January 28, 2015 | 907 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 11:08:00 AM More reviews by AngelaLOVE123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im a fan of this foundation.

It works great for my normal to dry skin. I love the finish of this and always get complimented on my skin with this one. Its very light but evens out my skin tone and gives me a very fresh appearance. There isn't a lot of coverage from this foundation so i recommend it for individuals with fairly good skin already. I apply this with my fingers and find it looks best when done this way. However, two big things to be cautious about.
1. Because of the dewy finish, during the day be ready to powder every few hours as it can lean to the oily looking side.
2. Have a good cleanser and wash your face really well after wearing this foundation as it does tend to clog pores. I take quite good care of my skin but did notice that compared to other foundations, this does clog quite a bit despite the lovely finish. My sister is very low maintenance in the skincare department and hated this foundation. I on the other hand love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 9:35:00 AM More reviews by OFCLalexG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation we used it on a set one day to help cover up scars and tattoos and it works heavenly!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 12:29:00 PM More reviews by soph7890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I genuinely do really love this foundation, however it just doesn't suit my skin and lifestyle at the moment. It is a very light, sheer coverage, which can be built up, but even then it's not enough coverage for my oily skin. And the finish is another thing. It is supposed to set as a skin like finish, which I find it does, but after only a few hours it separates on my face. My relentless natural oils break through and eat at the makeup, dissolving it away. The poor face and body isn't durable enough to combat it :(. This finish once freshly applied is beautiful though, I have to say. Glowy, gorgeous, dewy perfection. If only my skin wasn't so oily and acne prone!

Again, the coverage can be built up, I have gotten it to a medium coverage, but no more than that. I have to go over it with a concealer for more coverage on my acne scars. For someone with normal/dry/combo skin who needs very minimal coverage, I highly recommend this foundation as it will really beautify and pep your skin up :).

Happy make-up hunting!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 8:35:00 PM More reviews by daria5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always go back to this foundation. The price is amazing for the amount of product you get. The texture is light and easy to apply. Once it sets it looks extremely natural and has great lasting power. I always set it with translucent powder, as I don't prefer a dewy finish. It also photographs well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Weerosie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

No didn't like this foundation at all. It became an emergency foundation when I was out of everything else. I bought this after hearing a great review from one of my friends. She has problem skin and I was sure that it was going to be a great purchase. When I first poured it out it was quite watery and then the application is was quite tacky. I felt the application went on quite sheer but you had to build up the coverage quite quickly as it would dry and then flake off if you put it on too slowly. I felt that my skin was oily and my face was shiny and greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become one of my favourite foundations .
This foundation Goes on the skin very supple and moisturize looking , it's light coverage but build able to a medium . If you use one coat of this foundation it will only cover some redness & make the skin look A-little more even , If you use two coats of this foundation it will cover your redness and even out your face with a natural look , bumps and some acne issues will still be a little noticeable though ( if you have any ofcourse ) ..

The pros about this foundation is ..

- The packaging is cute , it reminds me of a Mini Baby bottle lol ..

- It's water resistant

- it can be used on your body ( I don't recommend if you are wearing white though , I just blend the foundation down my neck )

- it's great for the winter time , especially if you have dry skin or combination skin ( I'm combination Oily-normal but can sometimes be alittle dry around my nose in the winter . )

- it's super natural looking and blend-able

- they have a great shade section

- it's a water based foundation so it won't give you bad acne.

- it makes your skin look moisturized .

- You can feel the foundation setting on your face as your blending it out . ( which is rare that you feel a light coverage foundation with a dewy finish setting on your face ) ..

- it doesn't become blotchy after awhile ( basically holds up really good for a light coverage foundation )

The Con about this product is ..

- after having this foundation on for awhile it will get alittle sticky ( if you have oily skin and didn't use a good primer )

- You have to shake it for 20seconds before each use and before each coat if adding more then one coat .

- it oxidizes in the face in a natural way ( I like it but others may not , the foundation does not get darker it just sinks into the skin giving it a more glowy luminous look ) .

- Your brush can get clumpy if you use it too much with this foundation without cleaning your brush .

Shade info .

It's very easy to match your self to this foundation line .. However be careful because it can still turn out ashy/grey or yucky looking if it's the wrong shade or isn't close to your shade .

I'm a NC40 - NC35 and I use the shade C4 in M.A.C face and body foundation ..

If your a NC44 - NC42 or a NC45 then C5 would be your shade , or C6 .

If your a NC30 then C3 would be for you .

If your NC25 then C3 would still probably be for you and if your a NC20 then C2 would be your shade .

I'm sure you guys get the point the lower the number the lighter the shade . The higher the number the deeper the shade .

