CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.4

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cream is great for body but not for face. Works wonders on my legs after I shave and my hands on the winter, but it would not absorb into my face. The packaging is ok, nothing amazing. I would prefer it in a tube with a pump but the jar gives you so much

on 2/16/2015 12:00:00 PM

I love Cerave lotion and the moisturizing cleanser, so I thought I would love this. Wrong: it's so thick, but oddly doesn't hydrate my skin as much as the much lighter lotion. Also, it really drags across my skin when I'm applying, so much that I fear I'm damaging my skin by man-handling it so much. Disappointing.

on 2/12/2015 3:29:00 PM

After one week of use, I developed a very bad rash (eczema or contact dermatitis), as diagnosed by my doctor. Super itchy; it first looked like white heads, then turned into patchy red rash; started to spread all over my body for 2wks even after I stopped using the cream and stated taking reactine and Benadrl. And I mean everywhere, stomach arms, neck; thank God I didn't use the cream on my face. I finally had to get a prescription steroid from my doctor. I have an appointment with a dermatologist next week, but I hope its gone by then. Rash is starting to clear, still itchy though; but better; its been abt 3 wks. I don't think its a bad cream, it might just not be for me and my sensitive dry skin.

By the way, I have been using the Cerave hydrating cleanser on my face for about a month with no problems at all.

I have however discontinued the cleanser as well, just to be safe.

on 2/3/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This moisturizer, a beauty oil, and a humidifier are my HG product combo for winter! This moisturizer has a thick, whipped, creamy, non-greasy texture that immediately soothes my dry skin. The amount you get is pretty great for the price! I had a large, wide cut on my chin that only really started to fade and heal after I started using this lotion. The ceramides really do help improve your skins protective and healing properties! I'm definitely blown away! My only complaint is I wish the packaging came with a pump or even in a squeeze tube; the product inside is worth the trouble of a jar though!

on 2/1/2015 10:40:00 AM

I purchased this in the tube at first, then in the tub when I saw it was on sale a few weeks later. I much prefer the tube; it's less messy, it's portable, and I believe the tube has a safety seal where the tub does not, and is therefore not safe from people just poking their grimy fingers in when it's in the store.

The price is pretty good overall, because a little goes a long way. It seems expensive initially but I probably have at least six months' worth between the tub and tube. Maybe a year.

I only use this on my hands and feet because it breaks me out if I use it elsewhere - yes, even on my legs! But it's been a lifesaver for my hands which, in addition to to working at a job that uses harsh soaps and requires lots of hand-washing, get dry and cracked in these Canadian winters. I use it bare minimum once a day, more if I remember, and my hands have never been in better shape.

It can feel greasy though, and sometimes my hands kind of sweat through it and that's a tad uncomfortable. But that can depend on how much you apply; it's easy to overdo it. And while I know touching my face is a no-no - so maybe this is a plus? - I definitely can't with this on my hands.

Since it's not that uncommon to get breakouts from this, try out the tube version first and do some patch testing. I highly recommend it, however, because it is superb at moisturizing (and unscented!).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This lotion cleared the (mild, bumpy) eczema that run from my underarms to the sides of my ribs within half a week! Would recommend to those with mild, seasonal eczema :D

on 1/13/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My skins been wreaking havoc on me, so I've been having to use stronger products on my face, leaving me with expectionally irritated and dry skin (it's also - 20 in Canada so that always helps). I usually get two hormonal cysts during my TOTM and small breakouts, plus I have a problem with blackheads. However, my skin is not too oily - it's very sensitive and reacts to 99% of the things I've used for my skin - evidently you can see my dilemma. I was worried this was going to be either too greasy and possibly break me out, or just grossly lay on the surface of my skin and do absolutely nothing. I couldn't be more wrong. Although the packaging is not my favourite, this is hands down the best cleanser I've ever used in my life - and trust me I've tried everything from drugstore products to Sephora creams. The texture is thick, however it does not feel heavy on your skin. You can actually feel your skin absorbing the moisturizer and instantly becoming as soft as a baby's bum :). My skin still feels moisturizer all day the day after using this product, (it's been about a week) and knock on wood, it has not broken we out whatsoever. A bit pricey but for a drugstore cream but honestly, it's totally worth it. Love love love this moisturizer, definitely has become a HG for my skin care routine - you will not regret buying this!!!

on 1/12/2015 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this moisturizer. I actually switched from philosophies Hope in a Jar to this and I will never go back. I have to say I was die hard Hope in a Jar as well. For $50 bucks a jar thats saying something savings wise.

I bought my Cerave probably almost a year ago and with daily use I am only now starting to get close to the end. There is probably an inch left in the container. I believe I paid $22 for 16 oz. Which is an incredible price for a daily face moisturizer.

I have combination skin and used to really suffer from very dry skin on my nose, to the point where my skin would flake of throughout the day, since I switched to Cerave this has not been an issue.

My only gripe with this product is that the packaging is fairly large for the one I have, it doesn't fit in any of my vanity drawers. I don't mind leaving it on my vanity however it's not the prettiest packaging either so it doesn't seem to go well with anything! Oh well I will saved $30 a container for a better product with uglier packaging.

I don't notice a smell with this cream nor is it heavy on my skin. I would say it only takes about 2-3 minutes for it to completely sink in, and doesn't leave any strange smells or oils.

on 1/7/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely fantastic from head to toe!! If you want ultra moisture that lasts all day, this is the one. Can't say enough about it....you won't be disappointed. I saw it in Costco in Canada for a steal the other week.

on 12/24/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Wonderful ultra thick cream for ver dry skin during brutal windy winter months. If you want a moisturizer that is rich, thick and creamy then this fits the bill. Extremely effective for ver dry skin, a little goes a long way, no greasy-oily or sticky feeling at all. It is a thick cream as opposed to a light lotion. For some reason this does not break me out if used on the face but I am still careful when it comes to what goes on my face due to adult hormonal break outs. Thank goodness there is some cream that I can use on my face during winter months without dreaded acne hues. Perfect for strong winter months to heal your dry skin. This cream does not have sticky feeling at all!. It is slightly pricey but you don't need much like many other runny lotions and cream. I buy this often during winters or when I want a good solid cream for my bone dry yet acne prone face. Readily available in most drug stores. Excellent, quality product.

Top Rated CeraVe Products