December 19, 2014 | 1371 users online

Treatments (Face) - MyChelle - The Perfect C Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I love this serum better than any other vitamin serum that I have tried so far. I did not expect anything special to come of this serum- I purchased it on a whim while it was on sale. (The price for .5 fl. oz. is $45 is exorbitant and ridiculous, although I am quite impressed with the serum, it is simply not worth $90/fl. oz.) That being said, what I noticed immediately was a change in my skin's texture. My skin was smoother (after only one application) and was definitely more glowy and healthy-looking. At first I could not determine if it was the serum that caused it to feel that way or what, but then I noticed that I had brighter, smoother skin both morning and evening when I used this serum. I am still observing the long-term effects, but I am very content with my purchase and will continue to buy this item in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kunukua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this product 3 days ago from well.ca.
The first thing that hit me was the stench...fruit gone rotten. I couldn't stand it. The whole day I just wanted to puke. Then when I applied the recommended 2 pumps on my face, it burned like crazy......uuuuuggggh! My face was on fire and I had to wash it off. Left me red and flushed. Sending it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by peachiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my main C serum and it is one of my favorite products. It is one of the few serums where I can actually see a definite improvement in the condition of my skin. It brightens/treats/prevents wrinkles and it actually clears my skin rather than break it out. I contacted the company with some questions and they said I only really need to use it once every 3 days since it remains in the skin for that long. I like that it's in a pump but like someone else mentioned, the pump can malfunction and dispense too much serum which is frustrating as the bottle is quite small and expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not too impressed by Vitamin C serums in general, but if you want something at a good price point, I think this is a good serum to use. It smells a bit crazy, but is 17% vitamin C (the recommended concentrations for anti-aging usually seems to fall between 10-15%), is packaged well, and comes in an appropriate quantity for a product that is time-sensitive.

Pros: 17% Vitamin C. Lockable pump, airtight cap, and opaque bottle to prevent Vitamin C oxidization. Expensive, but competitive, especially for such a concentrated serum.

Cons: Kind of spits out serum, so you may end up dispensing more than you want if you're not careful when dispensing the serum. I felt I needed only half a pump to more than cover my entire face and neck area.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

poor packaging the pump spit stuff everywhere. overpriced for $30 you can get real natural vitamin C poweder or natural fruit masque loaded with it's own fresh enzymes and apply to your face for only fraction of the cost / 10 times for effective. This stuff has alcohol so if your skin doesn't tolerate alcohol very well, stay away like a plaque. It also contains argan oil that has been known to cause break out and pimples for some people especially those with oily acne prone skin

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This item was RIS and I'm glad I got a chance to try it. The steep price tag always made me shy away from trying it and the reviews on here never made me wish to try it, either. As for the reviewers who say it burns, I've only experienced burning when I've applied it over an open wound, like a pimple that recently was touched. Other than that, I use it only at night and one pump is more than enough. It's rather thick, yellow based liquid that smells "eh", but sinks in, leaving a slight film on one's skin, which is why I think it's best suited for night time use. Plus, the skin does most of it's healing while we sleep, so top notch products should be reserved for night time use.

So far, it hasn't broken me out (I've been using for about a month), it seems to heal existing pimples faster, and it actually seems to be lightening my acne scars and hyperpigmentation. NOTHING has helped with my acne scarring and I've tried so many products, including other topical C products with no apparent results. So far, I've noticed that I use less makeup to feel like I have enough coverage in the mornings, which definitely means my scarring must be diminished.

I'll update with continued use. I'd recommend buying this product when Mychelle has their 50% off sales, which makes it much more affordable (especially if only sing 1x per day). I use their Capillary Calming serum during the day and like that product better than their Clear Skin Serum (which has been reformulated and is much less effective now).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by HollyOfTheValley

I have received this as part of an awesome Mychelle sample kit of many good cleansers and creams. The tiny vials of serums are very hard to get the product out of though. This serum did not smell right and I think it is because Vitamin C becomes easily oxidized if it is not stabilized. I will be looking for another Vitamin C option and in the meantime I am buying the full size Mychelle sunshield.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by choiii8

When i first bought this product, the serum was a clearish yellow. After about a couple months, the color had turned a lot more yellow with bits of orange in it. My effective and overly expensive product was oxidized. Throughout the web, it is stated that L-asorbic acid is more harmful than good when oxidized, so i tossed the rest of it out. It's a shame i couldn't wait to see if it even worked.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ashafun

The perfect C serum is my HG. Within just a few days of use, I noticed visible decrease in my acne and my scars and hyperpigmentation. I use this serum in the am after cleansing with the fruit enzyme cleanser and follow it up with the fruit enzyme mist and the pumpkin renew cream...My skin has never looked so good...
LOVE LOVE mychelle

edit-They have reformulated the c serum and the pumkin renew cream gave me cystic acne :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by KelBel77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this product. Used in conjunction with other MyChelle products, my skin has transformed. My one and only complaint is how expensive it is for such a small amount. I would purchase this product again and again, but unfortunately I can not always afford to do so.