Extra Info ..
I recommend using a buffing brush , stippling brush or a flat top kabuki brush for the best results and a more coverage look . I DONT RECOMMEND using a Sponge or your hands because it's a very light watery foundation , the sponge will suck it up and your hands will thin out the foundation MORE with the body heat . Causing you to get less product or a less coverage , I only recommend using your hands if you want a REALLY light coverage .

If you want to use this foundation because you like the moisturized supple or the dewy look BUT want to get a FULL coverage look out of this , I recommend Concealing/Correcting first and then using this foundation with a dense brush . ( flat top kabuki brush , buffing brush or good quality stippling brush ) .

All though this foundation is moisturizing I recommend STILL USING A PRIMER or a light moisturizer for the best results .

I will definitely repurchase this foundation , I never expected to like it so much considering the fact I like medium - Full coverage foundations ( no I don't have acne issues I just like having the option of being able to wear my foundation at a medium coverage - full coverage whenever I desire and because I like a flawless finish/Look . ) But this foundation really caught me by surprise .. i actually only bought this foundation out of a risk , I wanted to try something different and new , and I'm glad I did , def worth the money . :)

( OH AND the cost of this foundation is the same amount as the studio fix fluid foundation )

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 10:53:00 PM More reviews by creamsodasundae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! This is what I hoped a BB cream would be for me: very moisturizing and slightly more pigmented than sheer.

This provides a dewy finish, which is better for me than a matte formula as my skin has a tendency to dry out especially in the winter. I enjoy the moisturizing qualities of this foundation, as my heavier Lancome foundations are starting to emphasize my fine lines that I am developing as I age. The trade off with this formula is that I do not find it has the lasting power as heavier foundations, and it stays best if I set it with a powder. I usually try to avoid powder with my dry skin (again, as it emphasizes and settles into my fine lines), but I find it looks okay when paired with this foundation. I also find that I am going through my bottle of this foundation faster than I do with heavier foundations, because I both have to layer it and use a decent amount of it to actually cover my face.

I bought this in N1, though I probably could have also gotten away with NC1 which I tried as a sample. NC1 was slightly more yellowy on my skin tone, but it didn't look bad either. The product is so sheer that it is easy to blend in.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Christina09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in C1 and C2. I mix both together in the winter when I am paler. This is a nice light weight foundation that just looks like skin. I have not tried building it up for fuller coverage as I use a separate foundation for full coverage. I have super dry skin in the winter and it does not become flakey or cakey at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 1:49:00 AM More reviews by KateMoss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying every foundation out there for the past 2 years I finally settled on this one. Why?

- skin-like, invisible texture
- sheer-light coverage
- works with my dry-very dry skin
- does not settle into lines
- does not accentuate flakes
- does not irritate my sensitive skin
- perfect shade match (C1 matches my NC20-NC23 olive skin tone)
- stays put all day
- gives skin a youthful glow

The only cons about this foundation are the application and the slightly tacky finish. I need to rub the foundation on the palm of my hand before applying in order to thicken it and get coverage. This takes more effort than applying it straight up from a tube. I usually do 2 layers to get a nice, light coverage and it leaves my skin a bit tacky. What I do is, I let it sit for about a minute or two and then I press the skin with the palms of my hands in order to take away some of the tackiness and extra shine. So, it takes me a lot more time and effort to apply this foundation, but the final result is very much worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Charlotteeep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product is slowly but surely becoming my favourite MAC product !!
When I first tried this foundation I didn't love it! the coverage wasn't great. Only to find I wasn't using this product CORRECTLY!!! And most girls could be forgiven for not doing so as we all know when visiting our local MAC counter especially on a late night or weekend the traffic can be mental and the poor girls working the counter can be forgiven for missing this vital step although detrimental to the APPLICATION of this product.
The colours are quiet lovely in comparison to the studio fixes and if you are one of those girls who changes colour with the season you could purchase C7 And C1 like my room mate and mix as little or as much of the two to achieve the perfect colour. Now to the APPLICATION forget your brushes, beauty blenders and miracle face wands they won't help you here as it's time to go back to basics and use the little sausages attached to your palms (fingers especially clean ones) now if you like a light coverage work this product into the skin with your digits and straight away you will feel the product (which is very liquidy) start to thicken just like magic. Now for all those girls who said this was a non existent coverage shock horror it can be built up if you then add another layer using the same method. Conceal any other areas you have issues with your skin because most foundations could be forgiven for not covering every blemish or under eye bag.
Pros-
Size of the product and the amount.
Price.
Colour range.
Overall finish (if your looking for an every day makeup)
It feels lovely on the skin.
Doesn't make me oily (thank The Lord!)
Cons-
I think most cons of this product can be ironed out if you use it correctly.

100% would buy this again (or steal from my room mate)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No