CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.4

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 8/19/2015 11:43:00 PM

Found at Costco, figured would like to try.
Kinda liquidy but not the easiest cream to spread around.
Smells disgusting by the way.
As I though this is not a bad moisturizer, I ran out of face cream and needed something for a couple of nights.
I have oily T zone and dry cheeks, so a thin layer on my cheeks and just normal toner lotion on T zone would be fine, I supposed.
Man, I got two pimples and countless of clogged pores for that. It is not like I used to have no clogged pores, but I never had any of my cheeks and eyes area.
If you attempt to be lazy and put this on your face, I have only one thing to say:
Try at your owns risk.

on 8/14/2015 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS CREAM!
I was using the cetaphil and it wasn't working enough for me. I feel the cetaphil is meant to be used for all skin types so it doesn't lean too heavy and not too light. I had oily skin when I used it and it did a good job

Whereas this one feels richer and marketed to those with normal to dry skin. I've been using prescription retinal and my skin has been super dry/flaky and nothing was working till I tried this. My face actually feels moisturized!
I think it has to do with the ceramides.
My face feels moisturized but my skin doesn't feel greasy which is great I definitely recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

-a heart full of love

on 8/6/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this as a sample packet that came with this and the hydrating cleanser. This works really well, maybe even better than the Cetaphil cream. The cetaphil one left a really heavy and sticky feeling in my skin (because of that I couldn't use it on my face), AND it smelled like hair relaxer. Whereas this one at least has beneficial ingredients, feels light on the skin but moisturizes like a dream all day long. I feel that if you use it on a small wound or on a healing pimple it will definately help it heal faster. Yesterday I did a little experiment: I mixed a pea size of this with a pea size of aloe vera gel, and applied it on my face and neck and left it overnight. The next morning, aka today, my skin was SO PLUMP and juicy looking, that with those results I am definately buying the full size tub. By the way, this is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic (aka doesn't smell like hair relaxer!).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used Cetaphil cream before Cera Ve. I have dry sensitive skin. It moisturizes well. I really like how light this product feels in comparison. I feel no product on my face after applying. If winter is harsh, I'd use Cetaphil. But for more mild seasons, Cera Ve is the one to go to. I wish it came in a pump bottle for hygienic purposes.

on 7/16/2015 7:24:00 PM

This is an excellent moisturizing cream. Works well for my sensitive skin. No fragrance. I can apply under my eyes for extra moisture.

It does NOT exfoliate (as stated in a previous review.) It is a moisturizing cream and does not have actives/acids intended to exfoliate.

I have the purse size tube and will repurchase again. I got a coupon from the Canadian site CeraVe.ca and the US site also has coupons available.

Excellent ingredients contain Ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid to protect the moisture barrier. The PM formula has niacinamide (not the cream as stated in a previous review). From the US site:

Ingredients:

Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 7/16/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Cerave. I use it on my dry cheeks and forehead and it is wonderful at keeping me moisturized to the point that I only need to use a scrub once a week. Ceramides and Olive Oil are the best moisturizers money can buy. If you have dry patches and flakiness anywhere these two things are going to be your saviors. Cerave does not contain AHAs so don't expect it to help cure damaged skin though. This is mainly for keeping that outer layer called the Stratum Corneum moisturized. Eucerin Intensive Repair for the body, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream-Night for the face and if you have the money for it Peter Thomas Roth products are the best for repairing. At least for me. However, there is no denying that Cerave is heaven in a jar!

on 7/14/2015 4:22:00 AM

made a big difference in my skin. no more flaky spots!

on 7/13/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using CeraVe for 7 years now and don't ever plan on stopped. I've introduced it to countless number of friends and family because it's the ONE SOLID brand in my skin care that I will never change (unless they change).

This cream is thick, fragrant-free, and extremely moisturizing. A little goes a long way. My first tub lasted me for over 6 months! I used it twice daily, if not more, over my entire face. Sometimes I used it on my hands too but that was not often. It took a while to get used to the thick consistency as I had been using Olay’s thin facial lotion for so many years prior but I absolutely love it now.

This stuff seriously saved my skin when I had an outbreak of painful pityriasis alba. Thank you so much CeraVe!!

on 7/10/2015 10:27:00 PM

For those of you interested, this cream will be sold with pumps starting Fall 2015. You can verify this on Cerave's website under the FAQ section. In the meantime, you can email customer service to purchase a pump instead of getting it from Amazon.

Top Rated CeraVe Products