September 22, 2014 | 956 users online

Lotions/ Creams - CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Rubyredpumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dry, flaky skin and as a poor grad student, I can't be wasting my hard earned benjamins on fancy skin cream. I need something I can afford and that works. I was skeptical over buying a cantaloupe sized jar of CereVe too. But I trust the wisdom of Makeup Alley and picked it up when I saw it on sale at CVS. I'd previously been using the much hyped Oil of Olay cream in the red jar, which costs more for less product. I find that the CeraVe actually keeps working all night, so when I wake up my skin is moisturized (not always true). I actually use it for day too, and it keeps my skin feeling plush and velvety. I prefer a thicker, protective barrier cream because my skin is so thirsty so this might not be for you (I used to sleep with mask of Vaseline). It doesn't make me look greasy, either. The huge tub is a little weird and I wish they sold it in smaller quantities, but you can't quibble over the value of this stuff. It's cheap enough for me to slather it on my hands too. If I am feeling particularly parched, I mix it with some coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Quite simply, one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. I grew up in Germany where my entire family swore by Nivea cream. I hated it. It left me greasy (yet dry underneath) with clogged pores and breakouts. Over the years I have gone from low to high end searching for the perfect moisturizer. I have dry skin, but tend toward clogs and blackheads on my nose. I am now 48 and discovered Paula's Choice products a few years ago. I am happy as a clam with all of her products...especially the new clinical 1% retinol. It's a fantastic product, but drying on my already dry skin. I tried many different moisturizers from the PC line to use after the retinol. They were all good, but I still woke up with a dry feeling face. I was tempted by the tin of Nivea in my bathroom (my husband swears by it) but knew it wasn't right for me. I stumbled across a review of CeraVe on Beautypedia and figured I would bite the bullet. I had been using the CeraVe PM but it too just didn't moisturize all night. I was truly fearful of waking up to a face full of zits after sticking my fingers into the tub of thick CeraVe moisturizer, but it felt very nice slathering it on. The next morning, I rushed to the mirror fully prepared for the worst. But no. Nothing...nothing but glowing, comfortable feeling skin!! I am shocked and feel grateful to have found something so inexpensive which works so very well for me. I have been using this for 2 weeks now with no adverse effects. Only soft, well moisturized skin. No clogs. No breakouts. No greasy shine!! The niacinamide in it also seems to be working on some hyperpigmentation (huge bonus!) I tried this on my body, but don't really care for it there (not hydrating enough on my über parched skin). On my face though, absolute perfection!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by vforvina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this product but unfortunately it did not work for me. It felt thick and waxy and dried out my skin. This didn't do anything for my skin and I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this as a night cream. It's way too emollient to use in the day time or under makeup but it's the best moisturizer to use in the winter. You need the tiniest amount on your face and it goes a long way.

The packaging can be unhygienic though and its annoying to have to keep reaching into the tub but it does last a very long time as a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Zagliadod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have incredibly sensitive and very dry skin, and this cream is non irritating to me, and has helped with my dryness in the last month. I rate it 4 stars instead of 5 because I have to time putting my makeup on after giving it a few minutes to soak in, and not wait too long or my makeup doesn't go on smoothly, and turns into this weird thick smeary paste on my face. If I time it just right though, my makeup never looks better... which is saying a lot, considering my uncooperative skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin was acting really weird, oily but dry at the same time (dehydrated?) and this really helped fix that. I was worried it was going to break me out but it doesn't, and I am very acne prone. It feels nice going on, but feels kind of tacky until it dries. It doesn't have much of a smell, and is cheap for how much you get! I don't like that it's in a jar especially since it's such a large jar that will take a while to use up, so I bought a pump for it on amazon. This product would be good for people with combination or dry skin, but probably too heavy for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by max44

I have sensitve skin and eczema that comes up on my face once in a while. This smooths and moisturized my skin without feeling greasy. I love how it doesn't contain fragrances so my skin doesn't get irritated with the perfumes most companies add into their creams. I bought the tube version of this so packaging is really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

I had previously tried this last year however was convinced it was breaking me out. I recently ran out of my olay cream so i whipped out this tub and tried it again. So far so good! Its not breaking me out which amazes me since its so thick. Great cream! My skin is looking so much healthier much plumper on my cheeks and overall the tone and texture of my skin is looking better. Makeup is applying easier as well. I didn't give it a perfect 5 because my nose is still getting flaky but that goes away if I exfoliate everyday. I also don't like the parabens in the ingredients. But besides that its a very simple cream that has no scent and it feels like its feeding my skin just what it needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This an an excellent used as a night cream for the face and it can be used anywhere on the body but I love it for my face. Usually these days I use an antioxidant rich night cream , but sometimes all your skin needs is a good old fashioned drink! This is a superb cream and it does contain ceramides and hyaluronic acid.This is just simply a wonderful moisturiser, leaves skin baby soft, no unnecessary irritants like fragrance or artificial colorants and does what it's supposed to do....moisturise. I've spent a fortune over the years on fancy department store creams but this is as good as many of them,in some cases better.Even great around eyes, no irritation whatsoever.This would be suitable for most skin types except if you're oily I would go for the lotion. But if you're dry and you want something you can just slather on without looking like a greaseball(it absorb's well ) try this.Yes I still use my antioxidant products some nights and this on others and I use a retinol serum under this cream, so I'm still reaping the benefits of these additional products, but really this is one product I won't be without. And it's so cheap! This is a winner.One last thing, I'm not keen on jars as antioxidants have to be protected from air and light but as this is not an antioxidant product this does not apply.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cream is very versatile! I prefer using this at night on my face and body. I will sometimes use this on my body during the day if I'm feeling a bit dry. I like to also use this as an eye cream at night.

Texture: Very thick, White cream. It's a little harder to spread all over (the body, but not a problem for the face) because of the thickness. I can see why they offer it in a tub because of that fact, since it takes more product to get it everywhere good.

Scent: It has no distinguishable scent that I could think of comparing it too. It's not bothersome. The Scent goes away when it dries/soaks up.

Finish: Dries matte, not greasy at all (probably one of the reason's it's harder to spread everywhere). Probably takes 10 minutes to dry.

Effects: I wake up and my skin is so smooth. It's not oily/greasy feeling at all. It really helps my skin from looking dry/peeling. The skin around my eyes are very soft too. This hasn't broken me out and is helping to balance my skin out so it's not overproducing oil.

*I have been using the foaming CeraVe cleanser and this combination has worked well. I have yet to try it with the Hydrating CeraVe cleanser.

The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. I know that there's a pump on amazon that would fit this but I felt like it was kind of expensive. I can see this product lasting a long time and I worry that I'll introduce bad stuff to it (that will sit in it for possibly a year or however long it takes to run out), cause me to breakout or degrade the product, thus wasting it.

So I went out to Walmart and bought a set of two little eye cream size tubs and a squeeze tube (near the travel sizes shampoos, toothbrush holders, soap container section) for about 2 dollars. I filled a clean Ziploc bag of the cream and squeezed it into the squeeze tube (like piping icing) and spooned it into the eye tub.

It was a little bit of work but now I can take it in my purse and not worry about contamination. And I keep the little eye cream size container in my bathroom mirror, takes up next to no space and it's prettier. I store the big ol' CeraVe tub under the sink and refill containers as necessary.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No