November 24, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lotions/ Creams - CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I applied this once and after a few hours all my redness and irritaion went down. I will never use another moisturizer again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by maryannemiles

I have a skin condition that causes my skin to be uber dry and sensitive. I use moisturizer head to toe at least once per day. I have happily been using Cetaphil for the last two or three years. I saw a review of CeraVe on Paula's Choice Beautypedia, and read a few articles about hyaluronic acid and decided it was worth a shot. I have used this for two weeks...but will be going back to Cetaphil. At first I really loved this! After using this for a while I am noticing more crepey-looking skin. This makes my skin feel really soft, but my skin is drier and I am noticing some red, irrititated spots because of the dryness. Cetaphil is cheaper and moisturizes better for me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love heavy facial creams for night time,especially if my skin is acting crazy. I found this cream on sale at Target and decided to try it out. I thought it might be something Cetaphil and I was right but its a little heavier, which is a good thing. In the morning my skin is soft and still hydrated.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

If you're on MUA long enough you'll end up trying all the HG, Holy Grail, products oft mentioned on the boards. I've seen this cream talked about and recommended here for years. The caveat, no matter how universally beloved an item seems, the TRULY universal fact for skin care and beauty items is that YMMV (your mileage may vary).

I've got very dry skin due to a med condition that causes my moisture glands to cease functioning. Sure that's awesome you're thinking, but for practical purposes such as living, eh-not so much. In the Fall and Winter especially, I need a cream at night, I used Nivea, but again this was recommended so often I had to try it. Oddly from the get go my skin actually felt drier when I awoke in the morning. Also redder, since the ruddiness in my cheeks is exacerbated by dryness, that made sense. I kept trying to make it work anyway because my skin is so uber dry, others swear by it, it wasn't cheap though you do get a lb of the stuff, oh and yeah, I had a lb of the stuff.

But logic prevailed and I accepted that for whatever reason, Cerave and my face were not meant to be. Have I mentioned I had a lb of the stuff? So I tried using it on my elbows, feet, Sahara like hands, it was fine but not impressive enough to repurchase for use in that way. Ultimately I passed it along too my sister who seems to like it. She'd have no makeup if I were not on MUA and therefore passing along all the stuff that doesn't work for me. She's making out like a bandit I tell ya.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

My skin: Normal-dry, eczema, rarely get breakouts

Best moisturizer I have ever used. It has the ingredients I look for in a moisturizer, such as ceramides and hyaluronic and you get tons of product for a reasonable price. It might be a little heavy for someone with oily skin though (I had tried this on a friend with oily skin and they looked very shiny). YMMV!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lotion was heavy and burned my facial skin each time I tried to use it, My skin itched and felt uncomfortable. I have occasional breakouts and my skin gets tight and dry if I don't apply moisturizer after cleansing. I know it gets many good reviews and it may work for your skin, but one of the ingredients just wasn't compatible with my skin. It was returned.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by netduo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a month into using this cream. Amazed that something so inexpensive and so basic can work so well. I have sensitive skin that easily burns with most moisturizers and causes t-zone oiliness. This is a rich feeling cream that soaks in quickly, leaves my skin soft and doesn't cause excess oiliness. To me, that's a huge plus. Add to that a no burn, and you have a winning combo. What beats it all is that it is so affordable!

I ordered a pump top for mine to keep it sanitary (got it on amazon). Wish it was packaged in a tube. But I can live with the tub and the pump.

Simple. Basic. Inexpensive. Effective. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Rubyredpumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dry, flaky skin and as a poor grad student, I can't be wasting my hard earned benjamins on fancy skin cream. I need something I can afford and that works. I was skeptical over buying a cantaloupe sized jar of CereVe too. But I trust the wisdom of Makeup Alley and picked it up when I saw it on sale at CVS. I'd previously been using the much hyped Oil of Olay cream in the red jar, which costs more for less product. I find that the CeraVe actually keeps working all night, so when I wake up my skin is moisturized (not always true). I actually use it for day too, and it keeps my skin feeling plush and velvety. I prefer a thicker, protective barrier cream because my skin is so thirsty so this might not be for you (I used to sleep with mask of Vaseline). It doesn't make me look greasy, either. The huge tub is a little weird and I wish they sold it in smaller quantities, but you can't quibble over the value of this stuff. It's cheap enough for me to slather it on my hands too. If I am feeling particularly parched, I mix it with some coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Quite simply, one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. I grew up in Germany where my entire family swore by Nivea cream. I hated it. It left me greasy (yet dry underneath) with clogged pores and breakouts. Over the years I have gone from low to high end searching for the perfect moisturizer. I have dry skin, but tend toward clogs and blackheads on my nose. I am now 48 and discovered Paula's Choice products a few years ago. I am happy as a clam with all of her products...especially the new clinical 1% retinol. It's a fantastic product, but drying on my already dry skin. I tried many different moisturizers from the PC line to use after the retinol. They were all good, but I still woke up with a dry feeling face. I was tempted by the tin of Nivea in my bathroom (my husband swears by it) but knew it wasn't right for me. I stumbled across a review of CeraVe on Beautypedia and figured I would bite the bullet. I had been using the CeraVe PM but it too just didn't moisturize all night. I was truly fearful of waking up to a face full of zits after sticking my fingers into the tub of thick CeraVe moisturizer, but it felt very nice slathering it on. The next morning, I rushed to the mirror fully prepared for the worst. But no. Nothing...nothing but glowing, comfortable feeling skin!! I am shocked and feel grateful to have found something so inexpensive which works so very well for me. I have been using this for 2 weeks now with no adverse effects. Only soft, well moisturized skin. No clogs. No breakouts. No greasy shine!! The niacinamide in it also seems to be working on some hyperpigmentation (huge bonus!) I tried this on my body, but don't really care for it there (not hydrating enough on my über parched skin). On my face though, absolute perfection!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by vforvina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this product but unfortunately it did not work for me. It felt thick and waxy and dried out my skin. This didn't do anything for my skin and I wouldn't purchase again.