October 2, 2014 | 1195 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Shade Memory Vivid Reds Color Enhancing Foam Conditioner - Warm

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by MommaTina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used just about every color enhancing & depositing shampoo & cond.I must say this is one of the worse I ever used.I like Artec Cherry color much better.This to me has done nothing for my red.I don't even use it much now.I will always like Artec the best.I go bwt dark aurburn & cooper colors.I say if you want really shiney pretty virbrant color, then try Cherry Bark for dark aurburn.Try Orange Marigold for orange reds.The only draw back is that u need alot of cond. b/c it dries your hair out.The cond makes it soft though.The Shampoo does add more color than the cond.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Lis1015

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Look, I'm a hair color maintenance junkie. I've been using Artec Color depositing shampoo for 8 years, along with the Aveda shampoos, Paul Mitchell ones, etc. I'm naturally a medium golden brown, but I've had brown-black hair, a red brown color, and now a rich dark auburn.

After the color started fading and I realized my artec was the wrong color, I bought this is warm and cool. I must disagree with the previous posters- this really really does the trick. After one use, my hair is noticeably more vibrant. After a couple uses, it's like whoa. I actually alternate between the warm and cool to keep my auburn color looking neither too orange nor too blue.

Anyway, this makes my hair super soft and shiny, I add on a little conditioner on the ends too. I leave it on for 3-5 mins and it gives me a noticeable pick up.

I totally recommend using this if you're a redhead. I also use Artec/Loreal in Cherry Bark, but I find this does a better job of immediately brightening my color.

I will buy again and strongly recommend to any redheads. I'm a skeptic, but this stuff works. Trust.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It doesn't do much. If it does it's hardly noticeable. I could leave it in 1-15 minutes and it's all the same.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

This product is worthless!

For one, I laughed at the directions on the container saying to use gloves when using it, absolutely no need to at all...this product does not deposit any color whatsoever.

I generally leave my conditioners on longer than the few minutes usually listed in the directions while I do other things in the shower. Leaving this on as long as 15 - 20 minutes still did not do a single thing color-wise.

It is not conditioning in the least! My hair felt stripped upon rinsing. I have had to use rinse out and leave in conditioners after to replace the lost moisture and even begin to get a comb through my hair.

Fun concept in it being a mousse but that's it. I'm glad I only got sample sizes of this, no way I'd ever buy the full size. Again, Matrix disappoints me, hopefully I've now learned not to even bother with their products again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I have been using this whole range together. I have naturally red hair that is fading so I have red highlights put back.
I think this does a good job at keeping the colour, although I still think the John Frieda range is better.
This is called a conditioner but it is more of a mousse and I'm not sure it has much conditioning power.
See my comments for the shampoo and conditioner for my view on the range as a whole.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite part of the shade memory system... i like it much better than color deposting products from john freida that i have also used. its much less messy. i would not however call it a conditioner as it does not condition. i let it sink in a few minutes and then put shade memory conditioner over it before rinsing for more manageable results.

EDIT: This is THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO RED HAIR. I have been dyeing red on and off for years and have tried everything to prevent fading. This stuff kept my extremely vibrant red looking perfect for 2 months. I only dyed my hair again to cover my roots. Thats never happened to me before. TRY IT. also i started using a leave in conditioner when i get out of the shower and it helps a lot.
I wash my hair 2 X a week and use this every time i wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this system as a whole for about a week. I have a terrible time keeping red in my hair. My neighbor is licensed and did a lovely strawberry color with blonde highlights for me about a week ago, and suggested I try this line. I've been very pleased with the line in its entirety. Here are my thoughts on the foaming conditioner:

I like the concept behind this product. A color depositing foam. However, there's nothing conditioning about it. It's very difficult to 'comb through evenly' with my tangle prone hair. I apply it heavily on the ends where I experience the most color loss. I do think it does its job for freshening color up. My hair does seem brighter and even after I use this. I do have to follow up with the corresponding conditioner to be able to detangle my hair. My only concerns are if this will tend to build up over time. But so far so good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

Awesome product! Glad I happened upon this at the salon! So easy to use. It has the texture of a mousse, so it doesn't run all over the place and stain things in the shower like some color-depositing products do. I use the warm, since my hair is a coppery-auburn (color-treated). I noticed a difference the first time I used it! I probably left it on a little longer than recommended (maybe between 5 and 10 minutes), as it took me forever to comb through. Not the fault of the product, though. I only wash my hair once or twice per week, so my shampoo is relatively harsh, makes combing difficult. Also, I wasn't worried about a big color change, since the base of my color is light brown. This foam has a peachy-orangey color to it, so I knew it wouldn't be able to cause any "accidents" with my color, no matter how long it was left on. This wasn't enough conditioning for my dry hair, so I added some PM "The conditioner" when I got out of the shower..perfect! I imagine the matching shampoo/conditioner products would be enough moisture if used in conjunction with this foam, however. I will update after I've had a chance to use up the first bottle with information on how long it lasts on medium/long hair when used twice per week.