July 29, 2014 | 1503 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I think this is MY perfect fuchsia color. (NW20, deep soft winter, brown eyes, mauve lips)

I have way too many versions of this shade, but this is the version that wears the easiest on me. I swatched my collection and Show Orchid landed right in the middle of the red toned to-pink toned -to slightly berry toned fuchsia shades. FYI, from most red toned to pink to more purple toned fuchsia's went like this: Revlon Fuchia Fusion, MAC Girl About Town, Show Orchid (very opaque, best texture,) tied with Fuchsia Shock (very sheer/gloss like), Sephora Pantene shade in Radiant Orchid and then Revlon Wild Orchid.

It's an amplified finish, it is gorgeous. I feel guilty because I have so many types of this shade, but this has the best texture of all (tied with MAC GAT), but the pinker tone of Show Orchid wears so much easier for me. Mental note though, I need to stop buying fuchsia shades ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by VeronicaVasquez

This shade is very ... VERY bright, but i love to use it at night when i'm going out to dinner and the club but never for during the day way to gaudy for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

This is one of MAC's pro colors so the only way to purchase it is at a pro ware store (which for me is downtown Chicago) or on line. I purchased wet and wild's fuchsia with blue pearl and UD Cat fight which I like but I wanted to try MAC's. I read reviews and finally bit the bullet and bought off the web site know I could return if it was really awful.

I wasn't disappointed. Yes it is a bolder lipstick but compared to the other two lippies this color is closer to a more subtle color to wear during the day time. I added it over a balm with a lip brush and got more of a wash of color than a creamy. This is an Amplified cream so it's not really a matte but the color is still strong. I have lite/medium skin which tends to be neutral. I can go either yellow or cool toned but I prefer cool. This is more a cool toned lippie but I see it paired with peaches/yellows as well and being very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

This is one of my first MAC lipsticks, and I have to say, this is a lipstick for a fun-loving girl. It's bold! But wearable. I wore this in school and received lots of compliments. Since it's an amplified, it's a breeze to apply. It's creamy and very pigmented, and it's fairly hydrating and non drying to my lips. BUT for gals like me living in the Philippines who wants to try this color without the MAC price, try In2it's Pink Alarm. They're almost identical! Show Orchid is just a tad purpler while Pink Alarm is pinker, but same idea, same sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by britishgal92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Show Orchid is absolutely stunning - my favourite MAC lipstick and one of my favourites in my collection. I wear it a lot for nights out and it makes me feel confident and pretty. There are plenty of dupes out there but for me the particular sheen and finish of this lipstick makes it special. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by daisyspirit4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my "YES Spring Has Ariived" announcement go to lippy. I have it prepped and ready on my vanity when the very final snowflake of winter was ,elted and the tulips I planted on my Yaya yard begin to bloom.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Totally love this color. It is very opaque and just wears fab! Looks great against my dark skin and isn't drying on the lips. Totally recommend it. Check out me talking about purchasing this lipstick on my channel :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really absolutely love this color. It's a super bright fuchsia, really strong out of the bullet, though it can be easily applied sheerly for those less bold. I'm NW20, though I feel pretty certain this is a color that would work well on anyone!

The texture is nice -- no dryness -- and it lasts well enough, probably 4 or 5 hours (without eating) before I feel like I need a touchup. It doesn't last through food or drink, but in my experience that's a lot to ask. Maybe I eat anti-lipstick foods, I don't know.

My new favorite thing to do with it is to layer it with Media, or any dark color, to get a slick, shiny dark plum (so perfect for fall!).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Notthatkindofdoctor

Switched from Impassioned (which is more corally) to this as my go-to bright-bright fuschia. It's in your face, but so flattering! Amazing with a subtle matte eye or a lightly shimmery nude eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Show Orchid is definitely a cool-toned fuchsia pink lipstick with this gorgeous blue sheen. Itís incredibly bright, I think maybe the brightest hot pink lipstick I own. I love the finish (another amplified creme) and on my lips it applies smoothly and 100% opaque. The pigmentation is incredibly, surprisingly for such a cool-toned lipstick, it really suits medium-tan skintones. Itís long-lasting too, it lasts me through eating and drinking (great for nights out!) and fades to a stain on my lips that is still visible the next day.