April 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lotions/ Creams - CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by emeliemarieanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

the application makes my eyebrows and lips feel a bit weird, but that goes away after like 20 seconds, it might be because of the unusual(not weird) texture. it makes my skin matte, smells really good and makes me feel all moisturised and cosy :~) i wouldn't call it amazing but it works really well for now!
also you can use it for your hands, feet etc which is really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by meliszo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product and have been for years. I was a competitive swimmer for 5 years and work at a pool where I am constantly in the water. Now let me tell you, my skin get SO EXTREMELY DRY after being in and out of the water all day. CeraVe leaves my skin so soft and smooth, even after a day at a swim meet AND work. I like to focus using it on my face , hands, feet, elbows, and knees. I haven't had a hangnail in years and despite being so dry, I can put it on at night and wake up moisturized.
Last year I found out that I also have urticaria (chronic hives). And while it does not cure the hives, it definitely soothes them and doesn't further irritate them. I feel for anyone that has hives because a lot of products make my skin sensitive.
It is extremely thick, but I use it all year round. It is scentless, colorless, and lasts all day. I will definitely keep repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of the only products I've ever used up before returning or throwing away.

I've had the same tub all winter. I keep it by my bed and put it on my elbows, arms, legs, and feet every night or every other night.

Usually, my skin gets cracked and dry and scaly and just...disgusting when it's cold. We recently moved to a colder climate, and since I've been using this I haven't had any scratchy elbows or scaly feet all winter! It is truly awesome. I even got my dad, who lives in an extremely dry climate and struggles with terribly dry skin, a big box of CeraVe products. He loves them. Was at my stepdad's house and spotted a tub there, too. He says his dermatologist recommended it (lives in the same dry climate as my dad.)

For the first spring in forever, I wasn't worried about putting on flip flops that first warm day because my feet are nice and normal looking for once!

By the way, this one tub has lasted me about 8-9 months. I still have a tiny bit at the bottom to scrape up and use. So for $12 at Walmart for annual to maybe twice annual purchase...and for something that works...yes this is dirt cheap.

No, a tub is not super hygienic, but I don't use this on my face and I'm sure a pump would clog like mad with such a thick cream. I kind of like the ritual of sticking my hands in the tub and slathering a ton of this stuff over my feet before I go to sleep. Is that weird?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Mssugaree423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product burned my skin, left an odd textured layer on my skin that did not absorb, caused a lot of closed comedones, and did not improve my dry patchy skin.

I now use it on my body instead of my face. It leaves that skin smooth after the textured layer wares away.

I have acne prone, sensitive, and fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by BitJustGingerly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great moisturizing cream with good for your skin ingredients that I use over the CeraVe PM facial lotion when I need some extra moisture. I will occasionally use it on my body, but prefer the SA lotion for everyday. I like this better than Cetaphil cream (which feels waxy compared to this).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

BEST CREAM EVER!

I am acne prone and have sensitive skin but this never breaks me out. I use it as eye cream and also on my nose at night as it's always dry. I don't really use this on my chin because that's where my congested cystic acne is and also it doesn't really ever get that dry there to need cream. I use the CeraVe lotions for more oily and acne prone parts of my face. I was using a similar cream to this from a health spa I go to and theirs cost $50 for the smallest little jar!!! I was so happy to see most of the ingredients in this are identical and for a 4th of the price. Total win here! I can't believe how much you get for the price. Also I don't mind that it's in a jar. Everyone should be washing their hands before they apply anything to their face, so I'm not worried about bacteria in the jar as I always wash my hands before dipping into it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Light consistency for how moisturizing it is. Absorbs quickly, doesn't feel greasy. Can be used on the body as well. The price is right. Doesn't clog my pores. Fragrance free. NEVER bothers my very sensitive skin. Contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides. No niacinamide (sp?) that is in the "AM" and "PM" versions. (I'm sensitive to that; causes me irritation.)

CONS: Not in love with the packaging in a tub, but I'm not sure they could put this formula into a pump and have it work.

ALTERNATES: They have a lotion version as well, which is, of course, lighter in texture.

APPLICATION TIPS: I actually like to use this as an eye cream, as well, for night time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by DaDiva1908

I have seborrheic dermatitis and my dermatologist recommended this. I love it. It's the perfect balance for my dry skin that can have oily moments. it has taken me years to get through a jar, so very much worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You know, it's really amazing to me that I keep buying all kinds of lotions, potions, body butters, massage bars, etc. etc. when nothing has ever worked as well as OG cerave cream. This humble jar sits in my bathroom bin, and it the ONLY thing that works the way I want it to.

Some days I use straight coconut oil, because i'm in a whole foods earth mama kind of mood. You know what? I'm pretty sure more of it gets only my scrub pants than sinks into my skin. It is oily, and by the middle of the day, it's like i never put anything on. CeraVe sinks right in, and I can put my clothes on almost immediately after applying.

SOme days i think I need something more moisturizing, so I use straight shea butter. i've also put this on before going to bed. I don't know what kind of skin you have to have to use this stuff, but I have dry winter skin that is itchy and flaky and all the rest and this stuff NEVER goes ANYWHERE. It sits like a sticky stick of butter or gooey butter or something on my skin ALL day, and nothing ever feels moisturized. When I use CeraVe, my skin, even my wintery unwaxed legs feel smooth and soft, even at 5pm. My upper arms are less bumpy, and my elbows are smooth.

Some days, I try any number of other things because they smell good, scented body oils and butters from etsy, some delicious smelling shea butter cream from target, expensive laura mercier body butter that smells like delicious tea and honey or something. I smell good for a little while, but my skin does not stay moisturized. Really, what I should do is repackage my CeraVe into small tubs with different scents in each, so I can have the smelly lotion experience, but also have moisturized skin.

This stuff is the bomb. In the summer I use the lotion. It's the same awesome stuff only not as heavy. Still stay moisturized and smooth all day. Love.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I have combo skin; now does it tell you anything?
I have dry skin with oily T-zone, isn't that better.
This cream; on its own, doesn't do much, face or body. But .... I have heavier creams that takes time to absorb, and appeared shiny/oily on the skin. I put equal part of CerVe dream and one of those heavier cream (eg. Sulwhasoo Ginseng Cream, or Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Cream), voila, the mixture absorbed rather readily on the skin, and best of all, appeared matte and no oil slick. Wonderful .