April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Gels/Soaps - Tone Tahitian Vanilla and Orchid Body Wash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Hated this. It gave me bacne after I used it twice. It could've been that my back was irritated by the rather strong fragrance, which smelled great when I sniffed it in the bottle, but was overwhelming and artificial smelling when I lathered it up, or it could be one of the other ingredients - who knows? It wasn't very moisturizing either. Anyway, I'm using the rest of it as hand soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I have finally found a great smelling body wash that I really love. I've mentioned before that I'm big on smells, I like to go around the store sniffing all the beauty products (weird I know, but I can't be the only woman who does this, can I?) if I don't like the way something smells I don't care how well it works, the smell will nauseate me to the point where it becomes unusable. But in any case I love how this stuff smells. It's not the cheapest body wash but for good reason. I showered last night and can still smell the scent on my skin this evening. Lathers great, also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have extremely sensitive, dry skin. I have a very hard time getting a close shave with anything, as I always end up with major irritation on my legs, and dry flakes which cause immediate stubble. This is the first thing I've tried that I get a truly close shave with! It's amazing! I have to apply lotion right away with everything, so that doesn't bother me, but really, best thing to shave with, EVER! No stubble, no rash, just beautiful, smooth legs.
Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall not terribly impressed by this body wash. I only purchased it on a whim as it was $3.50 for a rather large bottle (532 mls) at Walmart and I needed body wash.
I found the scent to be extremely subtle, consistency of the product is quite watery, and it left my skin feeling dried out and slightly itchy after wards. On the plus side it did lather up decently and didn't leave any film on my skin. Personally I have thrown away the remainder of the product after using it for about a week and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by stupidxlamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this from Walmart for about 3.50. The bottle is pretty, don't get me wrong - I just would have liked it more if it was a little transparent so you could see how much is left. The scent is great! It doesn't really leave a strong scent on your skin, it's very subtle. I personally like something more stronger, but it does the job. It gets you clean without your skin feeling dry afterward. Suds up really nice with just a little dab. I would buy it again because I absolutely love the scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ImperfectAngelxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My fav body wash! Leaves me soft and smells so so so good. It's great to shave with also. I love tahitian vanilla scented products so much.<3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't overly impressed with this. I normally use Olay Ribbons body wash, but I was hoping to find something cheaper. This was only $2.29, and I loved the exotic vanilla scent. After using it for a couple days, I'm pretty disappointed. The scent is nice, but it's not strong, nor does it linger. I can't even smell it once it rinses off. Unlike Olay, it's not moisturizing. If I don't use baby oil or lotion right after showering, my skin gets dry and itchy. With Olay, it was moisturizing enough that I didn't HAVE to do that, although I normally did. I wanted to like this, but it's just like using bar soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by flamingogirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprised about this body wash. I thought I'd try it since it was on sale. It smells so good, even my hubby likes it. It's pretty moisturizing and doesn't dry out my skin. I'll be re-purchasing this again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by DarkBrownEyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmmmmmmmmmm, this smells soooo good! Plus, my bathroom totally smelled like this bodywash after my shower! It smells good, moisturizes well, the scent isn't too strong. So far, I've found no complaints with this bodywash! I'll buy again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bubblygirl

I used to use another Tone bodywash (I think it was something with cocoa butter or something--it was a fantastic find). I spotted Tone on sale again when I ran out of the cocoa butter one, but I couldn't find the one I used to use, so based on smell alone, I decided to try this bodywash, too.

It lathers very well and is very moisturizing; if I skip a day of moisturizing in the fall, I don't get itchy skin immediately. It has a lot of moisturizing oils and things, and it even includes marshmallow, which made me a little sceptical at first--marshmallow in a body wash? What's that supposed to do, make you smell like a s'more? However, whatever marshmallow does, it does it well. But wow, does this gel smell AMAZING or what? It's so tropical and yet fresh, strong but not overpowering. Like, the bathroom smells really strongly of this scent after I shower, but my skin is only lightly scented, so it doesn't interfere with my other products.

One of my complaints would have to be the packaging. The outside is lovely, but I wish they didn't put the plastic on, because then I cannot guage how much gel I have left. Also, I turn the bottle upside down when running low to let the last of the product out, and the cap gets flooded in water. It doesn't affect the product, but when I tilt it to get the water to drain, I get cold water dripping down my arm.

I said that I'd buy this again, as it is a fantastic bodywash, but I just replaced it with a Dove bodywash, and I smelled the Mango Splash scent and it too, smells like paradise. So I will repurchase in the future, but I'm likely going to buy whatever's on sale until then.