CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.4

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used Cetaphil cream before Cera Ve. I have dry sensitive skin. It moisturizes well. I really like how light this product feels in comparison. I feel no product on my face after applying. If winter is harsh, I'd use Cetaphil. But for more mild seasons, Cera Ve is the one to go to. I wish it came in a pump bottle for hygienic purposes.

on 7/16/2015 7:24:00 PM

This is an excellent moisturizing cream. Works well for my sensitive skin. No fragrance. I can apply under my eyes for extra moisture.

It does NOT exfoliate (as stated in a previous review.) It is a moisturizing cream and does not have actives/acids intended to exfoliate.

I have the purse size tube and will repurchase again. I got a coupon from the Canadian site CeraVe.ca and the US site also has coupons available.

Excellent ingredients contain Ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid to protect the moisture barrier. The PM formula has niacinamide (not the cream as stated in a previous review). From the US site:

Ingredients:

Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 7/16/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Cerave. I use it on my dry cheeks and forehead and it is wonderful at keeping me moisturized to the point that I only need to use a scrub once a week. Ceramides and Olive Oil are the best moisturizers money can buy. If you have dry patches and flakiness anywhere these two things are going to be your saviors. Cerave does not contain AHAs so don't expect it to help cure damaged skin though. This is mainly for keeping that outer layer called the Stratum Corneum moisturized. Eucerin Intensive Repair for the body, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream-Night for the face and if you have the money for it Peter Thomas Roth products are the best for repairing. At least for me. However, there is no denying that Cerave is heaven in a jar!

on 7/14/2015 4:22:00 AM

made a big difference in my skin. no more flaky spots!

on 7/13/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using CeraVe for 7 years now and don't ever plan on stopped. I've introduced it to countless number of friends and family because it's the ONE SOLID brand in my skin care that I will never change (unless they change).

This cream is thick, fragrant-free, and extremely moisturizing. A little goes a long way. My first tub lasted me for over 6 months! I used it twice daily, if not more, over my entire face. Sometimes I used it on my hands too but that was not often. It took a while to get used to the thick consistency as I had been using Olay’s thin facial lotion for so many years prior but I absolutely love it now.

This stuff seriously saved my skin when I had an outbreak of painful pityriasis alba. Thank you so much CeraVe!!

on 7/10/2015 10:27:00 PM

For those of you interested, this cream will be sold with pumps starting Fall 2015. You can verify this on Cerave's website under the FAQ section. In the meantime, you can email customer service to purchase a pump instead of getting it from Amazon.

on 7/2/2015 7:13:00 PM

Easy on the wallet
If only a pump,
you would be perfection
Thank god for Amazon.

This is my HG moisturizer. I have almost reptilian, desert skin in the winter and this is what I wear both night and day during that season. In spring/summer, because the area in which I live gets humid, I save it strictly for night purposes. However, it really does work to soothe my dryness and get some moisture back into it. My skin shows when I don't use it, as applying makeup the next day becomes a Herculean task of trying to add moisture back in that I may have accidentally neglected.

The big downside to this product is that it does not come with a pump, so it is a slight bit on the unhygienic side if you choose to dip your hands in. For me, it was well worth the pump as I'm on my second tub and have no plans of giving it up anytime soon. As other users have mentioned, it can leave a slight film on your face, but splashing a little water on you will get rid of it.

Pros:

- Cheap
- Effective at moisturizing skin
- Contains niacinamide (helps to prevent skin from losing moisture)

Cons:

- No pump
- Leaves a slight film

on 6/15/2015 3:20:00 AM

I gave this produce 4/5 because it's great, just a little too expensive and I feel like I might find something better, BUT! Here are my thoughts

Pros
-This lotion will really lock in moisture, you feel your skin plumping up
-Non-greasy
-No offensive scent (there's a slight scent, other wise it's unscented)
-Your skin just feels like a baby's butt
-A little goes a long way

Cons
-Super thick/ feels heavy sometimes
-Kind of expensive (for the initial cost, over time I think it pays for itself)
-Packaging is a hassle (jar instead of a pump or squeeze tube)
-Packaging is also a little unhygienic

This is a lotion for people who have dry skin all year around. If it's winter, this baby is your best friend. It'll keep moisture in and keep you warm. If it's summer? Try to go for something a little bit more thin. This lotion should be for the body, I wouldn't put it on my face. It's too rich however, you could put just a little bit if you're feeling tight.

on 6/3/2015 3:50:00 PM

Perhaps, it was my fault for applying this on my face. I was just really happy with the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser that I thought I should try the rest of the product line. My dermatologists' office highly recommends Cerave Products and suggested I try this moisturizing cream on my face in order to restore my damaged skin barrier. Unfortunately, it did not pair well with my overly sensitized skin. I developed allergic, red bumps everywhere on places where I applied the cream on. This could just be because my face is highly sensitized at the moment, but I thought I was making a safe bet by using this as it is deemed a very gentle product..

I ended up giving the jar away to my mom. She does not use it on her face but does apply it on her body in conjunction with her normal moisturizer during the winter months. It works well for her. My suggestion would be to only use this on your body if you have sensitive skin on your face.

on 5/26/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to think this cream was only for the body, but found out it is also officially recommended for use on the face as well. I have been looking for a rich moisturizer that I can use on my acne-prone skin. I use retin-A micro which makes my skin pretty dry/flaky but for years I would just use it without any additional moisturizer at night because I am so paranoid about breaking out. My skin doesn't like any products with petroleum/mineral oil. Most products with plant oils cause breakouts for me too. So it has been a long search for a suitable product that is hydrating enough!

I was very apprehensive about trying this on my dry, acne-prone skin but decided to do so after reading many positive reviews from others with the same skin type. Now that I've used this for a few weeks, I can say this really hydrates so well without causing any breakouts! In fact I have not even been using retin-A at all for the past week (I am able to stop using it sometimes) and still no breakouts with regular use of the CeraVe cream.

I am a CeraVe fan and tried their PM facial lotion before but it's not as hydrating - it's a thin texture, with almost identical ingredients to the Cerave body lotion (not cream). The PM also contains an ingredient, Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, that I know from experience causes breakouts for me.

FYI this is also sold in a 1.89oz SQUEEZE TUBE which I found at CVS and you can also find it online. (At CVS it's in the skincare aisle in a small display, with smaller sizes of treatment creams/lotions from various brands such as Amlactin and others). It costs more ($4.99) but worth it for the more stable & hygienic packaging vs. the big tub... & still a cheap price to pay for a good face cream! (Ceramides are the key ingredient and those are not as stable in jar packaging). Plus CVS has a great rewards program with frequent coupons that I can use toward this product.

Top Rated CeraVe Products