Neostrata Wrinkle Repair

4.2

on 12/28/2010 3:07:00 PM

I had to wait for this product to go on sale, as it is not cheap. I had heard it was one of the best anti-wrinkle creams out there. I have seen no improvement (I have a few wrinkles under my eyes and my laugh lines are starting to show). It also makes my skin greasy. I will finish the bottle because I hate wasting, but I will not buy it again.

on 11/10/2010 2:19:00 AM

I have been using this day cream for two weeks now and I love it. The ingredients are wonderful and I definitely see a difference in my skin. The line is pricey but the quality is exceptional and at my age I willingly pay the price for the help with anti aging!

I have been using this for almost 10 days now. I have oily skin and have used this line for years, but felt ready for an intense cream. I am happy to say that it has made my skin look so clear! It doesn't make me break out and feels wonderful. Today two people told me my skin was glowing! I think this formula is only available in Canada, and from what I've read it is really great. I don't have many wrinkles but they are well on their way to disappearing. What a find!

on 4/1/2009 12:37:00 PM

Well after reading all these reviews and doing some more research I decided to look at Shoppers Drugmart to see if they had this on sale. Well they had it on sale and 2 for 1! I am always a bit worried about products as I have oily acne prone skin. I have used Neostrata for years though and still use the toning solution for acne prone skin as well as the 4 in 1 cleanser and Wrinkle Defense. My skin has really changed this year and I feel like I need something with more punch for my just starting to be noticeable wrinkles under my eyes. So I have only used this twice, but so far so good. It is very light. It did tingle last night but after an hour my skin looked very calm and happy. I will update once two months are up (or sooner) to report whether or not this worked. Neostrata is a really good company and this product is getting rave reviews. I think it may only be available in Canada though!

on 9/15/2008 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am probably on my 4th or 5th bottle of this product and I started using this the moment it came out. It is my favourite night-time cream, which I complement with the Neostrata's Skin Brightener + 10% glycolic oil-free lotion in the morning and my sking has never looked better. I am in my mid-to-late thirties and I get complimented on my skin that it looks like I'm in my twenties. My skin was not always this perfect as in my twenties I actually went through a bout of problematic skin, but that's all now history thanks to Neostrata. As I got into my 30's though, I needed to upgrade my night treatment and eventually, this treatment came into play. First of all, the price is $60 CAD for 30 ml (even though the bottle looks bigger, it is only 30 ml), so it does come across as pricey. However... by using this every night (2 pumps), I go through the bottle in about 2-3 months, so it does last a while. Also, I think I only bought this product once for it's full price. Shoppers Drug Mart (one of the best drugstores in Canada) has these frequently on a sale, plus, Neostrata often has a 2-for-1 deal on these. Last time I bough this treatment (about 2 weeks ago), I ended up paying $45 CAD for the two bottles. So, I actually think this is a decently priced product, if you wait for it to go on sale, then buy a stash. Secondly, the effectiveness... Well, as I said, this is my de facto night treatment now since it first came out, so that tells you something. I don't find it too rich, too light, just perfect. I find it moisturizes my face well and has definitely improved the appearance of my skin, plumped it up and just overall made it look even better than before. The two wrinkles that I do have (in nasolabial folds) are less noticeable than before. Overall, I am very happy with the treatment, have not had any breakouts, but regular exfoliation is a must. As I said, I complement this with the 20% Vit C in the morning and the 10% glycolic cream (also in the morning), sometimes I add Neostrata's retinol treatment (but I don't tolerate retinol well, so I don't use that too often) and I am vey happy with the overall state of my skin. Would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for non-irritating anti-age treatment and moisturizer in one (I have a normal to combo skin and don't use any moisturizers over this treatment).

on 10/19/2007 11:51:00 AM

I've been using this product for a few months now, but just around the eye area. My skin, thankfully, has very few wrinkles (good genes), and I am often mistaken for being in my early thirties (I am almost fifty-one). When I smile, though, the crow's feet and undereye wrinkles appear - which I don't mind too much - but I want to keep them to a minimum. I have noticed an appreciable difference with the Wrinkle Repair: smoother, and more shallow wrinkles. Yes, they are still there, but far less noticeable. A subtle, but definite, improvement.

