're oilier it'd make you look overly shiny and you'd definitely need a powder with it, but don't dismiss it if you are on the oilier side.

I've repurchased this time and time again, having tired lots of other foundations. I keep going back, especially in the Summer as it's so lightweight.

Video Reviews & Tutorials