Joey New York Super Duper Lips

1.4

on 3/7/2013 7:52:00 AM

Product goes on thick while staying in place. Applied an hour before anticipated event, the lips lose the gloppy gooey texture and are pleasingly plumped.

on 12/17/2007 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

first of all, there are way to many steps to this product!
you smear it on your lips and wait 2 minutes and then rub it in for a minute and the wipe it off. i am not gonna bother with all that when ther are plenty of lip plumpers out there that you just swipe on.

This did actually work for me but seems to lose its effectiveness after a few uses. at first it plumped (slightly) and lasted for 6 hours. then only only lasted a hour or 2 and then not at all.

the smell consistency and look is exactly that of honey. its sticky as well and a mess to apply. the lip pencil a a great nude shade tho!

dont bother with this, not worth the price

on 9/17/2007 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

waste of money on honey.. i swear. tastes just like honey with the same consistency.
did nothing to my lips at all.
i called customer service at joey new york and told them i wasnt satisfied with this product and they didnt do anything about it because i didnt buy it direct from the website.
i swear this product is pure honey.. thats all.. nothing else.. just honey...
dont waste your money...

Well I was going to write a review to explain to ladies not to waste their money on this, but it looks like everyone pretty much hated this so that's been covered. Didn't work at all. Any plumping would result from an increase in circulation massaging your lips like it requests. Only good thing was the lipliner I got with it which was a pretty brown based pink nude that glided on well and stayed on. Might buy the lipliner again, but not super duper lips!

on 2/4/2007 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product had the consistancy and taste of honey. I cannot even describe how useless this product was. There was no plumping whatsoever...I think regular honey would have done just as much good for 1/10 the cost. Thank god I just sampled at the store. I would have been completely irate if I had paid for this. Doesn't do anything it claims. Waste of money.

on 10/10/2006 12:48:00 PM

Well, I'm so glad to read the other bad reviews of this product ! I thought there was something wrong with MY lips when they had no effect from this stuff. What are the people at Joey thinking of to keep selling this ? No effect at all, just a serious waste of money. Like smearing honey on your lips - has the same effect.

on 9/15/2006 9:41:00 AM

Wow... I can't believe all of the negative reviews about this stuff- my roomie bought this the other day and gave it a shot and we did notice a differance on her (granted, not much but what do you expect for something that comes from a tube???) so I tried this last night and HAD to write my own review- I really like this stuff, as does my roomie! She is an estethican and had heard good things about this product but was hesitant to drop $20 on something she hadn't tried until she found this on sale for like $10!!! All we did was follow the simple directions... slather a bit of the goo from the tube (light, plesant sent) on and just outside your top and bottom lip, wait 2 minutes then lightly rub in for about 2 minutes... wipe off w/ tissue of warm water then apply liner (we also put on a bit of chapstick afterwards). Lips were noticably fuller on both of us, not DRASTIC but again- comes from a tube- I had to stop myself from laughing when I asked "Do my lips look plump?" :) because what it FEELS like is that you are pouting your lips when you aren't doing anything too them - she agreed that is the same sensation she had. I told her if she goes back to the store she got it at, to pick me up a kit. I agree that the liner is really neutral and goes on nicely. I don't care what others said, this stuff worked for me and I WOULD buy it again- AND recommend trying it.

on 8/15/2006 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I would buy this for the lip liner pencil alone. It's the only truly natural looking "nude" lip color I have found. Sadly, the product doesn't make your lips look any fuller.

on 7/28/2006 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay I agree with what everyone here has said, but I found an alternate use since it does nothing for your lips. If you use a tiny and I mean wee little amount, it works to keep eye brows in place, plus has a tiny sheen. Most brow treatments don't really do that or keep brows neat for very long, but this does. Again, use almost nothing, no one wants sticky, dripping brows!

on 5/31/2006 3:49:00 PM

This doesn't work at all. It's a complete waste of money.

Popular Lip Treatments