I hate wasting time and money on useless, overpriced products. The cost is not exorbitant compared to products such as DDF's "RMX Essential" ($200) or SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex ($135 for 0.63 fl. oz.). If one uses it twice daily in moderation just on problem areas, it will last for months. I have no idea as to whether or not it is better than Strivectin, but it is certainly less expensive. To be fair, I have never used the above products, as I am unwilling to spend that much and be disappointed (or taken in); I am skeptical by nature.

The pump takes some getting used to: at first, too much came out, but now I know how much pressure to apply to retrieve the perfect amount.

I would certainly recommend this product to anyone - it is no miracle (good skin starts with nutrition, not topical products), but it can make a difference.

on 10/13/2007 9:49:00 AM

I heard good things about this product, but after only 3 applications, my skin broke out horribly in little bumps and a rash.

on 9/21/2007 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this product as it was highly-recommended by dermatologists and 3 different magazines. I'm 43 and want to take care of my skin. "Neostrata Wrinkle Repair" is a product that I would HIGHLY recommend. You can use it from the eyes down (& up) and after 6 weeks, I really did see a great improvement in my skin's texture, quality and vibrancy. It's peptide-based, promotes collagen growth and is very 'friendly' for sensitive skin. The price is a bit high at $60 Canadian but, that said, this comes in a very wisely-packaged pump and you do not need a lot. I love it and have re-purchased it twice now. Seriously good anti-wrinkle cream that is used both day and night!
**Updated Post: I've now been using the "Neostrata Wrinkle Repair" (I'm 44) for a full year & would not be without it! It softens nasal-labial lines, lip lines, crow's feet, furrows between brows and forehead lines. I love it. It is in itself a moisturizer but I always apply their Neostrata Smoothing Cream over-top (sunscreen & Vitamin. C. Serum before both) and at night, use my "Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum," then this product and a night cream. I'm still searching for a really good night cream but until then...This is a must-have product to ward off lines. It's about $58.00, comes in a pump and a little goes a long way.

on 9/12/2007 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok, I admit, I have NOT used this stuff. Why am I reviewing it then? Because I work at Shoppers Drug Mart and this is the BEST selling BEST feedback product I have gotten from my customers (ie YOU GUYS!). The price is $60 CAN for a 150 ml (I think its that size) pump bottle. It lasts approx 2-3 months and can be worn alone OR with a cream. $60 may seem expensive, but compared to other creams that I sell ($120 Dermaglow that doesnt work), its CHEAP. In fact, I've had customer say that this works much better than the $120 and I will tell a new user of this straight up. I wont sell an expensive cream that I know wont work. This product has also been found to be 11 times more effective than Strivectin! Give it a try!

on 8/24/2007 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Other than Retin-A, this new, under-the-radar product from NeoStrata, (Canadian company CanDerm) is the single
most effective treatment cream I've ever used. It takes about three months of using it twice a day to see results. Look, I don't believe in miracle creams. I thought the change in my appearance was in was my imagination--until people started guessing my age to be my well under the way over 40 that it is.) Someone who met me recently for the first time (and had no reason to unnecessarily flatter me,) accused my husband of robbing the cradle -- he's only 8 years older than I am and HE looks younger than he is. When I actually saw the difference in that most cruel indicator of age--candid PHOTOGRAPHS of myself, I knew that I was on to something. My eyes, face and neck look brighter, fresher, firmer-- well, YOUNGER. The Shopper's DrugMart SA told me to use only enough to treat problem spots. Initially, I used two pumps to treat the eye contour, the expression lines around my mouth, and the lines that form around the neck and on the forehead. Using it this way, the pump container of Wrinkle Repair lasted for a month. I now use only ONE pump on all those same areas just after cleansing and toning. I follow up with Neostrata's Wrinkle Defense SPF 15 Daytime Cream or Daytime Ultra Smoothing Cream in the AM or my Retin-A twice a week at night. Using it this way, one pump bottle should now last for two months. I also exfoliate daily--five times a week with a rotating array of mild scrubs for daily use, and a biweekly treatment with a Regenerist or Neutrogena peel. According to the SDM SA, you can apply any treatment from any line over this stuff and it will still work. You can use it as an eye cream, too. As with most eye creams I wouldn't advise using this on the upper lid, as it can drift into the eye and cause irritation.

Wrinkle Repair is $60 Canadian. PS: Don't throw this away when the pump stops dispensing product. Take a hammer and gently tap on the dividing line where the top meets the bottle. The two parts will separate. You can get another two or three days worth of product out of the foil package inside.

Popular Treatments (Face)